Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Uploading a file in ftp by culr? Post 302441614 by pludi on Sunday 1st of August 2010 06:59:38 PM
Old 08-01-2010
Or, in addition to Coronas suggestion, some servers support FTPS (FTP + SSL)

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Uploading a flat file into the database.

I want to upload a text file into the database. what is the command for that? Thanks in Advance. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Balkrishna
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Simple script uploading *.dem files to an ftp

Hello.. i want to create a simple script that's upload all the *.dem files from one directory to ftp and then delete them. Any help? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: TuXaKoS
3 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Uploading a Directory via FTP in the Command Line

Hello, Is there a way to upload a directory via ftp in the command line in a single line? I'd be looking for something like this: ftp -username me -password 12345 /Users/me/mywebsitefolder /publichtml/ But I can't figure out the proper syntax. Thank you for any help. -Grey (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: wellington_grey
1 Replies

4. Solaris

Issue With File Permissions while uploading

one of the business users is ftping files into unix box using user name ftp_user, where as i am using infa_user to login into same unix box. When i am trying to access those or copy over those files from upload directory it says permission denied. Though i know the password of ftp_user to... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Ariean
4 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Issue in uploading file using sftp

Hi I'm using this script to upload a file from local system to sftp server. But in the log file i'm getting an error "Error during upload" Can you please help me out ... ### CONFIGURATION LOCAL_DIR=/abc/out FILE_MASK="File*.txt" LOG_DIR=/abc/error/File_`date "+%Y%m%d%H%M%S"`.LOG... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Jaychandra
3 Replies

6. HP-UX

[Solved] Unable to rename file in ftp server .Net:FTP perl

Hello All, I am trying to connect to ftp server and get the files. Also i need to rename the file in other ftp dir. rename method is not allowing me to rename the file in other dir. When i tried copy command by using net::FTP:FILE then perl says it is not installed. Can some body help me to... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: krsnadasa
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell: uploading file from UNIX server to sharepoint server

Is it possible to upload a file from unix server to sharepoint server through shell or perl scripting. I have the sharepoint link where it needs to be uploaded. Could you please share your views on this ? (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: scriptscript
0 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl , uploading empty file.

Hi The below script used to work fine. Suddenly it's uploading empty file. I am very new to perl. Please help me to find out the problem. #!/usr/bin/perl #script: upload.pl use CGI qw/:standard/; print header, start_html('File upload'); print_form(); print_results() if... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Anupam_Halder
2 Replies

9. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

SFTP Resticting Only Uploading Of A File

I have setup our SFTP server: SFTP Setup: /etc/ssh/sshd_config: Subsystem sftp internal-sftp Match Group sftpusers PasswordAuthentication yes ChrootDirectory /srv/sftponly AllowTCPForwarding no X11Forwarding no ForceCommand internal-sftp Adding the... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: metallica1973
5 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

[Solved] Simple Shellscript for uploading files to a specific folder on a ftp-server?

hi! Iam using my D-link DNS-320 (NAS) with fun_plug installed (a unix client) I am currently using cron to run a shellscript running a java-application that creates a couple of txt files. These files needs to be uploaded to a specific folder on my webhosts ftp server-account. I need a... (16 Replies)
Discussion started by: Nigge
16 Replies
dput(1) 						      General Commands Manual							   dput(1)

NAME
       dput - package upload tool for Debian

SYNTAX
       dput [options] [host] package.changes ...

DESCRIPTION
       This  is  a  tool  for uploading Debian packages into the archive. You may specify to which host it should upload the file by passing it an
       host argument. If omitted, dput uses the host specified by default_host (or, historically default_host_non-us) configuration option.   Also
       you have to pass the program one or more name of package.changes files and then they will be sequentially uploaded.

This  program  will  then  upload  the  package for you into the archive, using a selected upload method. Currently dput supports ftp, scp,
       rsync, http, https, and local. The method scripts have been split from the main script  so  it  is  easy  to  add  new  methods.   Look	in
       /usr/share/dput/ for examples.

Should  something  go  wrong  with your upload to destinations using the Debian upload queue daemon (e.g. ftp-master), you can remove files
       from the upload queue with dcut(1).

OPTIONS
       -c, --config - define a config file to use.

-d, --debug - activate debugging mode, helpful if bugs occur.

-D, --dinstall - do a dry run of dinstall after the upload.

-f, --force - force an upload of an already uploaded package.

-h, --help - print help information and exit.

-H, --host-list - print the lists of hosts that dput knows about.

-l, --lintian - run lintian before the upload.

-U, --no-upload-log - do not write a .upload log file after uploading.

-o, --check-only - check only the package and do not upload.

-p, --print - print the configuration that dput is using.

-P, --passive - use passive ftp instead of active. Note that passive ftp is the default unless specified  otherwise  in	the  configuration
       file.

-s, --simulate - simulate an upload only.

-u, --unchecked - don't check GnuPG signature on the changes file.

-e,  --delayed  - Upload to a DELAYED queue, rather than the usual Incoming. This takes an argument from 0 to 15. Note that a delay of 0 is
       different from no delay at all.

-v, --version - print version information and exit.

-V, --check-version - check if the user has already installed and tested the package before putting it into the archive.

ENVIRONMENT
       This program doesn't depend on any environment variables. But if the variable USER is set, it will be used.

LICENSE
       This program is distributed under the terms of the GPL.

BUGS
       Please send bug reports to the author.

FILES
       /etc/dput.cf
	      global dput configuration file

~/.dput.cf
	      peruser dput configuration file

SEE ALSO
       dput.cf(5)
       dcut(1)
       /usr/share/doc/dput
       /usr/share/dput

AUTHOR
       dput was written Christian Kurz. The current maintainer is Thomas Viehmann <tv@beamnet.de>.

Many other people have contributed to this code. See the Thanks file.

COMMENTS
       The author does appreciate comments and suggestions from you.

October 5, 2001							   dput(1)