Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Please check perl script
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Please check perl script Post 302439754 by ellechim on Friday 23rd of July 2010 01:16:21 PM
Old 07-23-2010
Please check perl script

Code:
#!/usr/local/bin/perl

#$path = perl;

#use File::stat;
use Time::localtime;

sub ExampleFiles{
         $today = time;
         $today -= $today % 86400;
         $return_value = 0;
         $mtime = (stat("$_[0]"))[9] || die "cannot stat file $!";
         $size =  (stat("$_[0]"))[7];  # size in bytes$
         $ok = "NOT OK";
         my @a = glob "mysql*.gz" ;

#my $d = ctime(stat($_)->mtime);

if( $size > 0 && $mtime >= $today )
       {
          $ok = "Successful";
          $return_value = 1;
       }

#foreach (@a) {
#    if ( -e $_)
#    {
#          print "File found $_.\n";
#    }
#    else
#    {
#            print "No file found $_.\n";
#    }
#}

print "$_[0] is $ok \n ";
        return $return_value;
}
$found = 0;

opendir (DIRHNDL, "/Backup/servers/10.1.10.35") ||  die "Cannot open directory $!";
@filelist = readdir (DIRHNDL);

closedir (DIRHNDL);
foreach $filename ( @filelist )

{
  if ($filename =~ $path)
   {
     $found |= ExampleFiles $filename;
   }

foreach (@a) {
    if ( -e $_)
    {
          print "File found $_.\n";
    }
    else
    {
            print "No file found $_.\n";
    }
}

}

guys, please check my code above. I'm trying to write a script that will check whether the backup file is created daily or not inside the directory. If the backup file created, it will display "OK", else it will display the date of "no backup". If no data found, It will display "no backup found".

Is my code on the right track?

Thanks for the help

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl script to check free disk space

hello, I have to check the free space on the disk that would work both on Windows and Unix platform e.g on C: \ for Windows and / on Unix. I could use Unix command 'df ' ( my windows system has Unix emulator cygwin and could run 'df ' as well). But I'd like not to rely on system command but... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: susja
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl Script to check file date and size

Hi guys, i am new to perl. I started reading the perl documents and try to come up with some logic. I am trying to create a script that would go into a location, search for todays files, then searches for all .txt files from today. If todays not found, its an error If file size is less... (26 Replies)
Discussion started by: DallasT
26 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

perl script to check if empty files are created and delete them and run a shell script

I have a local linux machine in which the files are dumped by a remote ubuntu server. If the process in remote server has any problem then empty files are created in local machine. Is there any way using perl script to check if the empty files are being created and delete them and then run a shell... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: hussa1n
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl Variable Check Script

I am working on a perl script that is used to update a list of hosts to a certain file but I am having an issue when I try to perform a check to make sure the user enters valid information. The following is what I have currently written for the script: IPINPUT: print "Enter IP Address: ";... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Takau
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

perl check email script not seeing attachment

The following script does pull the sender and Subject of the email but it is not seeing the attachment name. I know there is an attachment. I line in red SHOULD pull the filename out. this line is in the message: Content-Disposition: attachment; filename="Picture 243.jpg" ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Ikon
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl script to check uname options

I am trying to read the /etc/security/limits.conf file to match with my specifications. Specification should match below : nofile=131072 noproc=131072 memlock=3500000 I have written a perl script to read the file: #!/usr/bin/perl $FILE1 = "/home/sriram/perl_scripts/limits.conf";... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sriram003
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

perl script to check the mail ids in the correct format or not

Hi Folks, I have few mailids in a text file and need to check whether the mailid is in correct format or not. If just to check whether the string is a mailid or not there is a perl module Email::Valid to do the business or we can implement our own logic. But the mail_ids I am having is... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: giridhar276
4 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help with Perl script that can check a URL and notifiy when changes occur

I'm a scripting newbie and I'm trying to learn. No better way than being assigned a project. So basically, I'm trying to come up with a script that can periodically check a URL and then notify when changes occur to the file. So what I'm thinking is that I need to devise a PERL script that... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: adam1mc
3 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to check if printer is out of paper using perl script ?

