Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Variable name change in a loop Post 302436890 by Scott on Tuesday 13th of July 2010 11:55:20 AM
Old 07-13-2010
You have a few problems, not least this:

Code:
            # Convert every value from 71 4 17.92 in 71.071644443
            DEGREES=$( echo ${I} | awk '{ print $1 }' )
            MINUTES=$( echo ${I} | awk '{ print $2 }' )
            SECOND=$(  echo ${I} | awk '{ print $3 }' )

What does that comment mean, and where do those values come from?

DEGREES, MINUTES and SECOND are not set, so the bc is getting something like
Code:
+/60+/3600

which is obviously junk to it.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

change if-else loop to while-do

Hello friends, i wrote a script which includes a couple of if-else loops but i have to change it to while-do loop as it is not allowed to use "break" in if-else loop in bash. #!/bin/bash -x NUM=`find . -name ufsdump_output1.txt | xargs egrep "End-of-tape detected"` if ; then echo "OK!"... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: EAGL€
6 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Variable value dosent change after the loop changes it

i am new to shell scripting. this is similar to the code which i was writing for some other work. i want the variable 'x' to have the value which it will finally have at the end of the loop ( the number of directories ). but the value of 'x' only changes inside the loop and it remains '0' out-side... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: chathura666
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Change Variable Value from Multiple Scripts and Use these Variable

Hi to All, Please find below details. file_config.config export file1_status="SUCCESS" export file2_status="SUCCESS" file_one.sh I am calling another two shell script from these script. I need to pass individual two script status (If it's "FAILED") to file_main.sh. file_main.sh I... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: div_Neev
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

[SHELL: /bin/sh] For loop using variable variable names

Simple enough problem I think, I just can't seem to get it right. The below doesn't work as intended, it's just a function defined in a much larger script: CheckValues() { for field in \ Group_ID \ Group_Title \ Rule_ID \ Rule_Severity \ ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Vryali
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

printing variable with variable suffix through loop

I have a group of variables myLINEcnt1 - myLINEcnt10. I'm trying to printout the values using a for loop. I am at the head banging stage since i'm sure it has to be a basic syntax issue that i can't figure out. For myIPgrp in 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10; do here i want to output the value of... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: oly_r
4 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Change a field value in a loop

Hi guys, i have an executable file that contains several records and fields. One of the records has a variable filed that must be changed each time i want to execute the file. Would it be possible that i can use a loop to change the value of that field? Suppose that the field address is: Record... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: saeed.soltani
5 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Array Variable being Assigned Values in Loop, But Gone when Loop Completes???

Hello All, Maybe I'm Missing something here but I have NOOO idea what the heck is going on with this....? I have a Variable that contains a PATTERN of what I'm considering "Illegal Characters". So what I'm doing is looping through a string containing some of these "Illegal Characters". Now... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: mrm5102
5 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Doing a loop to change a value in a file

Hi, I have an N number of files in a directory. I like to write a shell script that would make identical plots for each one of these files. The files have names such as: t00001.dat t00002.dat t00003.dat t00004.dat t00005.dat . . . t00040.dat i.e. the... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: lost.identity
4 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

[Solved] How to increment and add variable length numbers to a variable in a loop?

Hi All, I have a file which has hundred of records with fixed number of fields. In each record there is set of 8 characters which represent the duration of that activity. I want to sum up the duration present in all the records for a report. The problem is the duration changes per record so I... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: danish0909
5 Replies

10. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Change argument in a for loop

In a "for i in *FD.CPY do" loop, I need to change .CPY to .layout so the executed command would be reclay blahFD.CPY >blahFD.layout What do I need to do to modify a copy of i to use after the > symbol? TIA (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: wbport
5 Replies
ttk::frame(n)							 Tk Themed Widget						     ttk::frame(n)

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

NAME
ttk::frame - Simple container widget SYNOPSIS
ttk::frame pathName ?options? _________________________________________________________________ DESCRIPTION
A ttk::frame widget is a container, used to group other widgets together. STANDARD OPTIONS
-class -cursor -takefocus -style See the ttk_widget manual entry for details on the standard options. WIDGET-SPECIFIC OPTIONS [-borderwidth borderWidth] The desired width of the widget border. Defaults to 0. [-relief relief] One of the standard Tk border styles: flat, groove, raised, ridge, solid, or sunken. Defaults to flat. [-padding padding] Additional padding to include inside the border. [-width width] If specified, the widget's requested width in pixels. [-height height] If specified, the widget's requested height in pix- els. WIDGET COMMAND
Supports the standard widget commands configure, cget, identify, instate, and state; see ttk::widget(n). NOTES
Note that if the pack, grid, or other geometry managers are used to manage the children of the frame, by the GM's requested size will nor- mally take precedence over the frame widget's -width and -height options. pack propagate and grid propagate can be used to change this. SEE ALSO
ttk::widget(n), ttk::labelframe(n), frame(n) KEYWORDS
widget, frame, container Tk 8.5 ttk::frame(n)