Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Edit date entry inside a file Post 302438168 by achillesxv on Monday 19th of July 2010 03:45:21 AM
Old 07-19-2010
Bug

Thanks guys for your response. This works. Smilie

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX and Linux Applications

Edit/update an /etc/group database entry (c/c++)

Hello I'm writing a program for managing accounts and groups in a linux system. My problem is how to update the members of a group in the /etc/group file,if i have to add/remove those members. total 3 variables for adding some new members to the group : char **oldmembers=grp->gr_mem; ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mekos
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Edit entry if not equal

Ok here's the scenario, i have a ll.conf file and masterlist. #cat ll.conf 123456 banner 1234 abcdefghi #cat masterlist abcdefghi banner 123456789 what script to change ll.conf banner 123456789 from banner 1234 if they are not equal. the final output will looks like this. #cat... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: kenshinhimura
4 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

shell script to edit file and delete entry

Can anyone provide me a shell script to edit a xml file and delete one entry. To do manually i can edit(vi editor) the file and 'dd' will delete the file.But I wiluld to know if I can do with a script. Thanks in advance Tannu (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: tannu
6 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to insert the entry inside the line

Hi I have a file which contains entry similar to this one: PX_LIST="2259 2215 270 2635 2874 2713 243 4124 2529 2874 34 477 " Is there a efficient(short) way to use "awk" or "sed" to enter any number, lets say 7777, as the first number inside the quotes, so the result would look like this:... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: aoussenko
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

convert date inside a file

Hi guys I've got a file with this line inside. 200,2010,318,1000,4.377,70.9,.835,.592,.243,-.438,0,881 The line always begins with number 100 or number 200, follow the year, the day in the year, the hour, and other stuff Here, the important fields are, 2, 3 and 4. -Filed 2 --> year... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: iga3725
4 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to edit file to have one line entry?

Hello All, My file content is: DROP TABLE "FACT_WORLD"; CREATE TABLE "FACT_WORLD" ( "AR_ID" INTEGER NOT NULL, "ORG_ID" INTEGER NOT NULL ) DATA CAPTURE NONE COMPRESS YES; I want to change this file to have entries in one... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: akash2508
6 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

ksh compare dates INSIDE a file (ie date A is > date B)

In KSH, I am pasting 2 almost identical files together and each one has a date and time on each line. I need to determine if the first instance of the date/time is greater than the 2nd instance of the date/time. If the first instance is greater, I just need to echo that line. I thought I would... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: right_coaster
4 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Searching for unknown date inside the file and replace to new date

Hello, Iam a newbies to Shell scripting. Iam trying to replace the date inside the file to new date. is there anyway that we can just use the pattern to search as "..." I have many files want to replace with the same date, and each file contains different date. Thanks for your help. ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Daro
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to find the Missing date inside the FILE?

Hi am using Unix AIX Ksh have a FILE CAT FILE 08/02/2013 16/02/2013 18/02/2013 I need the Outputs as Missing date are 09/02/2013 to 15/02/2013,17/02/2013 can anyone help me !!! (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Venkatesh1
1 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Searching a file inside a .tar.gz file by date

Hi, I would like to ask if there is a way to search for a file inside a .tar.gz file without extracting it? If there is, is there a way to search for that file by date? Thanks! (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: erin00
4 Replies
rdate(1M)						  System Administration Commands						 rdate(1M)

NAME
rdate - set system date from a remote host SYNOPSIS
rdate hostname DESCRIPTION
rdate sets the local date and time from the hostname given as an argument. You must have the authorization solaris.system.date on the local system. Typically, rdate is used in a startup script. The inetd daemon responds to rdate requests. To enable inetd response, the lines invoking the time command in inetd.conf must not be com- mented out. USAGE
The rdate command is IPv6-enabled. See ip6(7P). ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWrcmdc | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
inetd(1M), inetd.conf(4), attributes(5), ip6(7P) SunOS 5.10 15 Feb 2001 rdate(1M)