Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting strike last part from list of files Post 302438137 by maverick_here on Monday 19th of July 2010 02:39:56 AM
Old 07-19-2010
using while

Hi,

Can also be done as follows

cat fil1 |while read in; do var=`dirname $in`;echo $var; done >> fil2 where fil1 is a file comprising of following

Code:
/home/abc/x/23344.php
/home/axx/zz/ddddd/abc/7asda/2434.php
/home/zzz/7x/y/114.php
/home/assssc/x/yasyday/23664.php

and fil2 is your output file

Last edited by maverick_here; 07-19-2010 at 03:41 AM.. Reason: code section

7 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

script on strike?

dear sages, please tell me what's wrong with the following script: #!/bin/sh #usage yd2ymd 1998213 # if there is no command line argument, assume one is being # piped in and read it if then read dt else dt=$1 fi #... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: serguey
6 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

read a part of filename from the list in the script

how can i read a part of filename from the list in the script? all file in directory...will start with "CDBACKUPFILE" then the name is stored in list.txt such as JOHN,MARRY,PETER. After this, is seq number. CDBACKUPFILEJOHN00001 CDBACKUPFILEMARRY00004 CDBACKUPFILEPETER00003 I will use:... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: happyv
3 Replies

3. SuSE

Lord of the Rings and Counter Strike on OpenSUSE 11.1

is it possible to get Lord of the Rings Battle for Middle Earth 2 and Counter Strike working on OpenSUSE 11.1? i'm dual booting SUSE with XP but if i can get those games working then there is no need for Windows. Thanks (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: brendanb
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Validate if string part of a list

I have this requirement of validating input from user to be one of a list of strings. I validate it as below. case $1 in Jan) ;; Feb) ;; . . . Dec) ;; *) echo "Invalid input. Should be one of the following." echo "Jan Feb Mar Apr May Jun Jul Aug Sep Oct Nov... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: krishmaths
8 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

A simpler way to do this (save a list of files based on part of their name)

Hello, I have a script that checks every file with a specific extension in a specific directory. The file names contain some numerical output and I am recording the file names with the best n outcomes. The script finds all files in the directory with the extension .out.txt and uses awk to... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: LMHmedchem
12 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Unzip all the files with subdirectories present and append a part of string from the main .zip files

Hi frnds, My requirement is I have a zip file with name say eg: test_ABC_UH_ccde2a_awdeaea_20150422.zip within that there are subdirectories on each directory we again have .zip files and in that we have files like mama20150422.gz and so on. Iam in need of a bash script so that it unzips... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Ravi Kishore
0 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Display the last part of a number list

Hi , i have a file wich have 50+ of numbers like : 0.014544106 0.005464263 0.014526045 0.005484374 0.014539412 0.005467600 0.014558349 0.005452185 i would like to display the list from the 6th bit to the end for example 0.005452185 (should become) 2185. I've tried with ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Board27
4 Replies
Locale::Codes::LangFam(3pm)				 Perl Programmers Reference Guide			       Locale::Codes::LangFam(3pm)

NAME
Locale::Codes::LangFam - standard codes for language extension identification SYNOPSIS
use Locale::Codes::LangFam; $lext = code2langfam('apa'); # $lext gets 'Apache languages' $code = langfam2code('Apache languages'); # $code gets 'apa' @codes = all_langfam_codes(); @names = all_langfam_names(); DESCRIPTION
The "Locale::Codes::LangFam" module provides access to standard codes used for identifying language families, such as those as defined in ISO 639-5. Most of the routines take an optional additional argument which specifies the code set to use. If not specified, the default ISO 639-5 language family codes will be used. SUPPORTED CODE SETS
There are several different code sets you can use for identifying language families. A code set may be specified using either a name, or a constant that is automatically exported by this module. For example, the two are equivalent: $lext = code2langfam('apa','alpha'); $lext = code2langfam('apa',LOCALE_LANGFAM_ALPHA); The codesets currently supported are: alpha This is the set of three-letter (lowercase) codes from ISO 639-5 such as 'apa' for Apache languages. This is the default code set. ROUTINES
code2langfam ( CODE [,CODESET] ) langfam2code ( NAME [,CODESET] ) langfam_code2code ( CODE ,CODESET ,CODESET2 ) all_langfam_codes ( [CODESET] ) all_langfam_names ( [CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::rename_langfam ( CODE ,NEW_NAME [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::add_langfam ( CODE ,NAME [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::delete_langfam ( CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::add_langfam_alias ( NAME ,NEW_NAME ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::delete_langfam_alias ( NAME ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::rename_langfam_code ( CODE ,NEW_CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::add_langfam_code_alias ( CODE ,NEW_CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::delete_langfam_code_alias ( CODE [,CODESET] ) These routines are all documented in the Locale::Codes::API man page. SEE ALSO
Locale::Codes The Locale-Codes distribution. Locale::Codes::API The list of functions supported by this module. http://www.loc.gov/standards/iso639-5/id.php ISO 639-5 . AUTHOR
See Locale::Codes for full author history. Currently maintained by Sullivan Beck (sbeck@cpan.org). COPYRIGHT
Copyright (c) 2011-2013 Sullivan Beck This module is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. perl v5.18.2 2013-11-04 Locale::Codes::LangFam(3pm)