Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Error Executing a script(SSH problem) Post 302437098 by funksen on Wednesday 14th of July 2010 03:10:32 AM
Old 07-14-2010
I had the same problem, seems that it's a problem to use ssh connection in a while loop, the loop works just for the first time

using a "for" loop solved this problem for me

Code:
for line in $(cat servernames.txt)
do
Date=`ssh -T -q $line date`
echo "Date on $line is:$Date"
done

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Error while executing glance using ssh

Hi, I'm running glance ussing ssh from a "HP-UX" machine for a Sun machine. Here is a sample code:- x:- HP-UX y:- Sun Extracting a value from glance outuput. ssh x@y "/opt/perf/bin/glance -f -adviser_only -iterations 2 -maxpages 1 > glance.op ; echo `head -1 glance.op | a wk '{print... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: bishweshwar
0 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Problem executing a script

The script startserver.sh has permissions to execute. Still the nohup command returns error with 'No such file or directory' Any sugggestions: $ nohup ./startserver.sh & Error $ nohup: appending output to `nohup.out' nohup: cannot run command `./startserver.sh': No such file or... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: hemangjani
4 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Problem with executing script using ssh

I'm writing a script which is meant to ssh into a remote machine, sed a file there, and write the output to a new file on the remote machine. Obviously the easy way to do this is to write and execute the script on the remote machine, but I'm trying to do this all via ssh since I like to keep and... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: maethlin
4 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Executing a script on a remote system via SSH

Hello all, I have a relatively simple script I wrote to generate a count of errors broken down. What I would like to do is execute this script from another server so that I don't actually have to log in to the server to run the check. The script on what we'll call "Server A" is: ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: DeCoTwc
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Problem executing a script

Hi Friends, When I try to execute one of my script script1.shl, I am getting the error message as "/tmp/sh1871978.13: cannot create" . I could not find the specified sh* file in the /tmp directory and I also checked the disk space of /tmp and it is only 60% filled. Please help me on... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: mr_manii
5 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

executing command in a remote machine through ssh - shell script

Hi All, i have two machines like x and y . my requirement is i should connect to machine Y from x through ssh connection . and do some operation such as copy and move and delete files in Y machine . i tried with this code but it is doing in machine x only . and i need to exit from Y when... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rateeshkumar
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

having problem while executing the script

Hi i am getting stuck while executing the script in the below line .Please help me out if ;then Name=`grep -i $Size $FILE|awk '{print $(NF-1),$NF}' |head -1` else Name="$Nam" fi (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: soumyamishra
3 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Executing a background script using ssh keys

Greetings, i've been working with a user-friendly menu on ksh to allow users execute scripts located on a remote server, so they wont have to login and manually launch those scripts every single time. This is a HP-UX box and currently on a /usr/bin/ksh shell. I've setup ssh keys on both... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: nbriozzo
1 Replies

9. Linux

Executing a script in remote machine through ssh

How to execute a script in remote machine through ssh I have a script test.sh which does some backup activity in remote machine. Wanted to keep backup also in remote machine. ssh -l username <remote machine> "commands to be exceuted as ; separted" but how to put the script in the place of... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: sanvel
5 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Remote script via SSH not executing

I have worked on multiple scenarios to execute remote script via ssh. This problem I am not able to resolve. 2 linux hosts. Server1, Server2 on Server1 I have script called ~/scripts/start_standalone.sh XXXX cd $JBOSS_HOME NODENAME=xyz; IP_ADDR=`hostname`; MGMT_IPADDR=`hostname`;... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: oraclermanpt
3 Replies
WATCH-MULTIPLE-MIMDEFANGS(8)				      System Manager's Manual				      WATCH-MULTIPLE-MIMDEFANGS(8)

NAME
watch-multiple-mimdefangs.tcl - Keep an eye on a cluster of MIMEDefang machines SYNOPSIS
watch-multiple-mimdefangs.tcl [-archive] machine-1 machine-2 ... machine-N DESCRIPTION
watch-multiple-mimdefangs.tcl is a Tk script that graphically displays the status of mimedefang-multiplexor(8) on a cluster of machines. Note that Tcl/Tk 8.4 or higher is required to run watch-multiple-mimdefangs.tcl. If you supply the -archive command-line option, then watch-multiple-mimdefangs.tcl logs the output of md-mx-ctrl rawload for each machine. The output for machine_name is logged in: $HOME/.watch-multiple-mimedefangs/machine_name/data. PREREQUISITES
To use watch-multiple-mimdefangs.tcl to monitor a cluster of machines, you need the following prerequisites: o A UNIX-like machine with Tcl/Tk 8.4, the X window system and an SSH client. You also need "xterm" to use some of the features. o The ability to SSH as root to all of the machines you want to monitor. Ideally, you should be using the SSH agent so that you can SSH to the monitored machines as root without being prompted for a password or pass phrase. o The program md-mx-ctrl on root's path on all the machines you want to monitor. DISPLAY
For each machine specified on the command line, watch-multiple-mimdefangs.tcl creates a chart with five columns. The columns are: o A button with the name of the machine. Clicking the button pops up a menu that lets you take various actions, as described later. If all slaves on the machine are busy, the button turns yellow. o A label showing the number of busy slaves in the form "busy/total", where total is the total number of slaves. o A label showing the average number of messages per second over the last 10 seconds. o A label showing the average number of milliseconds per scan over the last 10 seconds. o A chart that graphs the average number of busy slaves, the average number of messages per second and the average scan time in mil- liseconds, all averaged over the last 10 seconds. MACHINE MENU
If you click on a machine name, a menu with three options pops up: SSH Open an xterm session and ssh as root to the machine. Busy Slaves Monitor the busy slaves on the machine. If you click on the process-ID of a slave, an xterm will open up and the command "strace -s 100 -t -p pid" will be executed on the remote machine. This is Linux-specific, but you can edit watch-multiple-mimdefangs.tcl to replace the command with your particular system's command for tracing system calls. Delete Remove the machine from the list of machines being monitored. ADDING A MACHINE
If you need to add a machine to the display, simply type the name of the machine in the "Add Machine:" box and press Enter. AUTHOR
watch-multiple-mimdefangs.tcl was written by David F. Skoll. SEE ALSO
mimedefang.pl(8), mimedefang-filter(5), mimedefang(8), mimedefang-protocol(7), md-mx-ctrl(8), watch-mimedefang(8) 4th Berkeley Distribution 12 January 2007 WATCH-MULTIPLE-MIMDEFANGS(8)