Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting indication of find activity - bash script Post 302441011 by Scott on Thursday 29th of July 2010 06:22:41 AM
Old 07-29-2010
Or:

Code:
find . -name Makefile -type f 2> /dev/null | while read FILE; do printf "."; echo $FILE > testPaths.log; done

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Bash script (using find and grep)

I'm trying to make a simple search script but cannot get it right. The script should search for keywords inside files. Then return the file paths in a variable. (Each file path separated with \n). #!/bin/bash SEARCHQUERY="searchword1 searchword2 searchword3"; for WORD in $SEARCHQUERY do ... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: limmer
6 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Find out the day in Bash Shell script

Hello All, I need a bash shell script to find out a day from the date.For example we give the date(20100227/YYYYMMDD) then we get the day 'Saturday'. Thanks in advance, Satheesh (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: satheesh4093
5 Replies

3. Programming

Bash Script to Find the status of URL

#!/bin/bash timevar=`date +%F_”%H_%M”` #-- > Storing Date and Time in a Variable get_contents=`cat urls.txt` #-- > Getting content of website from file. Note the file should not contain any http:// as its already been taken care of ######### Next Section Does all the processing ######### for i... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: anishkumarv
0 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Bash Script to Find the status of URL

#!/bin/bash timevar=`date +%d-%m-%Y_%H.%M.%S` #-- > Storing Date and Time in a Variable get_contents=`cat urls.txt` #-- > Getting content of website from file. Note the file should not contain any http:// as its already been taken care of echo "Datae-time URL Status code Report" >... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: anishkumarv
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Find associated strings in a bash shell script

Hi together, unfortunately I am not a shell script guru - the following might touch the depths of awk, substr, split, regexps, where I am still fighting with - but as always the boss needs a fast solution :-( So: I have the following USER/PASSWORD-installation-config-file, from where I want to... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: Sofie
10 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

BASH script problem using find, ideas?

Hi, I'm trying to write a script to search through my computer and find all .jpg files and put them all in a directory. So far I have this: for i in `find /home -name '*.jpg' ` ; do mv $i home/allen/Pictures/PicturesFound ; done When I run it, I get this error (this is only part of it, it... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: FortressPTH
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Bash script to find comments in file

As I stated in a previous thread - I'm a newbie to Unix/Linux and programming. I'm trying to learn the basics on my own using a couple books and the exercises provided inside. I've reached an exercise that has me stumped. I need to write a bash script that will will read in a file and print the... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: ksmarine1980
11 Replies

8. Programming

Bash script - find command with delete and exec

hi all, i have devised a script that starts in /restored/ and in there, there are a lot of sub folders called peoples names and in the sub folders are files/folders and it deletes the data in the sub folders BUT not the sub folder itself and it should then touch a file in all the sub folders... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: robertkwild
3 Replies

9. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Find Memory and activity from command output

Hello - I have a requirement to get the Memory(Xmx) and the activity name using it. Sample input info : 1502 02:57 /bin/sh /opt/rather/bar/deploy/bar_run.sh 1545 02:57 java -Drather.repository=/opt/rather/bar/deploy/JobSyng_Barol_Count/JobSyng_Barol_Count/../lib -Xms1024M... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Varja
3 Replies
FSCK-LARCH(1)						      General Commands Manual						     FSCK-LARCH(1)

NAME
fsck-larch - verify that a larch B-tree is internally consistent SYNOPSIS
fsck-larch [--config=FILE] [--dump-config] [--dump-memory-profile=METHOD] [--dump-setting-names] [--fix] [--generate-manpage=TEMPLATE] [-h] [--help] [--list-config-files] [--log=FILE] [--log-keep=N] [--log-level=LEVEL] [--log-max=SIZE] [--log-mode=MODE] [--no-default-configs] [--output=FILE] [--trace=PATTERN] [--version] [FILE]... DESCRIPTION
fsck-larch reads an on-disk, committed B-tree created by the larch Python library, and verifies that it is internally consistent. It re- ports any problems it finds, but does not currently fix them. OPTIONS
--config=FILE add FILE to config files --dump-config write out the entire current configuration --dump-memory-profile=METHOD make memory profiling dumps using METHOD, which is one of: none, simple, meliae, or heapy (default: simple) --dump-setting-names write out all names of settings and quit --fix fix problems found? --generate-manpage=TEMPLATE fill in manual page TEMPLATE -h, --help show this help message and exit --list-config-files list all possible config files --log=FILE write log entries to FILE (default is to not write log files at all); use "syslog" to log to system log, or "none" to disable log- ging --log-keep=N keep last N logs (10) --log-level=LEVEL log at LEVEL, one of debug, info, warning, error, critical, fatal (default: debug) --log-max=SIZE rotate logs larger than SIZE, zero for never (default: 0) --log-mode=MODE set permissions of new log files to MODE (octal; default 0600) --no-default-configs clear list of configuration files to read --output=FILE write output to FILE, instead of standard output --trace=PATTERN add PATTERN to trace patterns --version show program's version number and exit SEE ALSO
Larch home page (http://liw.fi/larch/). FSCK-LARCH(1)