Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Advice using cut & echo combination commands Post 302440564 by pravin27 on Tuesday 27th of July 2010 02:29:54 PM
Old 07-27-2010
Hi,

Post your sample input file and expected output.

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Combination Of commands

Hello All, I just wanted to know what are the different ways of using commands in combination. The most common one which i know is using pipes. Also grouping is also done like ( ls; date) where output of both the commands is displayed. Are there any other ways of combining various... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: rahulrathod
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

combination of two commands

I want to show a output like this Lee Ballancore PID TTY TIME CMD 31799 pts/3 00:00:00 vim 31866 pts/3 00:00:00 vim 2495 pts/7 00:00:00 vim 8368 pts/0 00:00:00 vim 9544 pts/2 00:00:00 ps Alistairr Rutherford PID TTY TIME CMD 8368 pts/0 00:00:00 vim 9544 pts/2 00:00:00 ps ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: nehaquick
3 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Combination of find -xargs & wc -l

Dear all, I have to calculate sum of record count of files of the specified directory. First I tried the following way which prints one or more outputs. How can I sum of this output? find /home/work/tmp/1/O/ -type f -print0 | xargs -0 wc -l | grep total 1666288 total 1073908 total ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: mr_bold
4 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Sed Awk Cut Grep Combination Help ?

I have been reading for a few hours trying to educate myself enough to accomplish this task, so please know I have performed some research. Unfortunately, I am not a *NIX scripting expert, or a coder. I come from a network background instead. SO, here is my desired outcome. I have some Cisco... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: abbzer0
5 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

storing output from echo & cut into variable

Hi All, Hope someone can advise here as I have been struggling to find a syntax that works here. I have tried a stack of combination I have seed in the forums but I think because I have needed to use "" and `` in the statments another method is found. I am reading in lines with the following... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: nkwilliams
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Append && echo "success" to all commands

I am learning to build from SVN and other tools, with a lot of copying and pasting from forums. I like to append && echo "success" to all commands so that I can see at a glance if things went all right. Is there a way that I can have the bash shell append this to all commands? Thanks! (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: dotancohen
5 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

combination between || and && in IF condition with ksh

Dear All, Please advice about this issue. when i run this line in a script if && || && || && if i enter $x = test3 and $y = test1 the If condition apply while it should not Best Regards (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: islam.said
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Using a combination of sort/cut/grep/awk/join/paste/sed

I have a file and need to only select users that have a shell of “/bin/bash” in the line using awk or sed please help (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: boyboy1212
4 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Optimize a combination of commands

Im currently running this command to satisfy a particular task. it works for my purposes. but i want to be able to optimize this string of commands and have it be reduced to 1 or 2 commands, if at all possible: head -4 datafile 2>/dev/null | cut -c1-400 | wc | awk '{print $2$1$3}' (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: SkySmart
5 Replies
JACK_IODELAY(1) 					      General Commands Manual						   JACK_IODELAY(1)

NAME
jack_iodelay - JACK toolkit client to measure roundtrip latency SYNOPSIS
jack_iodelay DESCRIPTION
jack_iodelay will create one input and one output port, and then measures the latency (signal delay) between them. For this to work, the output port must be connected to its input port. The measurement is accurate to a resolution of greater than 1 sample. The expected use is to connect jack_iodelay's output port to a hardware playback port, then use a physical loopback cable from the corre- sponding hardware output connector to an input connector, and to connect that corresponding hardware capture port to jack_iodelay's input port. This creates a roundtrip that goes through any analog-to-digital or digital-converters that are present in the audio hardware. Although the hardware loopback latency is the expected use, it is also possible to use jack_iodelay to measure the latency along any fully connected signal path, such as those involving other JACK clients. Once jack_iodelay completes its measurement it will print the total latency it has detected. This will include the JACK period length in addition to any other latency in the signal path. It will continue to print the value every 0.5 seconds or so so that if you wish you can vary aspects of the signal path to see their effect on the measured latency. If no incoming signal is detected from the input port, jack_iodelay will print Signal below threshold... . every second until this changes (e.g. until you establish the correct connections). To use the value measured by jack_iodelay with the -I and -O arguments of a JACK backend (also called Input Latency and Output Latency in the setup dialog of qjackctl), you must subtract the JACK period size from the result. Then, if you believe that the latency is equally distributed between the input and output parts of your audio hardware (extremely likely), divide the result by two and use that for input and/or output latency value. Doing this measurement will enable JACK clients that use the JACK latency API to accurately position/delay audio to keep signals synchronized even when there are inherent delays in the end-to-end signal pathways. AUTHOR
Originally written in C++ by Fons Adriensen, ported to C by Torben Hohn. 0-122-0 September 2012 JACK_IODELAY(1)