Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Linux SuSE Unable to Run a script at startup in suse Post 302441232 by SystemEng on Friday 30th of July 2010 12:52:37 AM
Old 07-30-2010
System hangs

Hi

I did wat u said that is i put the path in the boot.local file.

But when loading the system hangs there

Code:
Mounting securityfs on /sys/kernel/security done
Loading AppArmor module done
Loading AppArmor profiles done
System Boot Control: The system has been set up
Skipped features: boot.cycle
System Boot Control: Running /etc/init.d/boot.local
INN

INN is a message that i displayed in the script.

The script reads from a FIFO (pipe) file. So it hangs there waiting..

Nothing else is loaded..

How do i go abt it

Last edited by Scott; 07-31-2010 at 06:59 AM.. Reason: Code tags

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Linux

Run a script during reboot/startup

Hi all, i have a script in /etc/init.d directory. -rwxr-xr-x 1 root root 26 Mar 28 16:00 myscript I need it to run when my linux reboots/startup. However is it not being executed. Do i need to put in in the rc.local directory? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: new2ss
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

unable to run a script

thi is (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: angelina
10 Replies

3. AIX

run script at startup

I am using AIX 5.3 in P6 machine. I have a script "test.sh", when i run it manually it runs properly. I want to run the script automatically when system starts. I kept the script in /etc/rc.d/init.d and also in /etc/rc.d/rc2.d but it is not working. Do i have to write it in inittab instead of... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: pchangba1
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

unable to run mono app using .sh script

I did a search for this problem but couldn't find any specific answers to my problem. We have a .NET application compiled in SharpDevelop for Mono which we want to execute with a .sh shell script on Ubuntu. When we execute the script nothing happens meaning the application's visual interface... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: JacquesB
0 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Bash Script: Trouble unable to run

I am trying to create a menu, and the script fails on ln 38 (Files in pwd). Any idea on where the problem is?? Thanks for the help Rob #!/bin/bash # Cool Script for Weekly Assignment 2 (#3) that creates a menu to act as a ui # and run some popular commands. clear while : do ... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: rchirico
9 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need to run script at startup.

Hi guys , I Need to run a specific command (pinging a particular machine). Which need to run every time i reboot the server till the time it shut down. What is the preferred way of doing this. Will it impact my system performance. My Operating system is as below. # lsb_release -a... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: pinga123
3 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

run a script at startup

hi, i am using rhel 5, and i wanna run a script as soon as the operating system open. How can i do this ? ( i was reading rc.d files but i could not understand exactly what are the run levels and where should i put the my shell script. my script will be : #!/bin/ksh iptables -I INPUT... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: futi
1 Replies

8. AIX

Run script with different user at the startup ..

Run script with different user at the startup .. I have created this user appuser And I have a script should to be up thru the startup by this user appuser I have defined the path of the script /user/appstart.sh in /etc/rc But at the startup starting will be by root , I’d like to keep... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Mr.AIX
6 Replies

9. Solaris

run a service via startup script (correct me if I am wrong)

Environment Solaris 9 I have configured the Solaris9 as NTP client in which Solaris9 is syncing the time with a windows2008 R2 Server which is runing fine. Now I want that the xntpd service should start at startup. I did this via a script. Kindly correct if I did any thing wrong: 1.)Made... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: z_haseeb
9 Replies

10. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Unable to run the script on remote machine Using Expect script

Not able to execute the file in remote host using except utility I am automating the SFTP keys setp process: So i created the expect script for controlling the output of shell below is my main code: Code: #!/usr/bin/expect set fd set password close $fd set df set app close $df... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Manoj Bajpai
1 Replies
AA-STATUS(8)							     AppArmor							      AA-STATUS(8)

NAME
aa-status - display various information about the current AppArmor policy. SYNOPSIS
aa-status [option] DESCRIPTION
aa-status will report various aspects of the current state of AppArmor confinement. By default, it displays the same information as if the --verbose argument were given. A sample of what this looks like is: apparmor module is loaded. 110 profiles are loaded. 102 profiles are in enforce mode. 8 profiles are in complain mode. Out of 129 processes running: 13 processes have profiles defined. 8 processes have profiles in enforce mode. 5 processes have profiles in complain mode. Other argument options are provided to report individual aspects, to support being used in scripts. OPTIONS
aa-status accepts only one argument at a time out of: --enabled returns error code if AppArmor is not enabled. --profiled displays the number of loaded AppArmor policies. --enforced displays the number of loaded enforcing AppArmor policies. --complaining displays the number of loaded non-enforcing AppArmor policies. --verbose displays multiple data points about loaded AppArmor policy set (the default action if no arguments are given). --help displays a short usage statement. BUGS
aa-status must be run as root to read the state of the loaded policy from the apparmor module. It uses the /proc filesystem to determine which processes are confined and so is susceptible to race conditions. Upon exiting, aa-status will set its return value to the following values: 0 if apparmor is enabled and policy is loaded. 1 if apparmor is not enabled/loaded. 2 if apparmor is enabled but no policy is loaded. 3 if the apparmor control files aren't available under /sys/kernel/security/. 4 if the user running the script doesn't have enough privileges to read the apparmor control files. If you find any additional bugs, please report them at <http://https://bugs.launchpad.net/apparmor/+filebug>. SEE ALSO
apparmor(7), apparmor.d(5), and <http://wiki.apparmor.net>. AppArmor 2.7.0~beta1 2010-12-20 AA-STATUS(8)