Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting what does the below mentioned command do? Post 302438207 by binnyshah on Monday 19th of July 2010 05:42:03 AM
Old 07-19-2010
what does the below mentioned command do?

Hi,
Can someone please help as to what does the below mentioned command do?

Code:
root=$(echo $0|sed 's#extras/package/win32/configure-msys.sh##')./

here,when I simply echo $0 i get
Code:
 ..\..\..\..\..\..\msys\1.0\home\admin\vlc\extras\package\win32\configure-msys.sh

Last edited by Scott; 07-19-2010 at 07:31 AM.. Reason: Code tags

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Not able to make the file size 0 with the mentioned script

#!/bin/sh ########################################################################################################## #This script is being used for AOK application for cleaning up the .out files and zip it under logs directory. # IBM # Created #For pdocap201/pdoca202 .out files for AOK #1.... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: mridul10_crj
3 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to write a script for the below mentioned issue

hello Forum members, I have a encrypted file which consist Unames and Pwd in the encrypted form and i have to write a script the PWD from the file and redirect into a log file.please find below the file and please help write a script. _config.id_dbs is the file which will open with a... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: rajkumar_g
0 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Request to check:remove entries with N/A mentioned

Hi I have a file with following entries 122 N/A 123 5654656 123423 43534543 4544 45435 435454 N/A i Have to remove entries with N/A so that only 123 5654656 123423 43534543 4544 45435 remain in output file can anybody guide for a code/unix/perl (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: manigrover
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Count and separate entries with N/A mentioned in front

Hi all, I have afile with following data I want to separate, count the entries with N/A in front of it so I will have all the entries with N/A in front seprate file . so output shuld be (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: manigrover
7 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to write bash shell script for mentioned requirement?

Hi All, I am unable to write the script for the below requirement. Requirement: Main table dir_ancillary table contain three column "dir_ancillary.table_name"," dir_ancillary.text_file_name ", "dir_ancillary.Include" . This dir_ancillary contain undefined tables in the column... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Vineeta Nigam
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need the output in the mentioned Table format

Hi Friends, I have the script output like below: Script Output: ----------------------------------------------------------------------- Details of the Client: ----------------------- name: server1; save set: All; ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: akmani
3 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to modify the file mentioned in the Message details ?

i have a below file state : CONNECTED ; state : CONNECTED ; state : CONNECTED ; Rno : 5554f1d2-6f1b Rno : 10587563-4181 Rno : be6312f7-b4df the entire content in the fileis obtained by making two seperate Curl calls( one curl call gives me state when i grep the... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Vaibhav H
3 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Grep for string, but within mentioned bounds

Hi, I've been trying to filter a file which has several repetitions of lines which looks as follows: ('hello My name is jamie blabla xyz>>) Each line has different values in them. I want grep or awk or sed to treat everything within the (' and >>) as one line and then filter for a... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: jamie_123
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Grep for all ip addresses mentioned in all files in a Directory

I wish to traverse all files and folders under a given directory say "/tmp/configuration" and for all ip address mentioned therein. I tried find ./ -type f | xargs grep "*.*.*.*" but it does not populated the correct results. Can you please suggest. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mohtashims
1 Replies
PAPS(1) 						      General Commands Manual							   PAPS(1)

NAME
paps - UTF-8 to PostScript converter using Pango SYNOPSIS
paps [options] files... DESCRIPTION
paps reads a UTF-8 encoded file and generates a PostScript language rendering of the file. The rendering is done by creating outline curves through the pango ft2 backend. OPTIONS
These programs follow the usual GNU command line syntax, with long options starting with two dashes (`-'). A summary of options is included below. --landscape Landscape output. Default is portrait. --columns=cl Number of columns output. Default is 1. --font=desc Set the font description. Default is Monospace 12. --rtl Do rtl layout. --paper ps Choose paper size. Known paper sizes are legal, letter, a4. Default is A4. --bottom-margin=bm Set bottom margin in postscript points (1/72 inch). Default is 36. --top-margin=tm Set top margin. Default is 36. --left-margin=lm Set left margin. Default is 36. --right-margin=rm Set right margin. Default is 36. --help Show summary of options. --header Draw page header for each page. --markup Interpret the text as pango markup. --encoding=ENCODING Assume the documentation encoding is ENCODING. --lpi Set the lines per inch. This determines the line spacing. --cpi Set the characters per inch. This is an alternative method of specifying the font size. --stretch-chars Indicates that characters should be stretched in the y-direction to fill up their vertical space. This is similar to the texttops behaviour. AUTHOR
paps was written by Dov Grobgeld <dov.grobgeld@gmail.com>. This manual page was written by Lior Kaplan <kaplan@debian.org>, for the Debian project (but may be used by others). April 17, 2006 PAPS(1)