Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Log File - Getting Info about preceding Date of Pattern Found Post 302437670 by rdcwayx on Thursday 15th of July 2010 08:59:12 PM
Old 07-15-2010
Code:
awk '/^[0-9][0-9]/ {split($2,s,",");a=$1 FS s[1]} 
      /failure agaf@fafa/ {b=a} END{print b}' urfile

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Finding & Moving Oldest File by Parsing/Sorting Date Info in File Names

I'm trying to write a script that will look in an /exports folder for the oldest export file and move it to a /staging folder. "Oldest" in this case is actually determined by date information embedded in the file names themselves. Also, the script should only move a file from /exports to... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: nikosey
6 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

search a pattern and if pattern found insert new pattern at the begining

I am trying to do some thing like this .. In a file , if pattern found insert new pattern at the begining of the line containing the pattern. example: in a file I have this. gtrow0unit1/gctunit_crrownorth_stage5_outnet_feedthru_pin if i find feedthru_pin want to insert !! at the... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: pitagi
7 Replies

3. Solaris

Search date pattern in application log file

I am viewing a file in vi editor and would like to search for a date pattern. In the log, the timestamp is enclosed in parentheses ''. I am using the '/' option in vi to search for the pattern. log snippet: 000000f4 ServletWrappe I SRVE0242I: : Initialization successful. 000000f4... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Vangogh78
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Extract info from log file and compute using time date stamp

Looking for a shell script or a simple perl script . I am new to scripting and not very good at it . I have 2 directories . One of them holds a text file with list of files in it and the second one is a daily log which shows the file completion time. I need to co-relate both and make a report. ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: breez_drew
0 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Count of matched pattern occurences by minute and date in a log file

Anyone knows how to use AWK to achieve the following Sun Feb 12 00:41:01-00:41:59 Success:2 Fail:2 Sun Feb 12 00:42:01-00:42:59 Success:1 Fail:2 Sun Feb 12 01:20:01-01:20:59 Success:1 Fail:2 Mon Feb 13 22:41:01-22:41:59 Success:1 Fail:1 log file: Success Success Fail Fail ... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: timmywong
9 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need help on appending all the lines in a file after a pattern is found

Hi Friends, I am working on a file which has content as follows Wed,Database,ABC_cube,loaded Wed,Logging,out,user,302002654,active,for,0,minutes Wed,Logging,out,user,109000151,active,for,8,minutes Wed,Logging,out,user,302002654,active,for,0,minutes... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: dev.devil.1983
8 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Getting value of a pattern preceding another pattern

I have a file like this ------------------------------- -------------------------------------- I need a way to find the timestamp preceding the ERR-XXXXX Here XXXX deonoes any any numeric string 00000-99999 that is a output like this 2012-11-12 : 11:59-ERR-XXXXX 2012-11-12 : ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: swayam123
4 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Copy/print all lines between pattern is found in .log files

Hi, I have a folder with multiple (< 33) .log files. And I have to copy the lines between two patterns from all the .log files to a new file. (script file with a loop?) Thanks in advance. 1.log ... .. xx1> begin ... .. .. >>> Total: 2 Alarms .. .. (17 Replies)
Discussion started by: AK47
17 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

If first pattern is found, look for second pattern. If second pattern not found, delete line

I had a spot of trouble coming up with a title, hopefully you'll understand once you read my problem... :) I have the output of an ldapsearch that looks like this: dn: cn=sam,ou=company,o=com uidNumber: 7174 gidNumber: 49563 homeDirectory: /home/sam loginshell: /bin/bash uid: sam... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: samgoober
2 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Extract whole word preceding a specific character pattern with first occurence of the pattern

Hello. Here is a file contents : declare -Ax NEW_FORCE_IGNORE_ARRAY=(="§" ="§" ="§" ="§" ="§" .................. ="§"Here is a pattern =I want to extract 'NEW_FORCE_IGNORE_ARRAY' which is the whole word before the first occurrence of pattern '=' Is there a better solution than mine :... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: jcdole
3 Replies
Locale::Codes::LangFam(3pm)				 Perl Programmers Reference Guide			       Locale::Codes::LangFam(3pm)

NAME
Locale::Codes::LangFam - standard codes for language extension identification SYNOPSIS
use Locale::Codes::LangFam; $lext = code2langfam('apa'); # $lext gets 'Apache languages' $code = langfam2code('Apache languages'); # $code gets 'apa' @codes = all_langfam_codes(); @names = all_langfam_names(); DESCRIPTION
The "Locale::Codes::LangFam" module provides access to standard codes used for identifying language families, such as those as defined in ISO 639-5. Most of the routines take an optional additional argument which specifies the code set to use. If not specified, the default ISO 639-5 language family codes will be used. SUPPORTED CODE SETS
There are several different code sets you can use for identifying language families. A code set may be specified using either a name, or a constant that is automatically exported by this module. For example, the two are equivalent: $lext = code2langfam('apa','alpha'); $lext = code2langfam('apa',LOCALE_LANGFAM_ALPHA); The codesets currently supported are: alpha This is the set of three-letter (lowercase) codes from ISO 639-5 such as 'apa' for Apache languages. This is the default code set. ROUTINES
code2langfam ( CODE [,CODESET] ) langfam2code ( NAME [,CODESET] ) langfam_code2code ( CODE ,CODESET ,CODESET2 ) all_langfam_codes ( [CODESET] ) all_langfam_names ( [CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::rename_langfam ( CODE ,NEW_NAME [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::add_langfam ( CODE ,NAME [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::delete_langfam ( CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::add_langfam_alias ( NAME ,NEW_NAME ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::delete_langfam_alias ( NAME ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::rename_langfam_code ( CODE ,NEW_CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::add_langfam_code_alias ( CODE ,NEW_CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::delete_langfam_code_alias ( CODE [,CODESET] ) These routines are all documented in the Locale::Codes::API man page. SEE ALSO
Locale::Codes The Locale-Codes distribution. Locale::Codes::API The list of functions supported by this module. http://www.loc.gov/standards/iso639-5/id.php ISO 639-5 . AUTHOR
See Locale::Codes for full author history. Currently maintained by Sullivan Beck (sbeck@cpan.org). COPYRIGHT
Copyright (c) 2011-2013 Sullivan Beck This module is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. perl v5.18.2 2013-11-04 Locale::Codes::LangFam(3pm)