Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Copy a file from Linux
Homework and Emergencies Emergency UNIX and Linux Support Copy a file from Linux Post 302439721 by mark54g on Friday 23rd of July 2010 11:26:02 AM
Old 07-23-2010
Since you were given the option of scp, why do you not want to do that? You can use python's built in webserver
Code:
python -m SimpleHTTPServer

when in the directory you wish to share and then you can use wget or a browser to pull the files

However, that seems more complex than just scp. What is your aversion to it?

Last edited by pludi; 07-27-2010 at 03:28 AM..

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Where do I download LINUX & UNIX?

Where can i get a copy of Unix or Linux?

where can i get a free copy of unix? any kind... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: gregtampa
5 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

linux, copy a:\file to /tmp in linux?

hi, i am on linux 8. i wanted to copy a file from my a:\filename to my linux 8 /tmp directroy. how do i do this or any directions as in how to accompilsh. thanks (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: yls177
6 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

command for copy file from CD to Linux box

Hi , I have simple question as i am beginner , I have to copy one file from cd(compact disc) to my linux box on some directory. With which command and how can i do that? Thanks sam71 (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sam70
2 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

copy and paste certain many lines of huge file in linux

Dear All, I am working with windoes OS but remote a linux machine. I wonder the way to copy an paste some part of a huge file in linux machine. the contain of file like as follow: ... dump annealling all custom 10 anneal_*.dat id type x y z q timestep 0.02 run 200000 Memory... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ariesto
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

I want to copy a file from Linux

Hi Experts, I want to copy a file from a Linux machine to another Linux machine or a windows machine shared drive. I mean to say.. cp filename //hostname/shareddrive. I don't want to mount. Is there any way we can do it. Regards Naree Double post. Replies here moved to... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: naree
0 Replies

6. SuSE

I want to copy a file from Linux

Hi Experts, I want to copy a file from a Linux machine to another Linux machine or a windows machine shared drive. I mean to say.. cp filename //hostname/shareddrive. I don't want to mount. Is there any way we can do it. Regards Naree (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: naree
1 Replies

7. IP Networking

Need to copy file from Linux to DOS.

I have two PCs with Ubuntu 10.4 and DOS 5.0, which are connected with a 9 pins serial cable. I need to copy some files from the Linux box to the DOS box. I tried UUCP but it's too difficult and i didn't found a working client for DOS. Can you help me? Thanks for any reply! (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: mghis
10 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to copy the directory but not copy certain file

Hi experts cp bin root src /mnt but not copy bin/bigfile any help? ( I post this thread in the "redhat" forum wrongly, I don't know how to withdraw that question in that wrong forum) Thanks (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: yanglei_fage
6 Replies
IPCHECK(8)						  System Administration Utilities						IPCHECK(8)

NAME
ipcheck - dyndns.org client DESCRIPTION
Usage : ipcheck.py [options] Username Password Hostnames or ipcheck.py [options] --acctfile acct_info_file Options: -a address manually specify the address -r URL NAT router, use web IP detection -A text scan syslog for an IP after text (Unix only) -F filename guess the WAN IP from a firewall log -b backup mx option ON (default OFF) -c custom dns option (default dynamic) -d dir directory for data files (default current) -e script execute script after a successful update -f force update regardless of current state -g NAT router, let dyndns guess your IP (do not use this in a cronjob, try -r) -h print this help text --help print all available help text -i interface interface for local address (default ppp0) -j disable https -l log debugging text to ipcheck.log file --syslog log debugging text to syslog (Unix only) -m mxhost mx host (default NOCHG) -o set dyndns offline mode -p proxy bypass on port 8245 -q quiet mode (unless there is an error) -s static dns option (default dynamic) -t test run, do not send the update -v verbose mode -w wildcard mode ON (default OFF) --makedat create the ipcheck.dat file by dns lookup --devices print router options (Linksys, Netgear, etc) -n ip the router IP address on the internal lan For help with different options: python ipcheck.py -h For supported devices listing : python ipcheck.py --devices For long detailed help text : python ipcheck.py --help Make sure you can write to the current directory for data files and that you always run from the same directory. The first time you run the script, you will be asked to run with the --makedat option in addition to any other options. This will create the data files for the hostnames and options your specify on the command line. You should only do this once. Subsequent runs should be made without the --make- dat option. For help with different options: python ipcheck.py -h For supported devices listing : python ipcheck.py --devices For long detailed help text : python ipcheck.py --help Example 1: the external IP is on eth0 of the current machine python ipcheck.py -l -i eth0 username password hostnames Example 2: you are using the Linksys routing device python ipcheck.py -l -L linksyspassword username password hostnames Example 3: you want to use web based ip detection python ipcheck.py -l -r checkip.dyndns.org:8245 ... where ... is your dyndns username password and hostnames. Hostnames should be comma delimited if there are more than one. Debian GNU/Linux January 2012 IPCHECK(8)