Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Perl removing strings from a variable value Post 302440419 by pravin27 on Tuesday 27th of July 2010 06:53:07 AM
Old 07-27-2010
Code:
$abc='grd groupstudy : tutor6/7';
if ( $abc=~/(.+?)\s(.+?)\s:\s(.*)/) { $myvalue2=$3;}

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

appending strings to variable

is it possible? as i keep reading a file, i want one particular variable to keep storing the line that i've read so far (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: finalight
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

bash hell , removing " and adding from a strings

I'm writing a bash script and i'm stuck the out put of a dialog menu is echo $select "foo" "bar" "lemon" cheese" while I need $foo $bar $lemon $cheese to reuse them as strings later in the script and very new to bash scripting and i've no idea how to do this any help would be... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: xpd259
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Removing text between two static strings

Hi everyone, I need to replace the text between two strings (html tags) and I'm having trouble figuring out how to do so. I can display the text with sed but I'm not having any luck deleting the text between the two strings. My file looks like this: <oths>test</oths><div class="text">1928... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: cg2
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Removing a character from a variable and assigning it to another variable?

Hi folks. I have this variable called FirstIN that contains something like this: 001,002,003,004... I am trying to assign the content of this variable into ModifiedIN but with the following format : 001 002 003 004...(changing the commas for spaces) I thought about using sed but i am not... (17 Replies)
Discussion started by: Stephan
17 Replies

5. SuSE

finding and removing block of identical strings

i have a problem in finding block of identical strings...i solved the problem in finding consecutive identical words and now i want to expand the code in order to find and remove consecutive identical block of strings... for example the awk code removing consecutive identical word is:... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: cocostaec
2 Replies

6. Programming

i have a problem in finding block of identical strings...i solved the problem in finding consecutive identical words and now i want to expand the code in order to find and remove consecutive identical block of strings... for example the awk code removing consecutive identical word is:... (2 Replies)
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

script in perl for removing strings between a file

I have file that looks like: ATOM 2517 O VAL 160 8.337 12.679 -2.487 ATOM 2518 OXT VAL 160 7.646 12.461 -0.386 TER ATOM 2519 N VAL 161 -14.431 5.789 -25.371 ATOM 2520 H1 VAL 161 -15.336 5.698 -25.811 ATOM 2521 H2 VAL 161 -13.416 10.529 17.708 ATOM 2522 H3 VAL 161 -14.363 ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: kanikasharma
4 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Removing string between two particular strings in a line

Hi, I have a file with following format: 1|What is you name (full name)?|Character 2|How far is your school ?|Numeric Now I need to remove everything inside brackets () or . There can be more than one pair of brackets. The output file should look like: 1|What is you name?|Character... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: ppatra
8 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need help with using strings in variable

Hi, I am calling a in-house built api from unix shell script for posting some comments on jira. Facing some problem in handling variables could someone give some insights here. #1) Below is working I have declared a variable called var=testing and used that var in my api it works fine. ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: close2jai
1 Replies
Locale::Codes::LangFam(3pm)				 Perl Programmers Reference Guide			       Locale::Codes::LangFam(3pm)

NAME
Locale::Codes::LangFam - standard codes for language extension identification SYNOPSIS
use Locale::Codes::LangFam; $lext = code2langfam('apa'); # $lext gets 'Apache languages' $code = langfam2code('Apache languages'); # $code gets 'apa' @codes = all_langfam_codes(); @names = all_langfam_names(); DESCRIPTION
The "Locale::Codes::LangFam" module provides access to standard codes used for identifying language families, such as those as defined in ISO 639-5. Most of the routines take an optional additional argument which specifies the code set to use. If not specified, the default ISO 639-5 language family codes will be used. SUPPORTED CODE SETS
There are several different code sets you can use for identifying language families. A code set may be specified using either a name, or a constant that is automatically exported by this module. For example, the two are equivalent: $lext = code2langfam('apa','alpha'); $lext = code2langfam('apa',LOCALE_LANGFAM_ALPHA); The codesets currently supported are: alpha This is the set of three-letter (lowercase) codes from ISO 639-5 such as 'apa' for Apache languages. This is the default code set. ROUTINES
code2langfam ( CODE [,CODESET] ) langfam2code ( NAME [,CODESET] ) langfam_code2code ( CODE ,CODESET ,CODESET2 ) all_langfam_codes ( [CODESET] ) all_langfam_names ( [CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::rename_langfam ( CODE ,NEW_NAME [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::add_langfam ( CODE ,NAME [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::delete_langfam ( CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::add_langfam_alias ( NAME ,NEW_NAME ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::delete_langfam_alias ( NAME ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::rename_langfam_code ( CODE ,NEW_CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::add_langfam_code_alias ( CODE ,NEW_CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::delete_langfam_code_alias ( CODE [,CODESET] ) These routines are all documented in the Locale::Codes::API man page. SEE ALSO
Locale::Codes The Locale-Codes distribution. Locale::Codes::API The list of functions supported by this module. http://www.loc.gov/standards/iso639-5/id.php ISO 639-5 . AUTHOR
See Locale::Codes for full author history. Currently maintained by Sullivan Beck (sbeck@cpan.org). COPYRIGHT
Copyright (c) 2011-2012 Sullivan Beck This module is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. perl v5.16.2 2012-10-11 Locale::Codes::LangFam(3pm)