Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Distributing a perl script
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Distributing a perl script Post 302440613 by bankai on Tuesday 27th of July 2010 08:28:21 PM
Old 07-27-2010
If you're using modules ( CPAN or other ) you can bundle them together with your code in an extractable tar file. Then set your @INC appropriately in your perl code.

eg.
Code:
app_dir/
        lib/
             my_module.pm
        bin/
             my_app.pl

I'm not sure if this suits your needs or not ...

7 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Distributing folders into set sizes

Is it possible to have a script watch a folder which contains other folders and split the contents into folders of under 700MB? Not sure if I explained that very well, but I have on my server an 'archive' folder where finished work is dropped, it is then burned to CD for storage and deleted, I... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: redturbo
3 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Help with distributing scripts

Hi, I have written a series of BASH scripts that I have grouped together into a software package I distribute to other users in my field. The package consists of a "master script", which users modify to specify particular processing variables. Depending on the variables specified, and their... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: msb65
5 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

calling a perl script with arguments from a parent perl script

I am trying to run a perl script which needs input arguments from a parent perl script, but doesn't seem to work. Appreciate your help in this regard. From parent.pl $input1=123; $input2=abc; I tried calling it with system("/usr/bin/perl child.pl $input1 $input2"); and `perl... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: grajp002
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

executing perl script from another perl script : NOT WORKING

Hi Folks, I have 2 perl scripts and I need to execute 2nd perl script from the 1st perl script in WINDOWS. In the 1st perl script that I had, I am calling the 2nd script main.pl =========== print "This is my main script\n"; `perl C:\\Users\\sripathg\\Desktop\\scripts\\hi.pl`; ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: giridhar276
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl : embedding java script with cgi perl script

Hi All, I am aware that html tags can be embedded in cgi script as below.. In the same way is it possible to embed the below javascript in perl cgi script ?? print("<form action="action.htm" method="post" onSubmit="return submitForm(this.Submitbutton)">"); print("<input type = "text"... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: scriptscript
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Distributing script projects, suggestions/ideas?

Heyas If you recall, not too long ago, i was asking about the GNU Autotools. The feedback on that was almost unisense, and me figured that it turned my (back then) +98% SHELL project into a +73% GROFF project... :( Felt a bit overhelmed, specialy since i didnt actualy use or need the true... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: sea
0 Replies

7. Programming

PERL: In a perl-scripttTrying to execute another perl-script that SETS SOME VARIABLES !

I have reviewed many examples on-line about running another process (either PERL or shell command or a program), but do not find any usefull for my needs way. (Reviewed and not useful the system(), 'back ticks', exec() and open()) I would like to run another PERL-script from first one, not... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: alex_5161
1 Replies
SCANDEPS(1p)						User Contributed Perl Documentation					      SCANDEPS(1p)

NAME
scandeps - Scan file prerequisites SYNOPSIS
% scandeps *.pm # Print PREREQ_PM section for *.pm % scandeps -e 'STRING' # Scan an one-liner % scandeps -B *.pm # Include core modules % scandeps -V *.pm # Show autoload/shared/data files % scandeps -R *.pm # Don't recurse % scandeps -C CACHEFILE # use CACHEFILE to cache dependencies DESCRIPTION
scandeps is a simple-minded utility that prints out the "PREREQ_PM" section needed by modules. If you have CPANPLUS installed, modules that are part of an earlier module's distribution with be denoted with "S"; modules without a distribution name on CPAN are marked with "?". Also, if the "-B" option is specified, module belongs to a perl distribution on CPAN (and thus uninstallable by "CPAN.pm" or "CPANPLUS.pm") are marked with "C". Finally, modules that has loadable shared object files (usually needing a compiler to install) are marked with "X"; with the "-V" flag, those files (and all other files found) will be listed before the main output. Additionally, all module files that the scanned code depends on but were not found (and thus not scanned recursively) are listed. These may include genuinely missing modules or false positives. That means, modules your code does not depend on (on this particular platform) but that were picked up by the heuristic anyway. OPTIONS
-e STRING Scan STRING as a string containing perl code. -c Compiles the code and inspects its %INC, in addition to static scanning. -x Executes the code and inspects its %INC, in addition to static scanning. -B Include core modules in the output and the recursive search list. -R Only show dependencies found in the files listed and do not recurse. -V Verbose mode: Output all files found during the process; show dependencies between modules and availability. Additionally, warns of any missing dependencies. If you find missing dependencies that aren't really dependencies, you have probably found false positives. -C CACHEFILE Use CACHEFILE to speed up the scanning process by caching dependencies. Creates CACHEFILE if it does not exist yet. SEE ALSO
Module::ScanDeps, CPANPLUS::Backend, PAR ACKNOWLEDGMENTS
Simon Cozens, for suggesting this script to be written. AUTHORS
Audrey Tang <autrijus@autrijus.org> COPYRIGHT
Copyright 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006 by Audrey Tang <autrijus@autrijus.org>. This program is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. See <http://www.perl.com/perl/misc/Artistic.html> perl v5.14.2 2012-02-24 SCANDEPS(1p)