Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: need more user signal
Top Forums UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users need more user signal Post 302438548 by naamabm on Tuesday 20th of July 2010 05:17:47 AM
Old 07-20-2010
need more user signal

Hi

In my program I have already used both SIGUSR1 SIGUSR2 user signals.
I need another one.
How can I do that?

Thank you
Naama

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Signal Processing

Hello, Can any body give example of using Unix Signals. What I want to do is I am running a sql query in a shell script I want, if sql query exceed the defined no. of seconds limit, then I would like to kill the process. I know this can be done thru Unix Signal Handling but I do not know... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: sanjay92
8 Replies

2. AIX

User defined signal 1

Hi, I am just running a incremental back-up on one of my server. But these days It abrubtly fails with below error. ========== User defined signal 1 =========== When I rerun the back-up, It completed successfully.Earlier this was not happening. Any Idea, what could be the problem... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: nitesh_raj
0 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

signal script?

I have a script which invoke a java program, because the program requires file as input, hence the script would sleep a X seconds then check for file existence, if the file exists then program is invoker else, keep waiting until the time is up. My problem is that if there is a way to find out if my... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mpang_
1 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

trap signal on user logout ?

hi all , I want to execute a script on the user logout(using gnome environment). Is ther any way to execute it through TRAP stmt? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: harsha10
2 Replies

5. Programming

Signal catching

Hi! I want to catch all signals that my program receives print their name and then execute the default handler. Can you help me on that? I've tried the following code: #include <stdio.h> #include <unistd.h> #include <signal.h> void (*hnd)(int i); char signals = { "SIGHUP",... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: dark_knight
7 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Killed by signal 15.

Hi all I have Master script, Main script ,and 4 Child script. Master.sh #!/bin/bash /export/home/user/Main.shMain.sh #!/bin/bash /export/home/user/Child1.sh & /export/home/user/Child2.sh & /export/home/user/Child3.sh & /export/home/user/Child4.sh &I run only Master.sh script... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: almanto
1 Replies

7. Programming

Signal processing

We have written a deamon which have many threads. We are registering for the SIGTERM and trying to close main thread in this signal handling. Actually these are running on Mac OS X ( BSD unix). When we are unloading the deamon with command launchctl, it's sending SIGTERM signal to our process... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Akshay4u
1 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

signal() and sigsetjmp()

Hi, I am basically new to signals in UNIX. My question is, should the signal() command be called only once in the program? What will happen if it's called multiple times? I am trying to write an alarm program where the signal handler function changes in runtime. It just doesn't work if I... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: bashdrew
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Tricky little problem, send signal to other machine without user

Hi everyone! I want to be able to send a signal to another machine on the same network, and have it trigger a script on that machine. Here's the reason why I can't just ssh: I don't have a username on that machine, but there is a user that is always logged on that I can do stuff on. So, I want... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: declannalced
5 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Case signal

Task 1: #!/bin/ksh if then echo "Usage : $0 Signalnumber PID" exit fi case "$1" in 1) echo "Sending SIGHUP signal" kill -SIGHUP $2 ;; 2) echo "Sending SIGINT signal" kill -SIGINT $2 ;; 3) echo "Sending SIGQUIT signal" kill -SIGQUIT $2 (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Ramesh M
3 Replies
pthread_kill(3) 					     Library Functions Manual						   pthread_kill(3)

NAME
pthread_kill - Delivers a signal to a specified thread. (This routine is available only on a UNIX system.) LIBRARY
DECthreads POSIX 1003.1c Library (libpthread.so) SYNOPSIS
#include <pthread.h> #include <signal.h> int pthread_kill( pthread_t thread, int sig); STANDARDS
Interfaces documented on this reference page conform to industry standards as follows: IEEE Std 1003.1c-1995, POSIX System Application Program Interface PARAMETERS
Thread to receive a signal request. A signal request. DESCRIPTION
This routine sends a signal to the specified target thread thread. Any signal defined to stop, continue, or terminate will stop or termi- nate the process, even though it can be handled by the thread. For example, SIGTERM terminates all threads in the process, even though it can be handled by the target thread. Specifying a sig argument of zero (0) causes this routine to validate the thread argument but not to deliver any signal. The name of the "kill" routine is sometimes misleading, because many signals do not terminate a thread. The various signals are as follows: SIGHUP, SIGPIPE, SIGTTIN SIGINT, SIGALRM, SIGTTOU SIGQUIT, SIGTERM, SIGIO SIGTRAP, SIGUSR1, SIGXCPU SIGABRT, SIGSYS, SIGXFSZ SIGEMT, SIGURG, SIGVTALRM SIGFPE, SIGSTOP, SIGPROF SIGKILL, SIGTSTP, SIGINFO SIGBUS, SIGCONT, SIGUSR1 SIGSEGV, SIGCHLD, SIGUSR2 If this routine does not execute successfully, no signal is sent. RETURN VALUES
If an error condition occurs, this routine returns an integer value indicating the type of error. Possible return values are as follows: Successful completion. The value of sig is invalid or unsupported signal value. The value of thread does not specify an existing thread. ERRORS
None RELATED INFORMATION
Manuals: Guide to DECthreads and Programmer's Guide delim off pthread_kill(3)