Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: How can I resume process ?
Operating Systems HP-UX How can I resume process ? Post 302437122 by vbe on Wednesday 14th of July 2010 05:01:30 AM
Old 07-14-2010
I would start by looking in my .sw/session directory and read the content of swinstall.last file you would find in it a line like
Code:
swinstall.logfile = /var/adm/sw/swinstall.log

Then I would go and look carefully in the swinstall.log file to see what is going on before doing anything else...

Last edited by vbe; 07-14-2010 at 06:05 AM.. Reason: typo...

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

resume mount connection

I have a system mount between two servers , but sometimes the connection will be broken when the unstable network or reboot the server , then the mount will not be resumed , even I add the mount connection at /etc/inittab , I still found the mount connection is unstable , could suggest how can I... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ust
2 Replies

2. Solaris

ftp resume feature

Hi all , Iam looking for an FTP clinet that supports "resume feature " , that is when iam trying to get and put a file , i will check weather the process of putting and getting a file is succesful ... In case of the process fails i want to roll back everything and try to ftp againg .... I... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ppass
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

I can't resume a process after stopping it!

Hello, I have a process running, for example a "top". I send it a signal to stop it kill -s SIGSTOP 3423 It works, but when I want to resume it by kill -s SIGCONT 3423 It does not work. Help me please..... I have Fedora Core 4. Thank you (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Nene
0 Replies

4. What is on Your Mind?

Are companies viewing my resume? How do I track my resume visits?

Hi everybody, I am wondering if there is any tool or website out there which can track who is viewing my resume. It is very frustrating when you send your CV or Cover Letter and you receive no feedback from the company, you don't even know if they have checked it out. Thanks for your help (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: gearyipswich
1 Replies

5. Solaris

Solaris resume

Hi Im in solaris field and i have one year of experience so can anyone get me a sample resume for level 1 support for solaris so that it will be easy for me to update my profile..:) (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: madanmeer
1 Replies

6. Hardware

Cannot resume from suspend with new motherboardktop, does not resume properly

I would like to get pm-suspend (or any other suspend method) working for a small new desktop computer. It is based on a Zotac GF-8200 ITX motherboard and an AMD Athlon II X@ 240 CPU using ArchLinux x86_64. The pm-suspend script works, apparently putting the machine into suspend correctly... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: lagagnon
0 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

cURL auto resume

Searched here and google and couldn't find a viable solution. Is there a way to transfer a file with curl and have it automatically attempt to resume it if there's an error, broken pipe, interruption, etc? curl -C- -T myfile.tar.gz ftp.site.com --user DC_Slick:password That's what I use... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: DC Slick
1 Replies

8. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Resume from last failed command

Dear Experts, I am creating a shell script (A) which is menu driven and in turn calls another shell scripts (X) depending on the selection. X has a list of commands which runs batch jobs in auto mode. Content of X ./sqr.ksh axhri051_sf axhri051_sf.par $1 $2 XHRPPYOV; ./sqr.ksh axbni062... (19 Replies)
Discussion started by: rprasad
19 Replies
SHAPE_PATCH(1)						      General Commands Manual						    SHAPE_PATCH(1)

NAME
shape_patch - shapeTools RMS generate patch file SYNOPSIS
shape patch OLDRELEASE=<name1> NEWRELEASE=<name2> [PATCHFILE=<filename>] DESCRIPTION
Shape patch generates a patch file for updating $(OLDRELEASE) to $(NEWRELEASE). Both releases are identified by release names associated with the macros OLD-/NEWRELEASE on the command line. Valid release names are those generated by any of the shape_RMS (pre-)release building procedures (see shape_releas(1)). Performing 'vl -all' with the release identification file as argument usually gives a good overview of existing release names. Patch generation happens recursively over all subsystems being part of the current node. Hence, triggering shape patch from the top node of the central source repository creates a patch file for the whole system. The output of shape patch is stored in a file named <name1>+2+<name2>.pat. When the PATCHFILE macro is set on the command line, $(PATCH- FILE) is taken as output file name instead. Defining PATCHFILE=- on the command line causes the patch to be written to standard output. Note: For patches invoking multiple subsystems, $(PATCHFILE) should be set to an absolute pathname. If not, the patch generation procedure will leave an equally named patch file for each visited subsystem. The patch is constructed using the vdiff(1) command and can be applied to any installation of $(OLDRELEASE) by invoking patch(1). INCONVENIENCES
On System V machines, the generated patch file name will almost certainly exceed the 14 characters filename length limit. SEE ALSO
shape_releas(1), vdiff(1), patch(1) FILES
<name1>+2+<name2>.pat 26.9.119 SHAPE_PATCH(1)