Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Distributing a perl script
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Distributing a perl script Post 302440613 by bankai on Tuesday 27th of July 2010 08:28:21 PM
Old 07-27-2010
If you're using modules ( CPAN or other ) you can bundle them together with your code in an extractable tar file. Then set your @INC appropriately in your perl code.

eg.
Code:
app_dir/
        lib/
             my_module.pm
        bin/
             my_app.pl

I'm not sure if this suits your needs or not ...

7 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Distributing folders into set sizes

Is it possible to have a script watch a folder which contains other folders and split the contents into folders of under 700MB? Not sure if I explained that very well, but I have on my server an 'archive' folder where finished work is dropped, it is then burned to CD for storage and deleted, I... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: redturbo
3 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Help with distributing scripts

Hi, I have written a series of BASH scripts that I have grouped together into a software package I distribute to other users in my field. The package consists of a "master script", which users modify to specify particular processing variables. Depending on the variables specified, and their... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: msb65
5 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

calling a perl script with arguments from a parent perl script

I am trying to run a perl script which needs input arguments from a parent perl script, but doesn't seem to work. Appreciate your help in this regard. From parent.pl $input1=123; $input2=abc; I tried calling it with system("/usr/bin/perl child.pl $input1 $input2"); and `perl... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: grajp002
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

executing perl script from another perl script : NOT WORKING

Hi Folks, I have 2 perl scripts and I need to execute 2nd perl script from the 1st perl script in WINDOWS. In the 1st perl script that I had, I am calling the 2nd script main.pl =========== print "This is my main script\n"; `perl C:\\Users\\sripathg\\Desktop\\scripts\\hi.pl`; ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: giridhar276
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl : embedding java script with cgi perl script

Hi All, I am aware that html tags can be embedded in cgi script as below.. In the same way is it possible to embed the below javascript in perl cgi script ?? print("<form action="action.htm" method="post" onSubmit="return submitForm(this.Submitbutton)">"); print("<input type = "text"... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: scriptscript
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Distributing script projects, suggestions/ideas?

Heyas If you recall, not too long ago, i was asking about the GNU Autotools. The feedback on that was almost unisense, and me figured that it turned my (back then) +98% SHELL project into a +73% GROFF project... :( Felt a bit overhelmed, specialy since i didnt actualy use or need the true... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: sea
0 Replies

7. Programming

PERL: In a perl-scripttTrying to execute another perl-script that SETS SOME VARIABLES !

I have reviewed many examples on-line about running another process (either PERL or shell command or a program), but do not find any usefull for my needs way. (Reviewed and not useful the system(), 'back ticks', exec() and open()) I would like to run another PERL-script from first one, not... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: alex_5161
1 Replies
Module::Install::Bundle(3)				User Contributed Perl Documentation				Module::Install::Bundle(3)

NAME
Module::Install::Bundle - Bundle distributions along with your distribution SYNOPSIS
Have your Makefile.PL read as follows: use inc::Module::Install; name 'Foo-Bar'; all_from 'lib/Foo/Bar.pm'; requires 'Baz' => '1.60'; # one of either: bundle 'Baz' => '1.60'; # OR: auto_bundle; WriteAll; DESCRIPTION
Module::Install::Bundle allows you to bundle a CPAN distribution within your distribution. When your end-users install your distribution, the bundled distribution will be installed along with yours, unless a newer version of the bundled distribution already exists on their local filesystem. While bundling will increase the size of your distribution, it has several benefits: Allows installation of bundled distributions when CPAN is unavailable Allows installation of bundled distributions when networking is unavailable Allows everything your distribution needs to be packaged in one place Bundling differs from auto-installation in that when it comes time to install, a bundled distribution will be installed based on the distribution bundled with your distribution, whereas with auto-installation the distibution to be installed will be acquired from CPAN and then installed. METHODS
o auto_bundle() Takes no arguments, will bundle every distribution specified by a "requires()". When you, as a module author, do a "perl Makefile.PL" the latest versions of the distributions to be bundled will be acquired from CPAN and placed in inc/BUNDLES/. o bundle($name, $version) Takes a list of key/value pairs specifying a distribution name and version number. When you, as a module author, do a perl Makefile.PL the distributions that you specified with "bundle()" will be acquired from CPAN and placed in inc/BUNDLES/. o bundle_deps($name, $version) Same as "bundle", except that all dependencies of the bundled modules are also detected and bundled. To use this function, you need to declare the minimum supported perl version first, like this: perl_version( '5.005' ); o auto_bundle_deps Same as "auto_bundle", except that all dependencies of the bundled modules are also detected and bundled. This function has the same constraints as bundle_deps. BUGS
Please report any bugs to (patches welcome): http://rt.cpan.org/NoAuth/ReportBug.html?Queue=Module-Install AUTHORS
Audrey Tang <autrijus@autrijus.org> Documentation by Adam Foxson <afoxson@pobox.com> COPYRIGHT
Copyright 2003, 2004, 2005 by Audrey Tang <autrijus@autrijus.org>. This program is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. perl v5.16.3 2012-03-01 Module::Install::Bundle(3)