Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting use awk to edit a file..pls help Post 302438072 by dhe.arora on Sunday 18th of July 2010 07:48:03 AM
Old 07-18-2010
hey man!! thanx for the help...correct results now....thanx a lot...

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Pls Help - Need to edit file located in several directories

I need to update an entry called "mail.RiskNavigatorFromEmailAddress" in all of the "Application.properties" files below, which are located in several different directories... Each of these Application.properties files has the following entry: ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: kthatch
3 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help needed in 'awk' : pls.

we have a file File1.I have used the below code to append 'file1' to each row.it is appending 'file1' but there is 5 empty space is coming after the end of each row.i found this opening in 'vi' mode and moving the cursor on each row ...can u help me ... File1: E100|0|05/29/1993|0|E001|E000... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: satyam_sat
3 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Pls help me with file editing using awk

Hi all, Pls help me with file editing using awk. I have a text file with the below format. "STANDARD VOLUME ","2009","BUX","V","JCBH49","NF", 001413 "VENDOR MATERIAL-STD ","2009","BUX","V","JCBH49","NF", 009948 "INBOUND TRANS-STD ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: srinivas.maddy
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

edit entire column from a fixed-width file using awk or sed

Col1 Col2 Col3 Col4 12 Completed 08 0830 12 In Progress 09 0829 11 For F U 07 0828 Considering the file above, how could i replace the third column the most efficient way? The actual file size is almost 1G. I am... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: tamahomekarasu
10 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

File edit with awk or sed

I have the follwoing file: This looks to be : seperated. For the first field i want only the file name without ".txt" and also i want to remove "+" sign if the second field starts with "+" sign. Input file: Output file: Appreciate your help (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: pinnacle
9 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Sed or Awk or both to edit file

What is an efficient way to remove all lines from the input file which contain a file name? inputfile: ======================= # comment # comment # comment 5 8 10 /tmp 5 8 10 /var/run 5 8 10 /etc/vfstab 5 8 9 /var/tmp 5 8 10 /var/adm/messages... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: Arsenalman
7 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

scripting/awk help : awk sum output is not comming in regular format. Pls advise.

Hi Experts, I am adding a column of numbers with awk , however not getting correct output: # awk '{sum+=$1} END {print sum}' datafile 2.15291e+06 How can I getthe output like : 2152910 Thank you.. # awk '{sum+=$1} END {print sum}' datafile 2.15079e+06 (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: rveri
3 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

search and edit in the same file using awk

Hi, I am having a user.txt contains the name of users and passwd.txt file contains as passwd.txt $cat usr.txt root bin daemon cap $cat passwd.txt root:x:0:0:root:/root:/usr/bin/ksh bin:x:1:1:bin:/bin:/sbin/csh daemon:x:2:2:daemon:/sbin:/usr/bin/ksh adm:x:3:4:adm:/var/adm:/sbin/nologin... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Manabhanjan
4 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to get awk to edit in place and join all lines in text file

Hi, I lack the utter fundamentals on how to craft an awk script. I have hundreds of text files that were mangled by .doc format so all the lines are broken up so I need to join all of the lines of text into a single line. Normally I use vim command "ggVGJ" to join all lines but with so many... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: n00ti
3 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Edit a file using awk ?

Hey guys, I'm trying to learn a bit of awk/sed and I'm using different sites to learn it from, and i think I'm starting to get confused (doesn't take much!). Anyway, say I have a csv file which has something along the lines of the following in it:"test","127.0.0.1","startup... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: jimbob01
6 Replies
pbmreduce(1)						      General Commands Manual						      pbmreduce(1)

NAME
pbmreduce - read a portable bitmap and reduce it N times SYNOPSIS
pbmreduce [-floyd|-fs|-threshold ] [-value val] N [pbmfile] DESCRIPTION
Reads a portable bitmap as input. Reduces it by a factor of N, and produces a portable bitmap as output. pbmreduce duplicates a lot of the functionality of pgmtopbm; you could do something like pnmscale | pgmtopbm, but pbmreduce is a lot faster. pbmreduce can be used to "re-halftone" an image. Let's say you have a scanner that only produces black&white, not grayscale, and it does a terrible job of halftoning (most b&w scanners fit this description). One way to fix the halftoning is to scan at the highest possible res- olution, say 300 dpi, and then reduce by a factor of three or so using pbmreduce. You can even correct the brightness of an image, by using the -value flag. OPTIONS
By default, the halftoning after the reduction is done via boustrophedonic Floyd-Steinberg error diffusion; however, the -threshold flag can be used to specify simple thresholding. This gives better results when reducing line drawings. The -value flag alters the thresholding value for all quantizations. It should be a real number between 0 and 1. Above 0.5 means darker images; below 0.5 means lighter. All flags can be abbreviated to their shortest unique prefix. SEE ALSO
pnmenlarge(1), pnmscale(1), pgmtopbm(1), pbm(5) AUTHOR
Copyright (C) 1988 by Jef Poskanzer. 02 August 1989 pbmreduce(1)