Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting How to preserve space while concatenating strings? (KSH) Post 302441283 by dahlia84 on Friday 30th of July 2010 04:50:00 AM
Old 07-30-2010
Thanks both of you! It worked Smilie I am using something like this now...

Code:
s3=$(echo "$s1" "\n" "$s2")
echo $s3

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Concatenating Strings

Is there any function to concatenate strings in shell script (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: radhika03
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

concatenating strings..

hey guys.. probably a simple question but i cant seem to find any info on it. i have a small array of strings, and i want to concatenate the contents of the array into one big string. any ideas on how i can do this? cheers. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: jt_csv
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

mailx: concatenating strings for message body (KSH)

Hi all, Think this is a pretty simple problem, but I've been thinking about it for a few days. Let's say that I'm going to have to output the contents of a file as the body of a mailx message. I'll probably do this: cat <filename> | mailx <extra commands> However, how do I go about doing... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rockysfr
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

concatenating strings

I m new to shell scripting and what i want is take as an i/p from command line the name of the file and inside my script i should redirect the o/p of my few commands to this file concatenated with .txt for example if i give ./linux filename i should get the o/p in filename.txt i need to... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: tulip
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to preserve NL in Ksh variables?

I'm trying to set a variable to the output of a command. This is what the comand output to the display looks like: />hciconndump -v TOsiu Dump of connection(s): TOsiu ---------------------------------------------------------------------- Process: A60Tsiu Connection: TOsiu... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: troym72
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Preserve space in variable of AWK

This seems to be a stupid basic question, but I cant get the space to stick in the awk variable. I do use this command to grep a time range of the log file. cat /var/log/daemon.log | awk '$0>=from&&$0<=to' from="$(date +%b" "%e" "%H:%M:%S -d -24hour)" to="$(date +%b" "%e" "%H:%M:%S)" I now... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: Jotne
9 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Problem in concatenating two Strings

Hi Friends, I'm new to shell scripting and trying to concatenate two Strings to create a filepath like string but I'm getting an unexpected result. here is my code for 'runToneUserLoad.sh': script_dir="$(dirname $0)" echo "Script Dir:$script_dir" dirtest1="/installedUtility"... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: kuldeept
6 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Concatenating strings and run it in bash

Hi, all, I tried to write a simple shell script as follow: #!/bin/bash # What want to do in bash is following # : pcd_viewer cloud_cluster_0.pcd cloud_cluster_1.pcd cloud_cluster_2.pcd cloud_cluster_3.pcd cloud_cluster_4.pcd STR = "pcd_viewer" for i in `seq 0 4` do STR... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: bedeK
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Lex: concatenating word into array of c-strings

Alright, so I'm writing a file for the lexical analyzer (lex). It will be used to check C code (collecting the identifiers and storing those names along with the line numbers the identifier was found on). I'm not used to 'C' so I'm having some difficulty. I am using a function (insertId()) to... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: D2K
4 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Preserve leading white space

I have about 350 programs in which I have to add 2 lines; one before and one after a specfic line. The following script does the job except that I lose the indentation. #!/usr/bin/bash while read line ... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: jgt
8 Replies
echo(3XCURSES)						  X/Open Curses Library Functions					    echo(3XCURSES)

NAME
echo, noecho - enable/disable terminal echo SYNOPSIS
cc [ flag... ] file... -I /usr/xpg4/include -L /usr/xpg4/lib -R /usr/xpg4/lib -lcurses [ library... ] c89 [ flag... ] file... -lcurses [ library... ] #include <curses.h> int echo(void); int noecho(void); DESCRIPTION
The echo() function enables Echo mode for the current screen. The noecho() function disables Echo mode for the current screen. Initially, curses software echo mode is enabled and hardware echo mode of the tty driver is disabled. The echo() and noecho() functions control soft- ware echo only. Hardware echo must remain disabled for the duration of the application, else the behavior is undefined. RETURN VALUES
Upon successful completion, these functions return OK. Otherwise, they return ERR. ERRORS
No errors are defined. ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Interface Stability |Standard | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |MT-Level |Unsafe | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
getch(3XCURSES), getstr(3XCURSES), initscr(3XCURSES), libcurses(3XCURSES), scanw(3XCURSES), attributes(5), standards(5) SunOS 5.10 5 Jun 2002 echo(3XCURSES)