Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Accessing UNIX hosted web site remotely Post 302439022 by campbellg on Thursday 22nd of July 2010 11:26:47 AM
Old 07-22-2010
Thanks-

I've requested access to the applicable port, I can telnet to it internally, not externally...

i'll let you know how it goes... fingers crossed.

---------- Post updated 22-07-10 at 04:26 PM ---------- Previous update was 21-07-10 at 05:15 PM ----------

I've been given access to the Oracle Database Control port and can now browse to the site from the external IP.

Many thanks to those who provided input! Smilie

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

Writing a .NET service to be Hosted in UNIX

Has anyone here written an MS compatible .NET service that is hosted and served from a UNIX server instead of a W2K server? I love programming and writing .NET services with Visual Studio.NET and C#, but there is a fundamental problem --the Win2k server itself. It is not near as reliable as Sun... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: yeslekmc
0 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Web site mirroring

I have a unix server running RedHat Linux 9.0. I want to mirror my site on a different server with the same configuration so if the main server goes down, the other server will take over. How is this best accomplished? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: wvmlt
1 Replies

3. IP Networking

Accessing a FTP Server hosted on Linux

We have set-up a FTP server on a Linux machine, which sits behind a firewall. Most users outside our firewall can access it, but one user in particular cannot. I assume it has something to do with their firewall rules. It appears that they can connect with no problem but the server does not grant... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Breen
1 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Accessing Web Page

Hello, I am new to unix, but wanted to know how can we fetch data from a web page (i.e. an HTML Page), my requirement is to read an html page and wanted to create a flat file (text file) based on the contents available in the mentioned HTML page. Thanks Imtiaz (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Imtiaz
3 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Remotely accessing a server

Ok, so I'm a total beginner when it come to unix shells, but my friends and I are starting to get into it. It turns out that I have an extra computer lying around and I want to set it up as a server se we can run shell commands on it. Does anyone know of any guides on how to set up the... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: rogre
3 Replies

6. IP Networking

Unable to access web application hosted in same network

All, I have various web applications hosted in a client network. These web apps are accessed through a Apache web server. We have deployed a new web application server and it is not serviced through the Apache web server. So i am unable to access this applications. But i am able to access... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: vel4ever
3 Replies

7. Post Here to Contact Site Administrators and Moderators

Regarding facing issues while accessing UNIX.com site

Hello Moderators/Admins, This is regarding an issue which I am facing from last 7 to 8 days. Issue is while trying to access this forum(simple hitting http://unix.com) I am able to login but many times my request gets timed out or 404 error or if I am able to login it will be excessive slow even... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: RavinderSingh13
0 Replies

8. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Remoute hosted UNIX/Linux Machine Free

Hi Comrades, I am interested if there is the global internet network I can find free access to the Linux or unix server to create the own account to have some practice. Thanks a lot for your advice and comments. BR, Dembi (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Dembi
2 Replies

9. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Accessing REST Web Service

Hello: I have created a REST service that is currently running on a Unix server. I issued a cURL command to call the REST service and verified it's working as designed; curl --request POST command and the url I used to test it is localhost:8090/someservice/somename. I have a teammate who now... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: asthern14
6 Replies
DBIx::SearchBuilder::Handle::Oracle(3pm)		User Contributed Perl Documentation		  DBIx::SearchBuilder::Handle::Oracle(3pm)

NAME
DBIx::SearchBuilder::Handle::Oracle - An oracle specific Handle object SYNOPSIS
DESCRIPTION
This module provides a subclass of DBIx::SearchBuilder::Handle that compensates for some of the idiosyncrasies of Oracle. METHODS
Connect PARAMHASH: Driver, Database, Host, User, Password Takes a paramhash and connects to your DBI datasource. BuildDSN Customized version of "BuildDSN" in DBIx::SearchBuilder::Handle method. Takes additional argument SID. Database argument used unless SID provided. Two forms of DSN are generated depending on whether Host defined or not: dbi:Oracle:sid=<SID>;host=...[;port=...] dbi:Oracle:<SID> Read details in documentation for DBD::Oracle module. Insert Takes a table name as the first argument and assumes that the rest of the arguments are an array of key-value pairs to be inserted. InsertFromSelect Customization of "InsertFromSelect" in DBIx::SearchBuilder::Handle. Unlike other DBs Oracle needs: o id generated from sequences for every new record. o query wrapping in parens. NOTE that on Oracle there is a limitation on the query. Every column in the result should have unique name or alias, for example the following query would generate "ORA-00918: column ambiguously defined" error: SELECT g.id, u.id FROM ... Solve with aliases: SELECT g.id AS group_id, u.id AS user_id FROM ... KnowsBLOBs Returns 1 if the current database supports inserts of BLOBs automatically. Returns undef if the current database must be informed of BLOBs for inserts. BLOBParams FIELD_NAME FIELD_TYPE Returns a hash ref for the bind_param call to identify BLOB types used by the current database for a particular column type. The current Oracle implementation only supports ORA_CLOB types(112). ApplyLimits STATEMENTREF ROWS_PER_PAGE FIRST_ROW takes an SQL SELECT statement and massages it to return ROWS_PER_PAGE starting with FIRST_ROW; DistinctQuery STATEMENTREF takes an incomplete SQL SELECT statement and massages it to return a DISTINCT result set. BinarySafeBLOBs Return undef, as Oracle doesn't support binary-safe CLOBS DatabaseVersion Returns value of ORA_OCI constant, see "Constants" in DBI. SimpleDateTimeFunctions Returns hash reference with specific date time functions of this database for "DateTimeFunction" in DBIx::SearchBuilder::Handle. ConvertTimezoneFunction Custom implementation of "ConvertTimezoneFunction" in DBIx::SearchBuilder::Handle. Use the following query to get list of timezones: SELECT tzname FROM v$timezone_names; Read Oracle's docs about timezone files: http://download.oracle.com/docs/cd/B14117_01/server.101/b10749/ch4datetime.htm#i1006667 AUTHOR
Jesse Vincent, jesse@fsck.com SEE ALSO
perl(1), DBIx::SearchBuilder perl v5.14.2 2011-09-21 DBIx::SearchBuilder::Handle::Oracle(3pm)