Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users calculate logical layout values for hdd Post 302441364 by presul on Friday 30th of July 2010 10:47:34 AM
Old 07-30-2010
4) What is the manufacturers part number for each disc?
HITACHI HTS541616J9SA00

5) Is this some sort of SAN?
No, it is 2,5'' SATA1 disk mounted in notebook

I don't know why manufacturer published such info about this disk.
I fully understand difference between physical vs logical block but completely don't understand why HITACHI has in regard on heads for instance 16 heads logically but 4 heads physically ?

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

read from a file and calculate values for a specified field

hi guys im running into a problem here im trying to calculate a sum a values from a field for example a hava a file caled <filename> and it has $3 fields, and i want toextract a group of values from field &1 and compute the sum of values from $3 accordingly this is my code so far... awk... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: lucho_1
3 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to calculate the percentage for the values in column

Hi, I am having the file which contains the following two columns. 518 _factorial 256 _main 73 _atol 52 ___do_global_ctors 170 ___main 52 ___do_g How can calculate the percentage of each value in the first column ? first need to get the sum of the first column and... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: saleru_raja
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Calculate difference between two successive values

Hi, I have a file containing timestamps (at micro-seconds granularity). It looks like the following: 06:49:42.383818 06:49:42.390190 06:49:42.392308 06:49:42.392712 06:49:42.393437 06:49:42.393960 06:49:42.402115 Now I need a sed/awk script to take the difference of two successive... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sajal.bhatia
2 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Alphabet and numeric values repeat again and again on HDD/Linux-Ubuntu

My system is Linux, Ubuntu. I examine my hard disk drive with a hex editor, it's unencrypted, and when I scroll down, using page down in the ASCII section at right showing the alphanumeric and symbols information, the letters of the alphabet repeat from A-Z along with numbers repeating, followed by... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: totalrecallz
2 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to calculate umask values?

Hi, I was trying to understand how to calculate umask value but couldnt get the right way to calculate it. can some one please give me a small formula or easy method to do it? Thanks, Waseem (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: ahmedwaseem2000
4 Replies

6. AIX

IBM AIX Internal HDD vs SAN HDD and Oracle

Hi Folks, I am facing an issue with the performance. P4 with 1 processor and 16 GB RAM and SAN HDD = Oracle report takes 25 minutes P5 with 2 processors and 16 GB RAM internall HDD with LPAR = Oracle Report takes 1 hour 15 minutes ( please note I have assigned all the max processors and... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: filosophizer
7 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Calculate average of top n% of values - UNIX

Hey guys, I have several huge tab delimited files which look like this: a 1 20 a 3 15 a 5 10 b 2 15 b 6 10 c 3 23 what I am interested is to calculate the average of top n% of data in third column. So for example for this file the top 50% values are: 23 20 (Please note that it... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: @man
11 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to calculate avg values of csv file using shell scripting .?

hi all i have a reporting work and i want it to be automated using shell scripting kindly let me know how can i make that possibe . eg data are :... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Avinash shaw
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Calculate percent using values in 2 files

Trying to use file1 which is the actual counts in $2 associated with each $1 entry. The total of each $1 is in file2 with the total in $3. So when there is a match between $1 in file1 with $1 in file2, then the % is calculated using the $2 value of file1 and $3 value of file2. Thank you :). ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: cmccabe
4 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Calculate average from a given set of keys and values

Hello, I am writing a script which expects as its input a hash with student names as the keys and marks as the values. The script then returns array of average marks for student scored 60-70, 70-80, and over 90. Output expected 50-70 1 70-90 3 over 90 0 The test script so far... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: nans
4 Replies
Pango::Cairo(3pm)					User Contributed Perl Documentation					 Pango::Cairo(3pm)

NAME
Pango::Cairo - Pango rendering with the Cairo backend METHODS
layout = Pango::Cairo::create_layout ($cr) o $cr (Cairo::Context) Pango::Cairo::error_underline_path ($cr, $x, $y, $width, $height) o $cr (Cairo::Context) o $x (double) o $y (double) o $width (double) o $height (double) Since: pango 1.14 Pango::Cairo::glyph_string_path ($cr, $font, $glyphs) o $cr (Cairo::Context) o $font (Pango::Font) o $glyphs (Pango::GlyphString) Pango::Cairo::layout_line_path ($cr, $line) o $cr (Cairo::Context) o $line (Pango::LayoutLine) Pango::Cairo::layout_path ($cr, $layout) o $cr (Cairo::Context) o $layout (Pango::Layout) Pango::Cairo::show_error_underline ($cr, $x, $y, $width, $height) o $cr (Cairo::Context) o $x (double) o $y (double) o $width (double) o $height (double) Since: pango 1.14 Pango::Cairo::show_glyph_string ($cr, $font, $glyphs) o $cr (Cairo::Context) o $font (Pango::Font) o $glyphs (Pango::GlyphString) Pango::Cairo::show_layout ($cr, $layout) o $cr (Cairo::Context) o $layout (Pango::Layout) Pango::Cairo::show_layout_line ($cr, $line) o $cr (Cairo::Context) o $line (Pango::LayoutLine) Pango::Cairo::update_context ($cr, $context) o $cr (Cairo::Context) o $context (Pango::Context) Pango::Cairo::update_layout ($cr, $layout) o $cr (Cairo::Context) o $layout (Pango::Layout) SEE ALSO
Pango COPYRIGHT
Copyright (C) 2003-2011 by the gtk2-perl team. This software is licensed under the LGPL. See Pango for a full notice. perl v5.14.2 2011-11-15 Pango::Cairo(3pm)