Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users Problem of Multiline in csv file Post 302441086 by karthigayan on Thursday 29th of July 2010 09:11:00 AM
Old 07-29-2010
Perl solution ,

Code:
use strict;
use warnings;

open FILE,"<file";

foreach ( <FILE> ) {
     if ( /^seqno/i ) { 
       print $_  ;
       next ;
     }
     if ( /^[0-9].+"$/ ) {
         print "\n$_" ;
     }
     else {
        chomp;
        print "$_ " ;
     }
}

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

Problem with csv file gen from C++

Hi Frnds, I have a problem with csv file gen. Here is the description: My code genereates a csv file as output in which a particular column("OUTPUT NUMBER")contains a string value fetched from db. Now the problem is when i open this csv file the OUTPUT NUMBER column misses the zero("0")... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: electroon
10 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Multiline replace problem

I have a data of the form 0.0117843924 0. 0. 0. 0. 0.011036017 0. 0. 0. 0. 0.0103351669 0. 0. 0. 0. 4839.41211 0. 0. 0. 0. 4532.08203 0. 0. 0. 0. I would like to insert a couple of blank lines before the 4839 line, every time it appears. The numbers in the... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: mathis
2 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Problem in converting password protected excel file to csv file in unix

I need to convert a password protected excel file which will be in UNIX server to a comma separated file. For this I need to open the excel file in UNIX box but the UNIX box doesn't prompt for password instead it is opened in an encrypted manner. I could manually ftp the excel file to local... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Devivish
2 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Problem in creating CSV file

Hi guys, I am not experienced with Unix, so please dont mind if the question seem to be irrelevant. I have written a simple script, that connects DB & fetches few records from a table. I wanted to get those details as file in .CSV format via mail. -I stored the query o/p in a file. -I... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: sumitburnwal88
6 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Format problem while converting text file to csv

Hi , I need a help in following scenario.I tried searching in google but couldn't able to find the exact answer. Sorry if i am re-posting already answered query. While i am trying to convert into log file into csv i couldn't able to get the format which i am looking for. I converted file... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: varmas424
4 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to create multiline csv cell through shell script?

Hi, I have a text like the one given below status="Observation 1" read1="Source rows not load" read2="Score drop" I want to create a csv and mail it out in such a way that all three lines will be in a single cell but as three lines. For ex Col C1 ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: prasperl
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Compare 2 files of csv file and match column data and create a new csv file of them

Hi, I am newbie in shell script. I need your help to solve my problem. Firstly, I have 2 files of csv and i want to compare of the contents then the output will be written in a new csv file. File1: SourceFile,DateTimeOriginal /home/intannf/foto/IMG_0713.JPG,2015:02:17 11:14:07... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: refrain
8 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Save output of updated csv file as csv file itself, part 2

Hi, I have another problem. I want to sort another csv file by the first field. result.csv SourceFile,Airspeed,GPSLatitude,GPSLongitude,Temperature,Pressure,Altitude,Roll,Pitch,Yaw /home/intannf/foto5/2015_0313_090651_219.JPG,0.,-7.77223,110.37310,30.75,996.46,148.75,180.94,182.00,63.92 ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: refrain
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

sed multiline problem

I'm trying to replicate the sed output on p.108 of Sed&Awk,by Doughery & Robbins, 2nd edition. I'm on a Windows 10 Surface Pro, running Cygwin for 64-bit versions of Windows. Input text saved in text file called data_p108.txt: Consult Section 3.1 in the Owner and Operator Guide for a... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: prooney
9 Replies
Package::New(3pm)					User Contributed Perl Documentation					 Package::New(3pm)

NAME
Package::New - Simple base package from which to inherit SYNOPSIS
package My::Package; use base qw{Package::New}; #provides new and initialize DESCRIPTION
The Package::New object provides a consistent constructor for objects. I find that I always need these two methods in every package that I build. I plan to use this package as the base for all of my CPAN packages. RECOMMENDATIONS
Sane defaults I recommend that you have sane default for all of your object properties. I recommend using code like this. sub myproperty { my $self=shift; $self->{"myproperty"}=shift if @_; $self->{"myproperty"}="Default Value" unless defined $self->{"myproperty"}; return $self->{"myproperty"}; } use strict and warnings I recommend to always use strict, warnings and our version. package My::Package; use base qw{Package::New}; use strict; use warnings; our $VERSION='0.01'; Lazy Load where you can I recommend Lazy Loading where you can. sub mymethod { my $self=shift; $self->load unless $self->loaded; return $self->{"mymethod"}; } USAGE
CONSTRUCTOR
new my $obj = Package::New->new(key=>$value, ...); initialize You can override this method in your package if you need to do something after construction. But, lazy loading may be a better option. BUGS
Log on RT and contact the author. SUPPORT
DavisNetworks.com provides support services for all Perl applications including this package. AUTHOR
Michael R. Davis CPAN ID: MRDVT DavisNetworks.com http://www.DavisNetworks.com/ COPYRIGHT
This program is free software licensed under the... The BSD License The full text of the license can be found in the LICENSE file included with this module. SEE ALSO
Building Blocks base, parent Other Light Weight Base Objects Similar to Package::New Package::Base, Class::Base, Class::Easy, Object::Tiny Heavy Base Objects - Drink the Kool-Aid Moose, (as well as Moose-alikes Moo, Mouse), Class::Accessor, Class::Accessor::Fast, Class::MethodMaker, Class::Meta Even more Spiffy, mixin, SUPER, Class::Trait, Class::C3, Moose::Role perl v5.14.2 2011-12-03 Package::New(3pm)