Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Shell script to use the last modified filename in a variable Post 302438097 by Scott on Sunday 18th of July 2010 02:42:17 PM
Old 07-18-2010
Code:
filename=$(ls -t t_* | head -1)

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to send filename as variable in a shell script

Can we can pass the filename as variable in the shell script. Sending the filename as a parameter file, the shell script takes the filename, needs to replace the string containing the filename with the variable in the shell script. EX: test1.sh is the shell script and takes file1.csv as... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: gthokala9
6 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell script to find out 2 last modified files in a folder..PLZ HELP!!!!!!!!!

hi all, I need to find out the last 2 modified files in a folder.There is some way by which,we can check the timestamp and find out..??please help this is urgent. Thanks in Advance Anju (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: anju
3 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Find and store files based on FileName and Modified Time

Hi, I am currently using the following command: files=(ls enuCPU??.????.exp ntuCPU??.????.exp) I need to now change the commmand to store the file names of files that have been modified before datetime equal to say '02/16/2008 20:30:00' What could I use? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: edisonantus
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Getting modified time & filename only

Hi, When we use "ls -l" we are getting like below, -rw-r--r-- 1 mdskl mds 4161479 Apr 12 14:57 VTTF2008.20080412145748.cc But i need only modified time and filename only like below, Apr 12 14:57 VTTF3008.20080412145748.cc Thanks-:) Senthil (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: senthil_seera
4 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to write a shell script that print the last modified file ?

Hi guys, -could any one help me with this (I'm new to UNIX) how to write a shell script that tell me the last modified file in the current directory? so if I run the script in a diferent directory,will work. and can I write the script by C++ language and run it in the shell ? I tried... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: FunnyWolF
5 Replies

6. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Send a mail when a shell script is modified

I would like to know, whether is there any command/tool in Linux (something like Oracle Trigger function) to send a mail if a particular shell script has been modified with details like, modification time, modified by, etc. Thanking in advance, (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: apsprabhu
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to get a filename modified by attaching modified timestamp

Hi, I want to modify a filename in AIX by attaching the last modified timestamp. I want the timestamp completely in numerical format (eg:200905081210. yr-2009, mnth - 05, date -08, hr - 12, mins - 10). For example if the filename is a.log and it was modified on April 6th 2008 at 21.00. I... (16 Replies)
Discussion started by: Ruks
16 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Send filename as variable in a shell script

I am having some trouble with a shell script I am writing. In the program I pass the path of where certain file names exist. I then want to loop through each file name and pass it as a DATA variable when calling sqlldr for a control file. This is what I have: ls $FILEPATH/${FILENAME}*.csv ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: neva
4 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

shell script to alert if a file has been modified

Hi , I want a script who will send alert the moment someone edit any file in a directory in LINUX. Can some one throw some light on this please.!! (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: d8011
4 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Find file by filename or with newest modified date

Hi, I have a directory that has numerous files in it, and there is two which are named "filerec_ddmmyyHH24MMSS" by the time they are created so "filerec_010615012250" was created at 01:22:50 on 1st June 2015. I need to find the most recently created of those 2 files and get the contents of... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: finn
4 Replies
CPANPLUS::Shell(3pm)					 Perl Programmers Reference Guide				      CPANPLUS::Shell(3pm)

NAME
CPANPLUS::Shell - base class for CPANPLUS shells SYNOPSIS
use CPANPLUS::Shell; # load the shell indicated by your # config -- defaults to # CPANPLUS::Shell::Default use CPANPLUS::Shell qw[Classic] # load CPANPLUS::Shell::Classic; my $ui = CPANPLUS::Shell->new(); my $name = $ui->which; # Find out what shell you loaded $ui->shell; # run the ui shell DESCRIPTION
This module is the generic loading (and base class) for all "CPANPLUS" shells. Through this module you can load any installed "CPANPLUS" shell. Just about all the functionality is provided by the shell that you have loaded, and not by this class (which merely functions as a generic loading class), so please consult the documentation of your shell of choice. BUG REPORTS
Please report bugs or other issues to <bug-cpanplus@rt.cpan.org<gt>. AUTHOR
This module by Jos Boumans <kane@cpan.org>. COPYRIGHT
The CPAN++ interface (of which this module is a part of) is copyright (c) 2001 - 2007, Jos Boumans <kane@cpan.org>. All rights reserved. This library is free software; you may redistribute and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. SEE ALSO
CPANPLUS::Shell::Default, CPANPLUS::Shell::Classic, cpanp perl v5.16.2 2012-10-11 CPANPLUS::Shell(3pm)