Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris SUN SPARC rebooting problem, after Solaris 10 installation Post 302441027 by vishalaswani on Thursday 29th of July 2010 07:05:56 AM
Old 07-29-2010
You can follow the below appraoch:

- Go to the RSC.

- Execute the below command to restrict the server next time to ok prompt.
bootmode forth

- Power off the system.

- Poweron the system.

This time it will stop at ok prompt, you can easily go for reinstallation.

Regards,
Vishal

7 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

boot problem in Installation i86 sun solaris

Hello everybody, I installed sun solaris i86 , the programme installation install the "Mini Root" and after that he doing shutdown. the camputer coming up and he can't boot. how i can to resuled this problem ??? Thenk you in advence..... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: yanly
2 Replies

2. Solaris

file system full in Sun Solaris 9 sparc

I am trying to install the JDK 1.6 on Solaris9 Sparc machine but after downloaded .tar file from Sun website and when I am trying to untar that, I an getting the following error- zcat jdk-6u7-solaris-sparc.tar.Z | tar -xf - Sep 2 18:42:36 mgsun ufs: NOTICE: alloc: /: file system full ... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: smartgupta
11 Replies

3. Solaris

Boot problem with SUN Sparc

Newbie question. I've been running OpenSolaris on an Intel box for some time with great success. I have just bought an old Sun Blade workstation with a corrupted version of Solaris 5 something on it. The plan was to install OpenSolaris on it. However beyond my skills, I see, as no Live CD (or... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: lewtargett
10 Replies

4. Solaris

problem in rebooting solaris server

Hi, While we rebooting solaris server ,the system going to Maintenance mode instead of login console. even we are not able to run fsck command . Thanks in advanced for help. log attached FYI Executing last command: boot Boot device: /pci@83,4000/FJSV,ulsa@2,1/disk@0,0 File and args:... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: helplineinc
3 Replies

5. Solaris

Solaris SPARC 10 64Bit -JDK Installation 1.6.05

In Sun Solaris 10, not able to create the key. JDK 1.6 Installed & PATH & JAVA_HOME both are referred to jdk 1.6. It is showing the belwo error Error: wrap() failed java.security.InvalidKeyException: wrap() failed at sun.security.pkcs11.P11RSACipher.engineWrap(P11RSACipher.java:395) at... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: saktiviji
10 Replies

6. Hardware

Works sun solaris sparc with hp storageworks p2000 fc?

I need to know if is possible connect by hba a sun 5120 solaris 10 sparc with hp Storageworks p2000 and works with luns. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: bombe
3 Replies

7. Solaris

Sun Solaris SPARC Installation Suggetion plaese

Hello Team, I am new to Sun Solaris. I badly need some help, how to install solaris sparc 8 on simics 3.0.31. I am using my Acer laptop with 320 GB HD, 8 GB of RAM, Intel Core i5 processor 430M. Windows 7 already installed on it. 1.Can i make Dual partions on this laptop with Win7 and... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: faseeh
7 Replies
dts_intro(1m)															     dts_intro(1m)

NAME
dts_intro - Introduction to the DCE DTS commands DESCRIPTION
The DCE Distributed Time Service (DTS) provides the following facilities: The dtsd daemon The DTS control program (dtscp) The DTS local clock setting program (dtsdate) The DTS is implemented in the dtsd process. Both clerks and servers use the same daemon. The behavior of the dtsd daemon is determined by the dtscp command. The dtscp control program allows you to synchronize, adjust, and maintain the system clocks in a distributed network. The DTS control pro- gram commands are listed below: The advertise command, which configures the DTS server as a global server The change command, which modi- fies the epoch and sets the local time to a new time The create command, which establishes a DTS entity (a clerk or server) The delete com- mand, which causes DTS to exit on the local node The disable command, which suspends a DTS entity The enable command, which starts a DTS entity The exit command, which ends the dtscp management session and returns you to the system prompt The help command which invokes the dtscp help service. The quit command, which ends the dtscp management session and returns you to the system prompt The set command, which modifies characteristics of a DTS entity The show command, which displays characteristics of a DTS entity The synchronize command, which synchronizes the system clock with the time obtained from DTS servers in the network The unadvertise command, which removes the global server entry The update command, which gradually adjusts the system clock to a new time For more information on any of the above dtscp commands, see the appropriate reference page in this chapter. The dtsd command restarts the DTS daemon (clerk or server process). When the host system is rebooted, this command is automatically exe- cuted as part of the overall DCE configuration procedure. For more information, see the dtsd reference page in this chapter. Invocation of dtsd leaves it in an idle state. In order for it to assume an identity, it must be ``created'' with the dtscp create command. After the DTS entity is created, it is still in a non-functioning state. To put it into operation, you must invoke dtscp enable, which causes an immediate synchronization to take place. For more information, see the enable reference page in this chapter. To bring down a DTS entity, you must first stop it with dtscp disable and then delete it with dtscp delete. For more information, see the disable and delete reference pages in this chapter. The dtsdate command sets the local clock of a system to be the same as the host remote_host, running a dtsd server. For more information see the tsdate reference page in this chapter. RELATED INFORMATION
Command: dtscp(1m) dtsdate(1m) Books: DCE Administration Guide, DCE Administration Reference dts_intro(1m)