Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting use awk to edit a file..pls help Post 302438066 by guruprasadpr on Sunday 18th of July 2010 06:53:07 AM
Old 07-18-2010
Hi
awk does not change your files in place. You have to take care of changing it by re-direction and etc..

Guru.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Pls Help - Need to edit file located in several directories

I need to update an entry called "mail.RiskNavigatorFromEmailAddress" in all of the "Application.properties" files below, which are located in several different directories... Each of these Application.properties files has the following entry: ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: kthatch
3 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help needed in 'awk' : pls.

we have a file File1.I have used the below code to append 'file1' to each row.it is appending 'file1' but there is 5 empty space is coming after the end of each row.i found this opening in 'vi' mode and moving the cursor on each row ...can u help me ... File1: E100|0|05/29/1993|0|E001|E000... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: satyam_sat
3 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Pls help me with file editing using awk

Hi all, Pls help me with file editing using awk. I have a text file with the below format. "STANDARD VOLUME ","2009","BUX","V","JCBH49","NF", 001413 "VENDOR MATERIAL-STD ","2009","BUX","V","JCBH49","NF", 009948 "INBOUND TRANS-STD ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: srinivas.maddy
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

edit entire column from a fixed-width file using awk or sed

Col1 Col2 Col3 Col4 12 Completed 08 0830 12 In Progress 09 0829 11 For F U 07 0828 Considering the file above, how could i replace the third column the most efficient way? The actual file size is almost 1G. I am... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: tamahomekarasu
10 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

File edit with awk or sed

I have the follwoing file: This looks to be : seperated. For the first field i want only the file name without ".txt" and also i want to remove "+" sign if the second field starts with "+" sign. Input file: Output file: Appreciate your help (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: pinnacle
9 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Sed or Awk or both to edit file

What is an efficient way to remove all lines from the input file which contain a file name? inputfile: ======================= # comment # comment # comment 5 8 10 /tmp 5 8 10 /var/run 5 8 10 /etc/vfstab 5 8 9 /var/tmp 5 8 10 /var/adm/messages... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: Arsenalman
7 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

scripting/awk help : awk sum output is not comming in regular format. Pls advise.

Hi Experts, I am adding a column of numbers with awk , however not getting correct output: # awk '{sum+=$1} END {print sum}' datafile 2.15291e+06 How can I getthe output like : 2152910 Thank you.. # awk '{sum+=$1} END {print sum}' datafile 2.15079e+06 (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: rveri
3 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

search and edit in the same file using awk

Hi, I am having a user.txt contains the name of users and passwd.txt file contains as passwd.txt $cat usr.txt root bin daemon cap $cat passwd.txt root:x:0:0:root:/root:/usr/bin/ksh bin:x:1:1:bin:/bin:/sbin/csh daemon:x:2:2:daemon:/sbin:/usr/bin/ksh adm:x:3:4:adm:/var/adm:/sbin/nologin... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Manabhanjan
4 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to get awk to edit in place and join all lines in text file

Hi, I lack the utter fundamentals on how to craft an awk script. I have hundreds of text files that were mangled by .doc format so all the lines are broken up so I need to join all of the lines of text into a single line. Normally I use vim command "ggVGJ" to join all lines but with so many... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: n00ti
3 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Edit a file using awk ?

Hey guys, I'm trying to learn a bit of awk/sed and I'm using different sites to learn it from, and i think I'm starting to get confused (doesn't take much!). Anyway, say I have a csv file which has something along the lines of the following in it:"test","127.0.0.1","startup... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: jimbob01
6 Replies
FEGETROUND(3)						   BSD Library Functions Manual 					     FEGETROUND(3)

NAME
fegetround, fesetround -- functions providing access to the floating-point rounding mode. SYNOPSIS
#include <fenv.h> #pragma STDC FENV_ACCESS ON int fegetround(void); int fesetround(int round); DESCRIPTION
These functions provide control of floating-point rounding direction modes. The fegetround() function gets the current rounding direction. It returns the value of the rounding direction macro representing the current rounding direction, or a negative value if either there is no corresponding macro or if the rounding direction is not determinable. The fesetround() function sets the rounding direction to be that specified by the argument round. If the argument is not equal to the value of one of the rounding direction macros, the rounding direction is not changed. It returns zero if and only if the requested rounding direc- tion was established. SEE ALSO
fenv(3), feclearexcept(3), fegetenv(3), fegetexceptflag(3), feholdexcept(3), fesetenv(3), feraiseexcept(3), fesetexceptflag(3), feraiseexcept(3), feupdateenv(3) STANDARDS
These functions conform to ISO/IEC 9899:TC3. BSD
May 9, 2011 BSD