Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: User creation
Operating Systems AIX User creation Post 302438461 by udtyuvaraj on Monday 19th of July 2010 09:42:07 PM
Old 07-19-2010
if you want to create a user with out password, then change the flag =ADMCHG to flag=""..... in /etc/security/password

try this... and tell me..

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

user creation problem

hello, Actually I want to create a user for our brower based custom application for the mail access from our mailserver(linux). I create user dummy and I granted all the privileages to dummy user and made dummy equivelent to root and if I tried to create a another user logging as dummy ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jarkvarma
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

user creation privileage

hello, How do I assign a user to create users other than root in linux . I want to create a users from other user. bye varma (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: jarkvarma
4 Replies

3. Solaris

User creation

Hi all, I want to create one user with full permissions to one directory called /opt/tivoli/tsm/client/ba/bin. Name for the user Tivoli Thanks & Regards Babu (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: lbreddy
7 Replies

4. Solaris

User Creation

i am trying to create a user on solaris 10. it is not taking user name with more than ten characters. which file i need to edit to do this setting. (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: raynu.sharma
4 Replies

5. Red Hat

User creation

Hi Thanks in advance. How to create a user without useradd command ?? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: krish4linux
1 Replies

6. Solaris

Need help with user creation

Hello guys, i have a problem where i cant create a user and here some problem that i encounter. 1. /etc/passwd seems locked. 2. getting this error UX: useradd: ERROR: Cannot update system files - login cannot be created. # useradd -u 47367 -g 1084 -c "user123" -d /local/home/user123 -s... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: brew
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

User creation script

Hi Gems.. I am working out on project of creating a mass user on 100 server. Please help me with script where i can create an user id of new 80 user using shell script Thanks in advance. Indrajit Bhagat (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: indrajit_renu
1 Replies

8. Solaris

NIS user creation

Hi can anyone help me how to create a NIS user by editing the files like Passwd,group, Netgroup,auto.home and Aliases using the "enis" utility? Please do the needful................................ (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Revathi@1
4 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

User creation - query

Hi, I want to create a user using useradd -m test. How can I restric the user not to change his directory from his home dir? Thanks, Suresh (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: suresh3566
2 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Automatic User Creation

Hello everybody, I'm new to sh scripting and relatively new to linux in general which is why I've come here for assistance. I have been attempting to make a shell script which automatically creates user accounts from a file list and further creating directories and moving files into it etc.... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: charlieabee
3 Replies
ADDING_USER(8)						    BSD System Manager's Manual 					    ADDING_USER(8)

NAME
adding_user -- procedure for adding new users DESCRIPTION
A new user must choose a login name, which must not already appear in /etc/passwd or /etc/mail/aliases. It must also not begin with the hyphen '-' character. It is strongly recommended that it be all lower-case, and not contain the dot '.' character, as that tends to confuse mailers. An account can be added by editing a line into the passwd file; this must be done with the password file locked e.g. by using chpass(1) or vipw(8). A new user is given a group and user id. Login and user id's should be unique across the system, and often across a group of systems, since they are used to control file access. Typically, users working on similar projects will be put in the same groups. At the University of California, Berkeley, we have groups for system staff, faculty, graduate students, and special groups for large projects. A skeletal account for a new user ``ernie'' might look like: ernie::25:30::0:0:Ernie Kovacs,508 Evans Hall,x7925, 642-8202:/a/users/ernie:/bin/csh For a description of each of these fields, see passwd(5). It is useful to give new users some help in getting started, supplying them with a few skeletal files such as .profile if they use /bin/sh, or .cshrc and .login if they use /bin/csh. The directory /usr/share/skel contains skeletal definitions of such files. New users should be given copies of these files which, for instance, use tset(1) automatically at each login. FILES
/etc/master.passwd user database /usr/share/skel skeletal login directory SEE ALSO
chpass(1), finger(1), passwd(1), aliases(5), passwd(5), adduser(8), pwd_mkdb(8), vipw(8) BSD
January 30, 2009 BSD