Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Unix printing user id
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Unix printing user id Post 302440038 by maxtor on Monday 26th of July 2010 01:54:46 AM
Old 07-26-2010
Bug Unix printing user id

running red hat linux 6.0\unix - when doing a print job - the user id and job no. are printing on the second page - how do i stop this - cannot see anything in the printcap - am i looking in the wrong place? -true noob here so bear with me - thanks for any info

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Printing Problems in unix ... ( Bar-cdoe - Ip Printing)

Hi guys ... i need ur help with some printing problem in unix ... first prob. : i wanna print from my NCR unix to an Win NT , Ip based printing server ( HP JetDirect ) . My issue , is it possible to print directly to an Ip address from unix ? How do i make it work to get any results ?... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: QuickSilver
3 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Printing under UNIX

Hi All As UNIX newbie, (I know Open VMS very well) I have the following question: If I use the lpr command for printing, I normally specify the printer name an the file I want to print. So far so good. Once this is done I can than check with the lpstat command the status of my printjob, but... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: duc
2 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

UNIX Printing

Greetings. Got a problem I'm working on, not that familiar with UNIX to be honest. We're having some issues printing from a UNIX Server, hoping someone can help. Here's the situation: We have remote offices that use Microsoft Windows Remote Desktop Client to connect to a Windows 2003 Terminal... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: MPW
5 Replies

4. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Unix Printing

Hi, I need to print PDF from Unix command line on couple of printers like Lexmark T644PS, HP LJ4100DTN connected to Windows Print Server. I need options of mentioning the printer name and choosing tray number for printing. I was successfull in FTPing PDF files to printer but i could not find... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: snvijaysankar
2 Replies

5. SCO

Unix Printing

Hi, The code is generating a file of 180 lines, I can check that with vi, but when I am executing the following command for duplex printing , it is printing 4 pages which include 2 blank pages 2 & 4 (page no). $ lp -d printer -0 'land,double,lpi=8,length=90' filename It is expected to print... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: dsd
1 Replies

6. Solaris

User specific printing options

Hi, how do I query available printer options and set defaults for my print requests? I have found lpoptions (man lpoptions(1)) on the web but it doesn't seem to be available under Solaris and I can't work out how else to do it. Thanks, Bob (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: BobD
2 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Sco Unix printing : jobs hangs in queue - printing via lp versus hpnpf

Hi, We have a Unix 3.2v5.0.5. I installed a printer via scoadmin, HP network printer manager with network peripheral name (hostname and ipadres are in /etc/hosts). This is the configuration file : Code: root@sco1 # cat configurationBanner: on:AlwaysContent types: simpleDevice:... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: haezeban
0 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need help with printing in UNIX

I have a file that looks like below: a:b:c d e f g h u:f:j e:k:c0 d9 e1 x55 h789 p:d:hh dtyu gasd lrtyu oqa Is there a way to print is as given below: a:b:c d e f g h u:f:j e:k:c0 d9 e1 x55 (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: sags007_99
5 Replies

9. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Printing the user and group info

Hi All, i want to collect all the users info whose id greater than 999 and print the groups information which they belong. example : for user in $(cut -d: -f1,3 /etc/passwd | egrep ':{4}$' | cut -d: -f1); do groups $user; done centos : centos adm wheel systemd-journal balu : balu ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: balu1234
2 Replies
la380kof(8)						      System Manager's Manual						       la380kof(8)

NAME
la380kof - Filter for the Korean LA380 printer SYNOPSIS
/usr/lbin/la380kof [-c] [-h host] [-i indent] [-L locale] [-l length] [-n login] [-w width] [accounting_file] OPTIONS
Prints control characters. Specifies the host name of the job owner. This name can contain Korean characters. Specifies the amount of indentation. The default value is no (no indentation). Specifies the page length in lines. The default value is 66. Specifies the printer codeset. This value must be a valid locale name. The default value is ko_KR.deckorean. Specifies the login name of the job owner. This name can contain Korean characters. Specifies the page width in columns. The default value is 132. OPERANDS
Specifies the file to record accounting information. DESCRIPTION
The la380kof filter filters text data for the LA380-K printer. The filter handles the device dependencies of the printer and performs accounting functions. At print job completion times, accounting records are written to the file specified by the af field in the /etc/printcap file. The la380kof filter can handle plain text files and files that have been preprocessed by nroff. Either kind of file can contain non-ASCII characters. The filter translates nroff control sequences for underlining, superscripting, and subscripting into the proper control sequences for the LA380-K printer. The la380kof filter can be the specified filter in both the of and the if fields in the /etc/printcap file. For more information on these fields, see printcap(4). The LA380-K printer can be configured to use the software on-demand loading (SoftODL) mechanism to print user-defined characters (UDCs). Refer to i18n_printing(5) for a more complete description of SoftODL. To enable SoftODL printing, set the ys value in /etc/printcap to 256. You can also set the default SoftODL database, style and size by using the odldb and odlstyle options in the ya field. If you specify a value for the yt field, use fifo. Refer to printcap(4) for more information on these fields and associated options. NOTES
The lpr command supports a number of options and associated arguments to enable localization features supported by various printers. The following can be used with the la380kof print filter: To specify the SoftODL database path To specify SoftODL font style and size For a complete description of the -A option and its arguments, refer to lpr(1). ERRORS
The lf field (default value is /dev/null) in the /etc/printcap file specifies the name of the error log. SEE ALSO
Commands: lpr(1), pr(1), lpd(8), pac(8) Files: printcap(4) Others: i18n_printing(5) la380kof(8)