Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: deplace field delimiter
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting deplace field delimiter Post 302439440 by saw7 on Thursday 22nd of July 2010 01:56:14 PM
Old 07-22-2010
Ty scottn works like a gem

Can you explain me your code

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

delete a field along with delimiter in the whole file

I have file with 20 fields and its pipe delimiter. I need to remove the 18th field along with pipe delimiter that seperates 17th and 18th field. In turn that means i want to make it now a file with only 19 fields. Can some body let me know how ican remove the 18th field from the whole file? (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: dsravan
5 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

help with sed to add delimiter and new field to each row

I have a file with millions of rows that I need to add a delimiter and a new field with a zero to the end of each row. (its too big to open and do a find and replace regex) I'm looking for the next line '\n' and need to replace it with a Unit Separator (hex \037) 0 \n. I've tried the... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: kmac
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

delimiter appears in field

The typical line of the input file is as follows, 123|abcde|"xyz|mn"|ghelosa|3455hello| The delimiter is |. I need to change it to another delimiter, say ~. For the above line, the output should be: 123~abcde~xyz|mn~ghelosa~3455hello~ The challenge is when | appears in a field, it... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: derekxu
2 Replies

4. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Printing Field with Delimiter in AWK/cut

Hello, I had posted earlier about printing fields using AWK, but now I have a slightly different problem. I have text files in the format: 1*2,3,4,5 and wish to print the first, third, and fifth fields, including the asterisk and commas. In other words, after filtering it should look... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Jahn
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Add field delimiter for the last field

I have a file with three fields and field delimiter '|' like: abc|12:13:45|123 xyz|12:87:32| qwe|54:21:09 In the file the 1st line has proper data -> abc|12:13:45|123 ,the 2nd line doesnt has data for the 3rd field which is okay , the 3rd line doesnt has data for the 3rd field as well the... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: mehimadri
5 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Problem in extraction when space is a field delimiter

I have more than 1000 files to parse. Each file contains few lines (number of lines varies) followed by a header line having all column's name (SPOT, NAME etc) and then values for those columns. **Example File: sdgafh dfhaadfha sfgaf dhah jkthdj SPOT NAME GENE_NAME CH_MEAN CHDN_MED ... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: AshwaniSharma09
11 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Cut a field from a line having quotes as delimiter

Hi , I have extract a single field from the 2nd row of a file of which the format is as given below "Field1","Field2","Field3",...,"Field17",... I need to cut Field17 as such (no quotes required).. I give the command head -2 file_name | tail -1 | cut -d "," -f17 But the output is... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: nivin_govindan
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk output field delimiter

Dear All, 1.txt (tab in between each value in a line) a b c a b c a c d you can see below, why with ~ i can output with tab, but = cannot? # awk -F'\t' '$2 ~ /b/' 1 a b c a b c # awk -F'\t' '$2 = "b"' 1 a b c a b c a b d ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jimmy_y
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk :how to change delimiter without giving all field name

Hi Experts, i need to change delimiter from tab to "," sample test file cat test A0000368 A29938511 072569352 5 Any 2 for £1.00 BUTCHERS|CAT FOOD|400G Sep 12 2012 12:00AM Jan 5 2014 11:59PM Sep 7 2012 12:00AM M 2.000 group 5 ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Lakshman_Gupta
2 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

How can awk ignore the field delimiter like comma inside a field?

We have a csv file as mentioned below and the requirement is to change the date format in file as mentioned below. Current file (file.csv) ---------------------- empname,date_of_join,dept,date_of_resignation ram,08/09/2015,sales,21/06/2016 "akash,sahu",08/10/2015,IT,21/07/2016 ... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: gopal.biswal
6 Replies
PAPS(1) 						      General Commands Manual							   PAPS(1)

NAME
paps - UTF-8 to PostScript converter using Pango SYNOPSIS
paps [options] files... DESCRIPTION
paps reads a UTF-8 encoded file and generates a PostScript language rendering of the file. The rendering is done by creating outline curves through the pango ft2 backend. OPTIONS
These programs follow the usual GNU command line syntax, with long options starting with two dashes (`-'). A summary of options is included below. --landscape Landscape output. Default is portrait. --columns=cl Number of columns output. Default is 1. Please notice this option isn't related to the terminal length as in a "80 culums terminal". --font=desc Set the font description. Default is Monospace 12. --rtl Do right to left (RTL) layout. --paper ps Choose paper size. Known paper sizes are legal, letter and A4. Default is A4. Postscript points Each postscript point equals to 1/72 of an inch. 36 points are 1/2 of an inch. --bottom-margin=bm Set bottom margin. Default is 36 postscript points. --top-margin=tm Set top margin. Default is 36 postscript points. --left-margin=lm Set left margin. Default is 36 postscript points. --right-margin=rm Set right margin. Default is 36 postscript points. --gutter-width=gw Set gutter width. Default is 40 postscript points. --help Show summary of options. --header Draw page header for each page. --markup Interpret the text as pango markup. --lpi Set the lines per inch. This determines the line spacing. --cpi Set the characters per inch. This is an alternative method of specifying the font size. --stretch-chars Indicates that characters should be stretched in the y-direction to fill up their vertical space. This is similar to the texttops behaviour. AUTHOR
paps was written by Dov Grobgeld <dov.grobgeld@gmail.com>. This manual page was written by Lior Kaplan <kaplan@debian.org>, for the Debian project (but may be used by others). April 17, 2006 PAPS(1)