Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting syntax error: unexpected end of file Post 302440867 by boopathyvasagam on Wednesday 28th of July 2010 04:16:46 PM
Old 07-28-2010
Thank you. It would be useful for me if you could say the significance of placing that END in the begining.
Code:
[marcdev@dyl02019dat03 eipfeed]$ sh insert_bckup_lkp.sh
insert_bckup_lkp.sh: line 2: [: : integer expression expected
insert_bckup_lkp.sh: line 10: [: : integer expression expected
pass a valid parameter to shell
1 for INSERT into bckup_marc_parameter_lookup
2 for DELETE/INSERT into bckup_marc_parameter_lookup

[marcdev@dyl02019dat03 eipfeed]$ sh insert_bckup_lkp.sh 1
69 rows created.

Commit complete.

Last edited by Scott; 07-28-2010 at 06:23 PM.. Reason: Code tags, please...

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

syntax error: unexpected end of file

Hi, I need ur help is this matter, i have th ebelow script, and i keep getting this error: syntax error: unexpected end of file affectedRow=`cat dbOutput.log | grep "1 row affected"` echo "affectedRow : $affectedRow" if ; then echo "Look to the next OMCDB" ... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: Alaeddin
10 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

I have a script that's failing ./zzmaster.sh: line 2: syntax error: unexpected end of file There are 4 scripts total involved. The first 'znocc0.sh' essentially curls a page then does some sed sequences... #!/bin/sh #GET SENTINAL INFO curl -b z0cookie.txt -L -k -e... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: phpfreak
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

script syntax error: unexpected end of file

Need help. I cannot find the reason for this error: here is the script (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Lenora2009
6 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Hi, I have problem in constructing "IF" condition. The below code throws "tst.sh: line 10: syntax error: unexpected end of file" #!/bin/ksh test=9 echo $test if ] then echo "in" fi echo "end" exit 0 Actually, i want to check whether the variable $test is empty or null. ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: tinku
5 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

I will appreciate help is this matter. i am getting this error (./getwind.scr: line 41: syntax error: unexpected end of file) in the following script : ############################## #QSUB -eo -q sb -lT 1200 -s /bin/csh #Run on an HP-UX machine or norway to access ncks # lat and lon are in... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: peeriich
0 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

line 15: syntax error: unexpected end of file

Hi all, I am very new to programming and even newer to this forum as well, so I apologize if this should have been in the Newbie category, but... I am currently trying to figure out Shell Scripting and am running into problems early. Not having taken any kind of programming class, I am not even... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ccorder22
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

syntax error unexpected end of file

I am new to unix, so thank u for ur patience I try to make it work (to duplicate two first columns in several files): #!/bin/bash for i in `seq 2 5` do awk `{ print $1,$1,$2,$2,$3,$4}` final_chr.${i} > input_${i} done and i get ./my_script3.sh: command substitution: line 5: syntax... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: kush
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

cygwin syntax error: unexpected end of file

Hi, I am getting error while running the script. "syntax error: unexpected end of file" if i do cat i cant see the content of the script also it is showing as cat test.sh doner /home/master/* /home/Priya/$i| while read i j The original script is paste /home/names.txt /home/ip.txt |... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: ranjancom2000
6 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Syntax error `end of file' unexpected

I checked the forum and internet, tried different workaorunds but it didnt fixed the error. Please advise on the code. #!/bin/sh CWD=/home/test/Bench cd $CWD (grep "`date +%d-%b"`" File.txt) > /home/test/Bench/dateout if then echo “data” > /home/test/ Bench /test else echo "File... (16 Replies)
Discussion started by: rajjev_saini123
16 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Unexpected End of File Syntax Error

Hi, I am brand new to this so I apologize ahead of time for any formatting problems. I know there is a previous (closed) thread on here about this problem but I wasn't able to fix the error following the posts there so I thought I could create a new one. Here is the error I am getting: ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: SierraG
3 Replies
CUBRID_AFFECTED_ROWS(3) 						 1						   CUBRID_AFFECTED_ROWS(3)

cubrid_affected_rows - Return the number of rows affected by the last SQL statement

SYNOPSIS
int cubrid_affected_rows ([resource $conn_identifier]) DESCRIPTION
int cubrid_affected_rows ([resource $req_identifier]) The cubrid_affected_rows(3) function is used to get the number of rows affected by the SQL statement (INSERT, DELETE, UPDATE). PARAMETERS
o $conn_identifier -The CUBRID connection. If the connection identifier is not specified, the last link opend by cubrid_connect(3) is assumed. o $req_identifier - Request Identifier, could be returned from either cubrid_prepare(3) or cubrid_execute(3). If the request identifier is not spec- ified, the last identifier requested by cubrid_prepare(3) or cubrid_execute(3) is assumed. RETURN VALUES
Number of rows affected by the SQL statement, when process is successful. -1, when SQL statement is not INSERT, DELETE or UPDATE. FALSE, when the request identifier is not specified, and there is no last request. EXAMPLES
Example #1 cubrid_affected_rows(3) example <?php $conn = cubrid_connect('localhost', 33000, 'demodb', 'dba', ''); cubrid_execute($conn, "DROP TABLE IF EXISTS cubrid_test"); cubrid_execute($conn, "CREATE TABLE cubrid_test (d varchar)"); $sql_stmt = "INSERT INTO cubrid_test(d) VALUES('php-test')"; $req = cubrid_prepare($conn, $sql_stmt); for ($i = 0; $i < 10; $i++) { cubrid_execute($req); } cubrid_commit($conn); $req = cubrid_execute($conn, "DELETE FROM cubrid_test WHERE d='php-test'", CUBRID_ASYNC); var_dump(cubrid_affected_rows()); var_dump(cubrid_affected_rows($conn)); var_dump(cubrid_affected_rows($req)); cubrid_disconnect($conn); print "done!"; ?> The above example will output: Rows deleted: 5 SEE ALSO
cubrid_execute(3). PHP Documentation Group CUBRID_AFFECTED_ROWS(3)