Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Make copy of website for developement Post 302437319 by djlane on Wednesday 14th of July 2010 03:57:55 PM
Old 07-14-2010
copy

It's basically a Drupal site that I want to copy to do some playing around with - I have ftp access to website. I have already copied the mysql Database. So I basic would like to do a recursive copy of everything below /www.

On my local ubuntu server have complete access and have a WAMP server type setup.

Dj

PS. I know hoe to ftp one folder at a time would would like to be able to do all of them at once.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Linux

How to make a tool as 30-days evalution copy

Hi All, I am very curious to know that how to make a product/tool as evalution copy(trail version for 30days). I want to know this implemention process in linux(the tool is in Linux). If anybody have any scripts/articles/ideas please pass them to me. Please help me. Thanks in Advace,... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: uday123
0 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Make a copy of a unix HDD

i have this HDD with SCO 5.0.6 and i'm getting this errors WARNING: wd0: Error on fixed disk dev 1/42, block=4829, cmd=0x000000C8 Sun Mar 11 05:50:08 2007 status=0x00000040, LBA sector=1285723, cylinder/head=5022/0 WARNING: wd0: Error... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: josramon
0 Replies

3. Solaris

What are Developement HUFS

What are Developement HUFS and what are they used for ? (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: innocent
0 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to make copy work faster

I am trying to copy a folder which contains a list of C executables. It takes 2 mins for completion,where as the entire script takes only 3 more minutes for other process. Is there a way to copy the folder faster so that the performance of the script will improve? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: prasperl
2 Replies

5. SCO

Make a Copy Entire Hard Disk

Dear All, I have a standalone desktop with SCO Openserver V 5, this is used to control a machine with custom written software. The problem is that the machine manufacturer has closed shop (bankruptcy) and there is no support on software. As a precaution I would want to make a complete backup of... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: iqbal_siddiqui
3 Replies

6. Programming

C program to make an exact copy of the current process in Ubundu

Hi All, I am new to Linux and i need your for a program which makes the exact copy of the running process. I have got some codes but it only works for the first command and will not work for subsequent commands. Means it works for "ps" but will not work for "ps u". I have changed the code to... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: subhash007
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Find all .htaccess files and make a backup copy in respective directories

Hey guys, I need to know how to locate all .htaccess files on the server and make a backup of them in the folder they reside before I run a script to modify all of them. So basically taking dir1/.htaccess and copying it as dir1/.htaccess_bk dir2/.htaccess copying as dir2/.htaccess_bk... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: boxx
5 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Copy directories in make file

LD:=C:/WindRiver/diab/5.9.3.0/WIN32/bin/dld.exe CFILES:=$(wildcard *.c) OBJFILES:=$(subst .c,.o, $(CFILES)) OBJ_PATH:=$(PRJ_PATH)/out/ ADDOBJFILES := $(addprefix $(OBJ_PATH),$(OBJFILES)) FILES:=C:/EB/tresos/workspace/Test_Spi/output/src copyfiles: cp ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ushacy
3 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Make copy of text file with columns removed (based on header)

Hello, I have some tab delimited text files with a three header rows. The headers look like, (sorry the tabs look so messy). index group Name input input input input input input input input input input input... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: LMHmedchem
9 Replies

10. Solaris

How to make an exact image copy of a SCSI hard drive in Solaris 8 OS?

To Solaris 8 Experts, Please let me know what's the best method / procedure as well as the Solaris 8 commands for accomplishing the following tasks on a production Sun Enterprise 250 Server running Sun Solaris 8 Operating System: 1. Make an exact image/copy of the SCSI Hard Drive in the... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ssabet
3 Replies
showexternal(1) 					      General Commands Manual						   showexternal(1)

NAME
showexternal - Fetch and display the body of a mail message that is included by reference SYNOPSIS
showexternal body-file access-type name [site [directory [mode [server]]]] DESCRIPTION
The showexternal program will attempt to obtain the real body of a mail message that is included only by reference, using the MIME type "message/external-body". It is intended to be called by metamail via a mailcap entry like the following: message/external-body; showexternal %s %{access-type} %{name} %{site} %{directory} %{mode} %{server} ; needsterminal If it succeeds in fetching the message body, showexternal will then call metamail to actually display it. SEE ALSO
metamail(1) ENVIRONMENT
The FTP environment variable can override "ftp" as the name of the ftp program. BUGS
Not the greatest error handling in the world. COPYRIGHT
Copyright (c) 1991 Bell Communications Research, Inc. (Bellcore) Permission to use, copy, modify, and distribute this material for any purpose and without fee is hereby granted, provided that the above copyright notice and this permission notice appear in all copies, and that the name of Bellcore not be used in advertising or publicity pertaining to this material without the specific, prior written permission of an authorized representative of Bellcore. BELLCORE MAKES NO REPRESENTATIONS ABOUT THE ACCURACY OR SUITABILITY OF THIS MATERIAL FOR ANY PURPOSE. IT IS PROVIDED "AS IS", WITHOUT ANY EXPRESS OR IMPLIED WARRANTIES. AUTHOR
Nathaniel S. Borenstein, Bellcore Release 1 showexternal(1)