Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris Detecting wirelss USB Adapter Post 302437221 by lkyow on Wednesday 14th of July 2010 10:31:52 AM
Old 07-14-2010
Detecting wirelss USB Adapter

Hi,

i try to plug in my USB wireless adapter to my sun solaris server. However, it cannot detect it. How do i set it so that it can detect it?

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Detecting USB Flash Devices (plugged and hot-plugged)

I am trying to script the process of looking for a usb-key inside another application. I have gotten some success by recording "ls /dev" and comparing it to a new "ls /dev" periodically. However this has made it so I have to prompt the user to take out the usb-key (if plugged in), let my... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jjinno
1 Replies

2. HP-UX

what is an adapter?

Hi , Hi what is an adapter?what is its use ? How to log into a tibco server from unix home directory. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: megh
1 Replies

3. Solaris

USB to Serial Adapter connection

Hi Community, I'm working on Sun Server V490 with my PC (with OS Vista). I'm using a USB to Serial Adapter to connect to Server directly. I've this problem, I'm connecting to Server with Putty client with this settings: boud rate 9600, 8 bit, 0 parity, 0 flow control, but after to have typed... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Sunb3
4 Replies

4. BSD

Detecting usb stick in freebsd

I inserted a 8GB usb stick in a number of machine with FreeBSD 7.1, but the medium was not detected: $ dmesg | grep MB usable memory = 4263022592 (4065 MB) avail memory = 4082540544 (3893 MB) pci0: <serial bus, SMBus> at device 31.3 (no driver attached) ad0: 238475MB <WDC WD2500BEVT-00ZCT0... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: figaro
6 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Detecting A USB Storage Device From A Script

I need a way to reliably detect a USB storage device from a bash script. I know how to use 'lsusb' to list the USB devices - but then how can I match a device listed in 'lsusb' output to an actual disk device? Is there some way to map one to the other? Any help appreciated. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: dmaddox099
3 Replies

6. IP Networking

my wireless usb adapter connect to net but the signal is very weak

i have wireless usb adapter rtl8187 from micromax company my proplem is the signal is very weak and i cannot open website can i increase the signal ? iwconfig lo no wireless extensions. eth0 no wireless extensions. wmaster0 no wireless extensions. wlan0... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: rsd220
5 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

USB-USB cable between linux and windows computers

Is there an easy way to setup a cross-over cable (USB-USB) between a linux box and a windows PC? My 2 machines are next to each other but I really do not want to keep transfering my files using my USB drive. Thanks! (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Xterra
4 Replies

8. AIX

Misconfiguration detected Adapter interface name en 3 Adapter offset 0

Hi, We had a hardware problem with an IBM System p5 server, with AIX 5.2 We restore from a tape the last backup we had, but the server does not boot up as expected. The server try to mount some directories from a storage, but could not comunicate with them, we check the FC and everything is... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: trevian3969
12 Replies
install-solaris(1M)													       install-solaris(1M)

NAME
install-solaris - install the Solaris operating system SYNOPSIS
install-solaris install-solaris invokes the Solaris Install program. Depending on graphical capability and available memory at the time of invocation, install-solaris invokes either a text-based installer or a graphical installer. The following minimum requirements for physical memory dictate which features are available during installation: For SPARC machines: 128 MB Minimum physical memory for all installation types 128 MB Minimum physical memory required for windowing system 384 MB Minimum physical memory required for graphical-based installation For x86 machines: 256 MB Minimum physical memory for all installation types 256 MB Minimum physical memory required for windowing system 512 MB Minimum physical memory required for graphical-based installation In some cases, even if the minimum physical memory is present, available virtual memory after system startup can limit the number of fea- tures available. install-solaris exists only on the Solaris installation media (CD or DVD) and should be invoked only from there. Refer to the for more details. install-solaris allows installation of the operating system onto any standalone system. install-solaris loads the software available on the installation media. Refer to the for disk space requirements. Refer to the for more information on the various menus and selections. See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWcdrom (Solaris instal- | | |lation media) | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Interface Stability |Evolving | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ pkginfo(1), install(1M), pkgadd(1M), attributes(5) It is advisable to exit install-solaris by means of the exit options in the install-solaris menus. 23 Sep 2005 install-solaris(1M)