Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: John the ripper
Special Forums Cybersecurity John the ripper Post 302438042 by unSpawn on Saturday 17th of July 2010 08:16:48 PM
Old 07-17-2010
Just like you installed it previously?

2 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX and Linux Applications

John the Ripper application question

Hi Friends I like to know one thing the how exactly john the ripper works. I have search in google, read lots of tutorial on that. I have simple question, can I get the password for the encrypted file for the following example. e.g : Abc.txt file contents "This is Joy" Now I... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: itsjoy2u
4 Replies

2. Red Hat

John the Ripper / CRACK

Has anyone used JTR or CRACK to check if you have any weak passwords on your Red Hat Servers? If so can I ask some basic questions? Or would this question be better pitched in another area of the Forum, if so please suggest where, if anyone is willing to help me in this forum please let me know... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: stevej123
1 Replies
XtAppSetErrorMsgHandler()												 XtAppSetErrorMsgHandler()

Name
  XtAppSetErrorMsgHandler - set the high-level error handler.

Synopsis
  XtErrorMsgHandler XtAppSetErrorMsgHandler(app_context, msg_handler)
	 XtAppContext app_context;
	 XtErrorMsgHandler msg_handler;

Inputs
  app_context
	    Specifies the application context.

msg_handler
	    Specifies the new high-level fatal error message handling procedure, which should not return.

Returns
  A pointer to the previously installed high-level error handler.

Description
  XtAppSetErrorMsgHandler() registers the procedure msg_handler in app_context as the procedure to be invoked by XtAppErrorMsg().  It returns
  a pointer to the previously installed high-level error handler.

The default high-level fatal error handler provided by the Intrinsics is named _XtDefaultErrorMsg().	It looks up a message  in  the	error
  resource  database (see XtAppGetErrorDatabaseText()), substitutes the supplied parameters into the message, and calls XtError().  See XtEr-
  rorMsgHandler(2) for an explanation of how to write a customized high-level error handler.

msg_handler should generally invoke the low-level error handler to display the message and exit.  Fatal error message handlers  should  not
  return.  If one does, subsequent X Toolkit behavior is undefined.

Usage
  Note	that  application-context-specific error handling is not implemented on many systems.  Most implementations will have just one set of
  error handlers.  If they are set for different application contexts, the one performed last will prevail.

See Also
  XtAppError(1), XtAppErrorMsg(1), XtAppGetErrorDatabaseText(1), XtAppSetErrorHandler(1), XtAppSetWarningHandler(1), XtAppSetWarningMsgHan-
  dler(1), XtAppWarning(1), XtAppWarningMsg(1),
  XtErrorHandler(2), XtErrorMsgHandler(2).

Xt - Error Handling													 XtAppSetErrorMsgHandler()