Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting help for a script to increment time in hh:mm:ss format Post 302439188 by hitha87 on Thursday 22nd of July 2010 04:44:05 AM
Old 07-22-2010
help for a script to increment time in hh:mm:ss format

hi all,

I need help for incrementing time in hh:mm:ss format like for example :
when i have a values like 02:07:16 I want to increment this value with 5 secs till it reaches a condition.
Can someone help me with this.
Thanks in advance.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Date increment in the format "YYYYMMDD"

Hi all, I want to increment the date which is in the format "YYYYMMDD". ex: If the date is 20010601 Increment should be: 20010602, 20010603 etc., Any help will be much appreciated. Many Thanks and Regards, Ganapati (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: ganapati
4 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Convert Epoch time format to normal date time format in the same file

I have a file named "suspected" with series of line like these : {'protocol': 17, 'service': 'BitTorrent KRPC', 'server': '219.78.120.166', 'client_port': 52044, 'client': '10.64.68.44', 'server_port': 8291, 'time': 1226506312L, 'serverhostname': ''} {'protocol': 17, 'service': 'BitTorrent... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: rk4k
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Different time format in script, started in shell or in cron

I try to write a python script, which analyze user logon time with "who" command. When i start script in bash, i get this result: USER=mnadmin tty7 2009-04-18 11:37 (:0) But when i start script in cron, i get result like this: USER=mnadmin tty7 Apr 18 11:37 (:0) I see -... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: jrush
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to increment a user defined date value in the DATE format itself using shell script?

I need to increment a date value through shell script. Input value consist of start date and end date in DATE format of unix. For eg. I need increment a date value of 1/1/09 to 31/12/09 i.e for a whole yr. The output must look like 1/1/09 2/2/09 . . . 31/1/09 . . 1/2/09 . 28/2/09... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sunil087
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Increment Date in a Specific Format

Hi, This may sound a Basic, but please help I Hava a date in the Given Format yyyy_mm_dd Start_date=2008_07_09 (This is a Fixed Date) I need to Increment this Date in a For loop until it equals Current Date For(Start_date<Current_date) xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: dsshishya
0 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to increment date using "for loop" in format MMDDYY inside the shell script?

Need to increment the date from "currentdate + 90days" inside the for loop (i=1 to i=50) (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: aroragaurav.84
5 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Increment time stamps.

Hi Gents. Please can you help me to solve a problem. I have a long list of files, which I need to change the time stamp. -r--r--r-- 1 geo2 geovect 47096216 Feb 8 10:40 00000009.segd -r--r--r-- 1 geo2 geovect 47096216 Feb 8 10:40 00000010.segd -r--r--r-- 1 geo2 geovect 47096216 Feb ... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: jiam912
11 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Increment time

I have to increment time ... by sec but i am getting the output like this. for m in {2..3} > do > for (( i = 1; i <= 13; i++ )) > do > echo "$m:$i" > done > done 2:1 2:2 2:3 2:4 2:5 2:6 2:7 2:8 (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: kalyankalyan
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Change the date and time format in UNIX script.

Hi, I am extracting a date string from the source file like this : 06/05/2014 16:04:00 I want to change it to 05-JUN-14 04.05.00.000000000 PM I basically store the date in a variable. I got solutions to change date in dd-mmm-yyyy format using tr but I guess it works only with the "date"... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: Varshha
8 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Calculate Time diff in milli milliseconds(Time format : HH:MM:SS,NNN)

Hi All, I have one file which contains time for request and response. I want to calculate time difference in milliseconds for each line. This file can contain 10K lines. Sample file with 4 lines. for first line. Request Time: 15:23:45,255 Response Time: 15:23:45,258 Time diff... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Raza Ali
6 Replies
volcheck(1)							   User Commands						       volcheck(1)

NAME
volcheck - checks for media in a drive and by default checks all floppy media SYNOPSIS
volcheck [-v] [-i secs] [-t secs] pathname DESCRIPTION
The volcheck utility tells Volume Management to look at each dev/pathname in sequence and determine if new media has been inserted in the drive. The default action is to volcheck all checkable media managed by volume management. OPTIONS
The following options are supported: -i secs Set the frequency of device checking to secs seconds. The default is 2 seconds. The minimum frequency is 1 second. -t secs Check the named device(s) for the next secs seconds. The maximum number of seconds allowed is 28800, which is 8 hours. The fre- quency of checking is specified by -i. There is no default total time. -v Verbose. OPERANDS
The following operands are supported: pathname The path name of a media device. EXAMPLES
Example 1: A sample of the volcheck command. The following example example% volcheck -v /dev/diskette /dev/diskette has media asks Volume Management to examine the floppy drive for new media. The following example example% volcheck -i 2 -t 600 /dev/diskette1 & asks Volume Management if there is a floppy in the floppy drive every 2 seconds for 600 seconds (10 minutes). FILES
/dev/volctl Volume Management control port ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWvolu | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
eject(1), volcancel(1), volmissing(1) rmmount(1M), vold(1M), rmmount.conf(4), vold.conf(4), attributes(5), volfs(7FS) WARNINGS
Due to a hardware limitation in many floppy drives, the act of checking for media causes mechanical action in the floppy drive. Continu- ous polling of the floppy drive will cause the drive to wear out. It is recommended that polling the drive only be performed during periods of high use. SunOS 5.10 21 Feb 1997 volcheck(1)