Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting I want to copy a file from Linux Post 302439191 by naree on Thursday 22nd of July 2010 04:51:47 AM
Old 07-22-2010
I want to copy a file from Linux

Hi Experts,

I want to copy a file from a Linux machine to another Linux machine or a windows machine shared drive.

I mean to say..

Code:
cp filename //hostname/shareddrive.

I don't want to mount. Is there any way we can do it.

Regards
Naree

Moderator's Comments:
Mod Comment Double post. Replies here moved to https://www.unix.com/emergency-unix-l...ile-linux.html

Last edited by Scott; 07-22-2010 at 06:18 AM.. Reason: code tags, please...

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Where do I download LINUX & UNIX?

Where can i get a copy of Unix or Linux?

where can i get a free copy of unix? any kind... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: gregtampa
5 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

linux, copy a:\file to /tmp in linux?

hi, i am on linux 8. i wanted to copy a file from my a:\filename to my linux 8 /tmp directroy. how do i do this or any directions as in how to accompilsh. thanks (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: yls177
6 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

command for copy file from CD to Linux box

Hi , I have simple question as i am beginner , I have to copy one file from cd(compact disc) to my linux box on some directory. With which command and how can i do that? Thanks sam71 (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sam70
2 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

copy and paste certain many lines of huge file in linux

Dear All, I am working with windoes OS but remote a linux machine. I wonder the way to copy an paste some part of a huge file in linux machine. the contain of file like as follow: ... dump annealling all custom 10 anneal_*.dat id type x y z q timestep 0.02 run 200000 Memory... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ariesto
2 Replies

5. SuSE

I want to copy a file from Linux

Hi Experts, I want to copy a file from a Linux machine to another Linux machine or a windows machine shared drive. I mean to say.. cp filename //hostname/shareddrive. I don't want to mount. Is there any way we can do it. Regards Naree (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: naree
1 Replies

6. IP Networking

Need to copy file from Linux to DOS.

I have two PCs with Ubuntu 10.4 and DOS 5.0, which are connected with a 9 pins serial cable. I need to copy some files from the Linux box to the DOS box. I tried UUCP but it's too difficult and i didn't found a working client for DOS. Can you help me? Thanks for any reply! (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: mghis
10 Replies

7. Emergency UNIX and Linux Support

Copy a file from Linux

Hi Experts, I want to copy a file from a Linux machine to another Linux machine or a windows machine shared drive. I mean to say.. cp filename //hostname/shareddrive I don't want to mount. Is there any way we can do it. Regards Naree (34 Replies)
Discussion started by: naree
34 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to copy the directory but not copy certain file

Hi experts cp bin root src /mnt but not copy bin/bigfile any help? ( I post this thread in the "redhat" forum wrongly, I don't know how to withdraw that question in that wrong forum) Thanks (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: yanglei_fage
6 Replies
LINPROCFS(5)						      BSD File Formats Manual						      LINPROCFS(5)

NAME
linprocfs -- Linux process file system SYNOPSIS
linproc /compat/linux/proc linprocfs rw 0 0 DESCRIPTION
The Linux process file system, or linprocfs, emulates a subset of Linux' process file system and is required for the complete operation of some Linux binaries. The linprocfs provides a two-level view of process space. At the highest level, processes themselves are named, according to their process ids in decimal, with no leading zeros. There is also a special node called self which always refers to the process making the lookup request. Each node is a directory containing several files: exe A reference to the vnode from which the process text was read. This can be used to gain access to the process' symbol table, or to start another copy of the process. mem The complete virtual memory image of the process. Only those addresses which exist in the process can be accessed. Reads and writes to this file modify the process. Writes to the text segment remain private to the process. Each node is owned by the process's user, and belongs to that user's primary group, except for the mem node, which belongs to the kmem group. FILES
/compat/linux/proc The normal mount point for the linprocfs. /compat/linux/proc/cpuinfo CPU vendor and model information in human-readable form. /compat/linux/proc/meminfo System memory information in human-readable form. /compat/linux/proc/pid A directory containing process information for process pid. /compat/linux/proc/self A directory containing process information for the current process. /compat/linux/proc/self/exe The executable image for the current process. /compat/linux/proc/self/mem The complete virtual address space of the current process. EXAMPLES
To mount a linprocfs file system on /compat/linux/proc: mount -t linprocfs linproc /compat/linux/proc SEE ALSO
mount(2), unmount(2), procfs(5), pseudofs(9) HISTORY
The linprocfs first appeared in FreeBSD 4.0. AUTHORS
The linprocfs was derived from procfs by Pierre Beyssac. This manual page was written by Dag-Erling Smorgrav, based on the procfs(5) manual page by Garrett Wollman. BSD
August 10, 1994 BSD