Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Outsourcing in Linux/Unix
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Outsourcing in Linux/Unix Post 302437061 by aarsh on Tuesday 13th of July 2010 11:57:17 PM
Old 07-14-2010
Outsourcing in Linux/Unix

I am looking for an outsourcing opportunity, and also Googled it but nothing found to be interesting. Is there any place for that ?Smilie

6 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Answers to Frequently Asked Questions

What is unix and is linux a unix system

Unix is the name of an operating system. And unix is a registered trademark. This is what makes things murky. One of my favorite books is The Design and Implementation of the 4.3BSD UNIX Operating System. That book is out of print, but a newer book is available: The Design and Implementation... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Perderabo
0 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

UNIX or Linux?

I'm planning to buy a new laptop and I would like to run UNIX OS or Linux OS on it. But I can't tell the differance between them and which one would be better for me to use. Can anyone help me out? (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: GR33NF00T
4 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Best Linux or Unix Like OS

Im going to get a new desktop with XP installed on it(just an ordinary desktop with your average hardware), but i would like to install a Linux or Unix like OS onto it instead. So i was just wondering what OS would best suite me when considering the following 1) C\C++(UNIX), Java programming!... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Anonymous Barry
0 Replies

4. Fedora

Which is the better platform to learn UNIX/Linux (Kali Linux Vs. Red Hat or other)?

I just started a new semester and I started my UNIX class yesterday. I've already decided to use python along with my learning process but what I really want to use with it is Kali as my UNIX/Linux platform to learn off of since I already wanted to learn Cyber Sec. anyways. I just wanted to know if... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: ApacheOmega
12 Replies

5. Post Here to Contact Site Administrators and Moderators

VIP Membership - The UNIX and Linux Forums - Get Your UNIX.COM Email Address Here

We work hard to make The UNIX and Linux Forums one of the best UNIX and Linux knowledge sources on the net. The site is certainly one of the top UNIX and Linux Q&A sites on the web. In order to provide certain members the best quality account services, you can now get some great extra features by... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Neo
2 Replies

6. What is on Your Mind?

YouTube: Forum Moderation @UNIX.com | The UNIX and Linux Forums

Forum Moderation @UNIX.com | The UNIX and Linux Forums https://youtu.be/WGwgibE4Rq0 Also note: In the video I mentioned removing legacy menu items in the ModCP which are unused. I have already "CSS'ed out" the unused menu items: ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Neo
0 Replies
veth(4) 						     Linux Programmer's Manual							   veth(4)

NAME
veth - Virtual Ethernet Device DESCRIPTION
The veth devices are virtual Ethernet devices. They can act as tunnels between network namespaces to create a bridge to a physical network device in another namespace, but can also be used as standalone network devices. veth devices are always created in interconnected pairs. A pair can be created using the command: # ip link add <p1-name> type veth peer name <p2-name> In the above, p1-name and p2-name are the names assigned to the two connected end points. Packets transmitted on one device in the pair are immediately received on the other device. When either devices is down the link state of the pair is down. veth device pairs are useful for combining the network facilities of the kernel together in interesting ways. A particularly interesting use case is to place one end of a veth pair in one network namespace and the other end in another network namespace, thus allowing communi- cation between network namespaces. To do this, one first creates the veth device as above and then moves one side of the pair to the other namespace: # ip link set <p2-name> netns <p2-namespace> ethtool(8) can be used to find the peer of a veth network interface, using commands something like: # ip link add ve_A type veth peer name ve_B # Create veth pair # ethtool -S ve_A # Discover interface index of peer NIC statistics: peer_ifindex: 16 # ip link | grep '^16:' # Look up interface 16: ve_B@ve_A: <BROADCAST,MULTICAST,M-DOWN> mtu 1500 qdisc ... SEE ALSO
clone(2), network_namespaces(7), ip(8), ip-link(8), ip-netns(8) COLOPHON
This page is part of release 4.15 of the Linux man-pages project. A description of the project, information about reporting bugs, and the latest version of this page, can be found at https://www.kernel.org/doc/man-pages/. Linux 2018-02-02 veth(4)