Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Compare 3 files, delete data equals. Post 302437192 by beinthemiddle on Wednesday 14th of July 2010 09:25:35 AM
Old 07-14-2010
Hi Selmar,

If I have understood u clear, this is what you require.
Data common to file_1 and file_3 should be deleted from file_1. Then file_2 and file_3 should be added to file_1.

Code:
comm -23 file_1 file_3 > temp.dat
mv temp.dat file_1
cat file_2 >> file_1
cat file_3 >> file_1

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Compare data files

I would like to compare a data file (before and after a process has run) to identify if there are any differences. Can anyone help !! (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ithomp
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Compare data in 2 files and delete if file exist

Hi there, I have written a script called "compare" (see below) to make comparison between 2 files namely test_put.log and Output_A0.log #!/bin/ksh while read file do found="no" while read line do echo $line | grep $file > /dev/null if then echo $file found found="yes" break fi... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: lweegp
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to compare two flat files and get changed data

Hi, I need to compare two flat files (yesterday & today's data) and get only the changed data from flat files. In flat file i dont have data column or anything its just a string data in flat file.Can any one please let me know the script With Regds Shashi (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: jtshashidhar
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Compare files in two folders and delete missing ones

I do not know much about shell scripting so I am at a loss here. If someone can help me, that would be great! I have two directories /dir1 /dir2 I need to delete all files from /dir1 and that does not have a correspondent file in /dir2. It should NOT check file suffixes in /dir2 . Why?... (20 Replies)
Discussion started by: kaah
20 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Compare two files and get matching data

Hi, Can anyone help me to compare two files and get the matching data... say i have file1 and file2 ... file1 has 300 unique data with that i need to match with file2 to see how may are matching.. file2 have 1000 records. (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: zooby
4 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Compare columns of two files and retrieve data

Hi guys, I need your help. I have two files: file1 1 3 5 file2 1,XX 2,AA 3,BB 4,CC 5,DD I would like to compare the first column and where they are equal to write that output in a new file: 1,XX 3,BB (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: apenkov
7 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need shell script to compare directories and delete files on target server

Hello, I need help in writing the shell script for below mentioned case. There are 2 servers(server A, server B). A cronjob syncs files between these 2 servers. Existing script is copying files from A to B. This is done using the command rsync. However, the files are not deleted... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: SravaniVedam11
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Compare data in two files

Gents, Can you help please I have a data base with lot information (file2) and I have some data in (file1) to compare. Then the comparison should be done using the following keys: Example ( values from file1 ) key1 = columns from 20-34 substr($0,20,15) 66705.00 19793 key2 = columns... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: jiam912
5 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script to compare files in 2 folders and delete the large file

Hello, my first thread here. I've been searching and fiddling around for about a week and I cannot find a solution.:confused: I have been converting all of my home videos to HEVC and sometimes the files end up smaller and sometimes they don't. I am currently comparing all the video files... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Josh52180
5 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Compare two files and lines which are the same just delete it

I am having a two files and different days, and this is example: file1: 06.09.2017. abcd 123 file2: 07.09.2017. abcd 1234 So what I want is that file2 with today's date contains only 1234, so where is a problem you would ask? Problem is here that I put these commands into routers,. and... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: tomislav91
3 Replies
Data::Compare::Plugins(3pm)				User Contributed Perl Documentation			       Data::Compare::Plugins(3pm)

NAME
Data::Compare::Plugins - how to extend Data::Compare DESCRIPTION
Data::Compare natively handles several built-in data types - scalars, references to scalars, references to arrays, references to hashes, references to subroutines, compiled regular expressions, and globs. For objects, it tries to Do The Right Thing and compares the underlying data type. However, this is not always what you want. This is especially true if you have complex objects which overload stringification and/or numification. Hence we allow for plugins. FINDING PLUGINS
Data::Compare will try to load any module installed on your system under the various @INC/Data/Compare/Plugins/ directories. If there is a problem loading any of them, an appropriate warning will be issued. Because of how we find plugins, no plugins are available when running in "taint" mode. WRITING PLUGINS
Internally, plugins are "require"d into Data::Compare. This means that they need to evaluate to true. We make use of that true value. Where normally you just put: 1; at the end of an included file, you should instead ensure that you return a reference to an array. This is treated as being true so satisfies perl, and is a damned sight more useful. Inside that array should be either a description of what this plugin is to do, or references to several arrays containing such descriptions. A description consists of two or three items. First a string telling us what the first data-type handled by your plugin is. Second, (and optional, defaulting to the same as the first) the second data-type to compare. To handle comparisons to ordinary scalars, give the empty string for the data-type, ie: ['MyType', '', sub { ...}] Third and last, we need a reference to the subroutine which does the comparison. That subroutine should expect to take two parameters, which will be of the specified type. It should return 1 if they compare the same, or 0 if they compare different. Be aware that while you might give a description like: ['Type1', 'Type2', sub { ... }] this will handle both comparing Type1 to Type2, and comparing Type2 to Type1. ie, comparison is commutative. If you want to use Data::Compare's own comparison function from within your handler (to, for example, compare a data structure that you have stored somewhere in your object) then you will need to call it as Data::Compare::Compare. However, you must be careful to avoid infinite recursion by calling D::C::Compare which in turn calls back to your handler. The name of your plugins does not matter, only that it lives in one of those directories. Of course, giving it a sensible name means that the usual installation mechanisms will put it in the right place, and meaningful names will make it easier to debug your code. For an example, look at the plugin that handles Scalar::Properties objects, which is distributed with Data::Compare. DISTRIBUTION
Provided that the above rules are followed I see no reason for you to not upload your plugin to the CPAN yourself. You will need to make Data::Compare a pre-requisite, so that the CPAN.pm installer does the right thing. Alternatively, if you would prefer me to roll your plugin in with the Data::Compare distribution, I'd be happy to do so provided that the code is clear and well-commented, and that you include tests and documentation. SEE ALSO
Data::Compare Data::Compare::Plugins::Scalar::Properties AUTHOR
Copyright (c) 2004 David Cantrell <david@cantrell.org.uk>. All rights reserved. This program is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. perl v5.12.4 2009-03-07 Data::Compare::Plugins(3pm)