Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Finding perl files without documentation Post 302440563 by figaro on Tuesday 27th of July 2010 02:29:40 PM
Old 07-27-2010
Finding perl files without documentation

I have an application consisting of a number of perl files. I want to find those perl files that have no documentation yet, so I tried the following from the root level of the directory where the application resides:
Code:
perldoc -r *

The output is something like the following:
Code:
No documentation found for "Build.PL".
No documentation found for "CHANGES".
...etc...

then the output stops at a file which apparently does have perl documentation:
Code:
Perldoc is only really meant for reading one document at a time.

How do I make the script continue? Then afterwards, I can do the following for those files that dont have documentation:
Code:
grep "No documentation found for"

Last edited by figaro; 07-27-2010 at 03:30 PM.. Reason: removed typo

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

finding duplicates with perl

I have a huge file (over 30mb) that I am processing through with perl. I am pulling out a list of filenames and placing it in an array called @reports. I am fine up till here. What I then want to do is go through the array and find any duplicates. If there is a duplicate, output it to the screen.... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: dangral
3 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

finding duplicate files by size and finding pattern matching and its count

Hi, I have a challenging task,in which i have to find the duplicate files by its name and size,then i need to take anyone of the file.Then i need to open the file and find for more than one pattern and count of that pattern. Note:These are the samples of two files,but i can have more... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: jerome Sukumar
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl: finding pattern and substituting

In Perl, I know pattern matching is something like, $name =~ /xxxxxx/; If I find pattern matching using regular expression, how do I substitute it with real string? For example, I need to find pattern, /-\d\d\d\d/, which is something like "-2000", but those 4 digits can be any numbers. Now, I... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: hkjang
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Finding missing files that are named sequentially with Perl?

Hello I am new to Perl, in fact I am on chapter one of the book. :) However I am in need of a Perl Script faster than I can finish the book. Perhaps someone can help me with my immediate need while I read my book. I have a directory with hundreds of files that are all named like... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: newftronics
4 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Finding directory and sub-directories individual size in Perl

Hi, Can anyone redirect to an existing thread or provide some info on how to find the size of a directory and it's sub-directories using a single script ? I tried finding a similar thread but in vain. I'm a newbie and any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ryder
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl: Finding next day

Hi All, I have date format like 09/10/2005(MM/DD/YYYY) format. Using this as input i want to get the next day. The ouput should be in MM/DD/YYYY). Please help me how to do it using perl. Example:: Input 09/10/2005 Output 09/11/2005 Thanks in advance!! Rgds, Giri. (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: girish.raos
7 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Finding files with wc -l results = 1 then moving the files to another folder

Hi guys can you please help me with a script to find files with one row/1 line of content then move the file to another directory my script below runs but nothing happens to the files....Alternatively Ca I get a script to find the *.csv files with "wc -1" results = 1 then create a list of those... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Dj Moi
5 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Finding unique values in a hash (Perl)

Hi, I have a hash with unique keys associated with some data. my %FINALcontigs = ( 'mira_rep_c765:119reads**', 'ctctactggaagactgac', 'mira_rep_c7454:54reads**', 'atggatactgcgctgttgctaactactgga', 'mira_rep_c6803:12reads**', 'atcgactggatgcagggttgtggtttcta', ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: jdilts
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl script for finding directories with mtime

Need assistance in the perl script . Below script gives me the results of all the files and directories with mtime with no issues . But i wanted to have a file and specify all the directory locations and use that file as reference and get results . Any ideas are highly Appreciated . ... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: ajayram_arya
6 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Finding Files with Perl on a Hidden Dir?

Greetings! Been a while since I futzed around with Perl, and came upon a minor headscratcher for the community ;) Here's the basic code which I'm trying to make tick over:#!/usr/bin/perl use strict; use warnings; use diagnostics; print " starting "; while (-e "~/.somedir/testFile")... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: LinQ
9 Replies
IRSEND(1)							   User Commands							 IRSEND(1)

NAME
irsend - basic LIRC program to send infra-red commands SYNOPSIS
irsend [options] DIRECTIVE REMOTE CODE [CODE...] DESCRIPTION
Asks the lircd daemon to send one or more CIR (Consumer Infra-Red) commands. This is intended for remote control of electronic devices such as TV boxes, HiFi sets, etc. DIRECTIVE can be: SEND_ONCE - send CODE [CODE ...] once SEND_START - start repeating CODE SEND_STOP - stop repeating CODE LIST - list configured remote items SET_TRANSMITTERS - set transmitters NUM [NUM ...] SIMULATE - simulate IR event REMOTE is the name of a remote, as described in the lircd configuration file. CODE is the name of a remote control key of REMOTE, as it appears in the lircd configuration file. NUM is the transmitter number of the hardware device. For the LIST DIRECTIVE, REMOTE and/or CODE can be empty: LIST "" "" - list all configured remote names LIST REMOTE "" - list all codes of REMOTE LIST REMOTE CODE - list only CODE of REMOTE The SIMULATE command only works if it has been explicitly enabled in lircd. -h --help display usage summary -v --version display version -d --device use given lircd socket [/var/run/lirc/lircd] -a --address=host[:port] connect to lircd at this address -# --count=n send command n times EXAMPLES
irsend LIST DenonTuner "" irsend SEND_ONCE DenonTuner PROG-SCAN irsend SEND_ONCE OnkyoAmpli VOL-UP VOL-UP VOL-UP VOL-UP irsend SEND_START OnkyoAmpli VOL-DOWN ; sleep 3 irsend SEND_STOP OnkyoAmpli VOL-DOWN irsend SET_TRANSMITTERS 1 irsend SET_TRANSMITTERS 1 3 4 irsend SIMULATE "0000000000000476 00 OK TECHNISAT_ST3004S" FILES
/etc/lirc/lircd.conf Default lircd configuration file. It should contain all the remotes, their infra-red codes and the corresponding timing and wave- form details. DIAGNOSTICS
If lircd is not running (or /var/run/lirc/lircd lacks write permissions) irsend aborts with the following diagnostics: "irsend: could not connect to socket" "irsend: Connection refused" (or "Permission denied"). SEE ALSO
The documentation for lirc is maintained as html pages. They are located under html/ in the documentation directory. lircd(8), mode2(1), smode2(1), xmode2(1), irrecord(1), irw(1), http://www.lirc.org. irsend 0.9.0-pre1 October 2010 IRSEND(1)