Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Installing programs in Unix
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Installing programs in Unix Post 302437387 by pludi on Thursday 15th of July 2010 01:01:08 AM
Old 07-15-2010
Double post from here, thread closed.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Installing Programs In Linux

I am not sure how to install a program in linux. I have Java 2 on a CD the CD Mounts but then I'm lost. What do I need to do so that the programm will install on my system? Thank you, Monkette (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: kdelph
6 Replies

2. Programming

How to compile and run C++ programs in UNIX environment?

:( :confused: Does anybody here know how to compile and run C++ programs in UNIX enviroment? I am so confused. Any help on this would be greatly appreciated! Thanks! (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Kahuashi
5 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

installing/running programs.

Hey folks, i'm a total newbie at linux (only installed it yesterday) so don't be mad at me for querying this. I downloaded firefox, and unpacked the library files and binaries into /usr/lib/firefox. Now, am I correct in thinking that to run it, I need to enter the 'sh /usr/lib/firefox' command into... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: shep
4 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

porting programs with dcom to unix

Hi I have a rather large set of sas programs that i want to port to unix sas. All of these programs uses windows functionality somehow. For example win API calls and ole-dll:s via com and dcom. Now my company is moving to sas on unix, and we must port these apps (sas macros). So what Im... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: iommi
3 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Unix/Solaris admin programs

Hi, Im working for a company that has over 400+ unix/solaris boxes. Obviously when we get a new unix guy join the company, its take us AGES to set them up on all these boxes. Can people recommend any programs/packages that can be added to our unix/solaris boxes to make this easier? ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: JamieP
2 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Installing Programs

Hello, I have a simple question. How do make it so i can lauch a program from the shell. For instance I want to install firefox 2 and I wanna launch it with ff2 in the terminal, so i tried this to my .bashrc file: alias ff2='/path/./firefox' and its not working as I would hope. anywho,... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: SeamusHC
2 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

installing unix programs

hi everyone, I'm new to the forums. I am in the process of learning unix. I have a problem installing a unix program. The program at question is Links. It is an internet browser. I have the INSTALL notes, but I'm not having much luck at all. Any ideas on how to install? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: fissm
3 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Are programs like sys_open( ) ,sys_read( ) et al examples of system level programs ?

Are the programs written on schedulers ,thread library , process management, memory management, et al called systems programs ? How are they different from the programs that implement functions like open() , printf() , scanf() , read() .. they have a prefix sys_open, sys_close, sys_read etc , right... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: vishwamitra
1 Replies

9. Ubuntu

Installing Commercial Linux Programs

I a writing a program which I would like to distribute commercially to Linux users. This question doesn't apply specifically to Ubuntu, but Ubuntu will be one of the Linux systems involved, and Ubuntu is one of the systems on which I have practiced installing. I have sufficient Linux experience... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: BrandonShw
5 Replies

10. AIX

Installing programs on AIX

G'day all. Thanks to everyone for helping me getting my h50 rs/6000 server going Now i need just a bit more help. Can anyone tell me how i install other software using remote console? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ADS2459
2 Replies
PAPS(1) 						      General Commands Manual							   PAPS(1)

NAME
paps - UTF-8 to PostScript converter using Pango SYNOPSIS
paps [options] files... DESCRIPTION
paps reads a UTF-8 encoded file and generates a PostScript language rendering of the file. The rendering is done by creating outline curves through the pango ft2 backend. OPTIONS
These programs follow the usual GNU command line syntax, with long options starting with two dashes (`-'). A summary of options is included below. --landscape Landscape output. Default is portrait. --columns=cl Number of columns output. Default is 1. --font=desc Set the font description. Default is Monospace 12. --rtl Do rtl layout. --paper ps Choose paper size. Known paper sizes are legal, letter, a4. Default is A4. --bottom-margin=bm Set bottom margin in postscript points (1/72 inch). Default is 36. --top-margin=tm Set top margin. Default is 36. --left-margin=lm Set left margin. Default is 36. --right-margin=rm Set right margin. Default is 36. --help Show summary of options. --header Draw page header for each page. --markup Interpret the text as pango markup. --encoding=ENCODING Assume the documentation encoding is ENCODING. --lpi Set the lines per inch. This determines the line spacing. --cpi Set the characters per inch. This is an alternative method of specifying the font size. --stretch-chars Indicates that characters should be stretched in the y-direction to fill up their vertical space. This is similar to the texttops behaviour. AUTHOR
paps was written by Dov Grobgeld <dov.grobgeld@gmail.com>. This manual page was written by Lior Kaplan <kaplan@debian.org>, for the Debian project (but may be used by others). April 17, 2006 PAPS(1)