Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: get homepage and save it
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting get homepage and save it Post 302440051 by shimaric on Monday 26th of July 2010 03:10:31 AM
Old 07-26-2010
Quote:
If the filename has a funny extension, you can use --force-html to force wget to behave better.
Smilie

That solved everything! Smilie Thanks for your instant help!

cheers shimaric

6 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Set up apache to point at my homepage

I have just install apache 1.3.22 on my solaris 2.6 with virtualhost which is working fine but I want to configure my httpd.conf file so that when I type in my url on an internet browsers it goes straight to my home page. eg www.mydomain.com should display my home page at the monent when I type... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: hassan2
4 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Open google homepage with search results

Hi, we can open firefox Google to open a webpage.But, how can I open the firefox directly with the search term given at commandline and directly display the page with search results. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ramkishore
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Save cURL verbose output to file or do it like browser "save as.."

hi there ! i have exactly the same problem like this guy here https://www.unix.com/shell-programming-scripting/127668-getting-curl-output-verbose-file.html i am not able to save the curl verbose output.. the sollution in this thread (redirecting stderr to a file) does not work for me.... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: crabmeat
0 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Homepage stats ping

Hi guys I need a script that can ping a list of hosts and print the output to my homepage, with the result "running" or "dead". I'm new in this so please be patient with me. Can anybody help me? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: NickB
1 Replies

5. HP-UX

SYstem Management Homepage (SMH) Issues - HP-UX 11.11

I have a couple of issues with SMH running on HP-UX 11.11. The version numbers of the modules that I have loaded is below. 1) Does anyone have the "HPUX_EthernetLANEndpoint" or "HPUX_EthernetPort" modules on their server? I am getting errors within the SMH error log stating that these... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: JDM_Nokia
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Save value from output of Corestat and save in a list for each core

I am trying to modify the "corestat v1.1" code which is in Perl.The typical output of this code is below: Core Utilization CoreId %Usr %Sys %Total ------ ----- ----- ------ 5 4.91 0.01 4.92 6 0.06 ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Zam_1234
0 Replies
PVREMOVE(8)                                                   System Manager's Manual                                                  PVREMOVE(8)

NAME
pvremove - remove a physical volume SYNOPSIS
pvremove [-d|--debug] [-h|--help] [-t|--test] [-v|--verbose] [--version] [-f[f]|--force [--force]] [-y|--yes] PhysicalVolume [PhysicalVol- ume...] DESCRIPTION
pvremove wipes the label on a device so that LVM will no longer recognise it as a physical volume. OPTIONS
See lvm(8) for common options. -ff, --force --force Force the removal of a physical volume belonging to an existing volume group. Normally vgreduce(8) should be used instead of this command. You cannot remove a physical volume which in use by some active logical volume. -y, --yes Answer yes to all questions. SEE ALSO
lvm(8), pvcreate(8), pvdisplay(8), vgreduce(8) Sistina Software UK LVM TOOLS 2.02.95(2) (2012-03-06) PVREMOVE(8)