Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Virtual Servers
Operating Systems Linux Virtual Servers Post 302439361 by bblondin on Thursday 22nd of July 2010 10:14:05 AM
Old 07-22-2010
since you're using RHEL 5, I'd recommend using KVM which is built into RHEL 5+

HOWTO - KVM

7 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Free virtual Servers on Internet

Hi, Are there any free websites providing access (putty or equivalent to run basic commands) to HP-UX OS servers? Please advise. Thanks Prvn (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: prvnrk
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Have to log out of a virtual terminal twice in order to exit virtual terminals

Not really a newbie, but I have a strange problem and I'm not sure how to further troubleshoot it. I have to log out of a virtual terminal by typing exit, then exit again as in: woodnt@toshiba-laptop ~ $ exit logout woodnt@toshiba-laptop ~ $ exit logout I DON'T have to do this when I'm... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Narnie
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Mail/ftp/web servers, on VIRTUAL!! dedicated server. Also resource usage. Centos 5.

Hi. First of all, would 4 or 5 websites, 1 ftp server (when downloading by someone or a few persons or one, concretize) and one mail server (not many emails, just to sound official and have a nice, spam-free email for myself). Websites with not that many, but some, later more visitors, quite... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: newn
0 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Comparing Virtual servers

Hi I need a script to run on a Solaris server to confirm if it is a physical server or a Virtual server please help Mandaken (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: madmacher
0 Replies

5. Solaris

Change hostID of Solaris 10 virtual/guest machine installed by Virtual Box 4.1.12 on Windows-XP host

Trying to set or modify the randomly set hostID of a Solaris 10 virtual/guest machine that I installed on a Windows-XP host machine (using Virtual Box 4.1.12). I was able to set/modify the hostname of the Solaris 10 virtual/guest machine during installation as well as via the Virtual Box... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Matt_VB
4 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Testing servers + clients on virtual environnement

Hello, Can you please suggest how to realise virtualy the test of servers environoment. Need to test: Microsoft Server (AD) + Exchange + Linux Firewall And 2-3 clients with Win7 and Linux Mint. Also need to test: Linux server + Linux email server + Linux Firewall. Can you... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: AQwert
0 Replies

7. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Providing virtual machine priority in kvm based virtual machines

Hi All, Is there any way I can prioritize my VMs when there is resource crunch in host machine so that some VMs will be allocated more vcpu, more memory than other VMs in kvm/qemu hypervisor based virtual machines? Lets say in my cloud environment my Ubuntu 16 compute hosts are running some... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: SanjayK
0 Replies
SLIST(1)							       slist								  SLIST(1)

NAME
slist - Lists available NetWare Servers SYNOPSIS
slist [ pattern ] DESCRIPTION
slist lists all NetWare Servers available in your network. If slist does not print to a tty, the decorative header line is not printed, so that you can count the servers on your network by doing slist | wc -l OPTIONS
pattern pattern is used to list only servers whose names match the specified pattern. For a server to be listed, the pattern must match the full server name. You can use wildcards for the pattern, but you must protect these wildcards from any command line expansion by quoting. Case doesn't matter. EXAMPLE
slist "I*" or slist "i*" List all available Netware servers on your Network, that begin with an "I". SEE ALSO
ncpmount(8), ncpumount(8), pqlist(1), nprint(1) CREDITS
slist was written by Volker Lendecke (lendecke@math.uni-goettingen.de) BUGS
slist works only in IPX environment, as it uses SAP to find first server and then Bindery to get list of servers. slist 01/07/1996 SLIST(1)