Hello, I need to chack if the printer is out of paper, and send message to operator. I need to do this from perl script. The printer have mechanism to check if it have paper. However, the cups does not report "printer out of paper" when I remove the paper, and try to print. Is there any... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: +Yan
1 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell/perl script to check for files

Hi, I am trying to write a script for following scenario: I have a list of countries from where I receive files...eg. (Indonesia, Thailand, Australia...etc) For each country, I have a list of files that they send. IND -- a,b,c TH -- p,q,r AU -- x,y,z The path for these files could... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: neil.k
2 Replies
bup-index(1)						      General Commands Manual						      bup-index(1)

NAME
bup-index - print and/or update the bup filesystem index SYNOPSIS
bup index <-p|-m|-s|-u> [-H] [-l] [-x] [--fake-valid] [--fake-invalid] [--check] [-f indexfile] [--exclude path] [--exclude-from filename] [-v] DESCRIPTION
bup index prints and/or updates the bup filesystem index, which is a cache of the filenames, attributes, and sha-1 hashes of each file and directory in the filesystem. The bup index is similar in function to the git(1) index, and can be found in ~/.bup/bupindex. Creating a backup in bup consists of two steps: updating the index with bup index, then actually backing up the files (or a subset of the files) with bup save. The separation exists for these reasons: 1. There is more than one way to generate a list of files that need to be backed up. For example, you might want to use inotify(7) or dno- tify(7). 2. Even if you back up files to multiple destinations (for added redundancy), the file names, attributes, and hashes will be the same each time. Thus, you can save the trouble of repeatedly re-generating the list of files for each backup set. 3. You may want to use the data tracked by bup index for other purposes (such as speeding up other programs that need the same informa- tion). MODES
-u, --update recursively update the index for the given filenames and their descendants. One or more filenames must be given. If no mode option is given, this is the default. -p, --print print the contents of the index. If filenames are given, shows the given entries and their descendants. If no filenames are given, shows the entries starting at the current working directory (.) . -m, --modified prints only files which are marked as modified (ie. changed since the most recent backup) in the index. Implies -p. -s, --status prepend a status code (A, M, D, or space) before each filename. Implies -p. The codes mean, respectively, that a file is marked in the index as added, modified, deleted, or unchanged since the last backup. OPTIONS
-H, --hash for each file printed, prepend the most recently recorded hash code. The hash code is normally generated by bup save. For objects which have not yet been backed up, the hash code will be 0000000000000000000000000000000000000000. Note that the hash code is printed even if the file is known to be modified or deleted in the index (ie. the file on the filesystem no longer matches the recorded hash). If this is a problem for you, use --status. -l, --long print more information about each file, in a similar format to the -l option to ls(1). -x, --xdev, --one-file-system don't cross filesystem boundaries when recursing through the filesystem. Only applicable if you're using -u. --fake-valid mark specified filenames as up-to-date even if they aren't. This can be useful for testing, or to avoid unnecessarily backing up files that you know are boring. --fake-invalid mark specified filenames as not up-to-date, forcing the next "bup save" run to re-check their contents. --check carefully check index file integrity before and after updating. Mostly useful for automated tests. -f, --indexfile=indexfile use a different index filename instead of ~/.bup/bupindex. --exclude=path a path to exclude from the backup (can be used more than once) --exclude-from=filename a file that contains exclude paths (can be used more than once) -v, --verbose increase log output during update (can be used more than once). With one -v, print each directory as it is updated; with two -v, print each file too. EXAMPLE
bup index -vux /etc /var /usr SEE ALSO
bup-save(1), bup-drecurse(1), bup-on(1) BUP
Part of the bup(1) suite. AUTHORS
Avery Pennarun <apenwarr@gmail.com>. Bup unknown- bup-index(1)