Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Replace a word After a string. Post 302440876 by indrajit_u on Wednesday 28th of July 2010 05:53:48 PM
Old 07-28-2010
Question Replace a word After a string.

Hello Gurus,

I have a file which has foll contents scattered:
Code:
,TotUnasgndNetAmt     
FROM DEV_EIS_T.Wkly_SO_CCD_MOSumSnpsht
WHERE
CalDayRunDt = '2010-07-21'
UNION ALL
SELECT 
CalDayRunDt             
,BusWkCd
,'N'

I want to replace 2010-07-21 that starts after ' and ends before ' with a variable called $curr_date. There is also an N which starts after ' and ends before ' but I want to replace only the date field. It will be always in the format YYYY-MM-DD so it will be 10 characters long (if this helps).

Thank you in advance.

Last edited by Scott; 07-28-2010 at 07:21 PM.. Reason: Please use code tags

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Replace a word with string from another file

Hi, this belongs a little to my other post but only at the starting point. With find -name "*.htm*" i got a list like this: ./1999/01/file1.html ./1999/01/file2.html ./1999/02/file1.html ./2000/04/file1.html ./2000/04/file2.html ./2000/04/file3.html ./2000/file1.html... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Tonda
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Replace a word from a string

How can i replace a particular word from string i.e. var="shiv_dutt_para_shar" wrd="para" rep_wrd="PARA" what i am trying to do that first i'll search if $var catains #wrd or not. if it contains then i've to replace $wrd with $rep_wrd. I have tried following #!/bin/sh t="shiv... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: jadoo_c2
5 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Seach for part of string and replace whole word

I am trying to find words in a text with a certain ending with sed and replace them with themselves but wrapped in tabs ex.: The fish swims in the water. -> searching for -ms ending The fish <tab>swims<tab>in the water. I've been trying all sorts of commands and get either an error... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: stinnes
5 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Replace first word after string INITIAL

Hi I have a file with hundreds of lines, some of the lines have word INITIAL followed by some numbers like ....INITIAL 1234535 .... ....INITIAL 5768644 .... I would like to replace the number after word INITLA with 4K how can I do it? Cant get my heard around this! The string is always... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: halacil
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Replace a word after a particular word in a file

Hi, I want to replace a word in a file which occurs after a particular word. For example : $cat file.txt CASE WHEN AND c1 = 'I' AND c2= '2' THEN 1 WHEN AND c1= 'I' AND c2= '0' THEN 2 So in this example i want to replace... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: ashwin3086
4 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

grep part of word or Another word from a string

Hi all, FileOne family balance >>>>> 0 0 0 0 java.io.FileNotFoundException: Settings.xml (No such file or directory) at java.io.FileInputStream.open(Native Method) .. .... ..... ..... java.lang.NullPointerException ... ..... ...... Stacktrace: at... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: linuxadmin
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Replace a word in a string starting with another word

Hi All, I have a file in which a number of lines are starting with similar first word but different next words. I want to replace the any nth word(not 1st or 2nd) with another word. Eg:- My file contains are like this:- Ram is a boy. Ram is a good boy. Ram plays cricket. Here I want to... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: mukeshbaranwal
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Find and replace a word in all the files (that contain the word) under a directory

Hi Everyone, I am looking for a simple way for replacing all the files under a directory that use the server "xsgd1234dap" with "xsdr3423pap". For Example: In the Directory, $pwd /home/nick $ grep -l "xsgd1234dap" *.sh | wc -l 119 I have "119" files that are still using... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: filter
5 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell Script @ Find a key word and If the key word matches then replace next 7 lines only

Hi All, I have a XML file which is looks like as below. <<please see the attachment >> <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?> <esites> <esite> <name>XXX.com</name> <storeId>10001</storeId> <module> ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Rajeev_hbk
4 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Search and replace the string with new word using xml tags

Hi All i need to replace the url1 inside <remote> tag in below xml in first instance and in the second instance with url2. any help appreciated <locations> <hudson.scm.SubversionSCM_-ModuleLocation> <remote>https://svn2015.com/svn/repos/internalshard</remote> ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: madankumar.t@hp
4 Replies
PAPS(1) 						      General Commands Manual							   PAPS(1)

NAME
paps - UTF-8 to PostScript converter using Pango SYNOPSIS
paps [options] files... DESCRIPTION
paps reads a UTF-8 encoded file and generates a PostScript language rendering of the file. The rendering is done by creating outline curves through the pango ft2 backend. OPTIONS
These programs follow the usual GNU command line syntax, with long options starting with two dashes (`-'). A summary of options is included below. --landscape Landscape output. Default is portrait. --columns=cl Number of columns output. Default is 1. --font=desc Set the font description. Default is Monospace 12. --rtl Do rtl layout. --paper ps Choose paper size. Known paper sizes are legal, letter, a4. Default is A4. --bottom-margin=bm Set bottom margin in postscript points (1/72 inch). Default is 36. --top-margin=tm Set top margin. Default is 36. --left-margin=lm Set left margin. Default is 36. --right-margin=rm Set right margin. Default is 36. --help Show summary of options. --header Draw page header for each page. --markup Interpret the text as pango markup. --encoding=ENCODING Assume the documentation encoding is ENCODING. --lpi Set the lines per inch. This determines the line spacing. --cpi Set the characters per inch. This is an alternative method of specifying the font size. --stretch-chars Indicates that characters should be stretched in the y-direction to fill up their vertical space. This is similar to the texttops behaviour. AUTHOR
paps was written by Dov Grobgeld <dov.grobgeld@gmail.com>. This manual page was written by Lior Kaplan <kaplan@debian.org>, for the Debian project (but may be used by others). April 17, 2006 PAPS(1)