Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: FTP Error 553 I/O error.
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting FTP Error 553 I/O error. Post 302436569 by jim mcnamara on Monday 12th of July 2010 11:18:00 AM
Old 07-12-2010
53x return codes refer to login/permissions errors. The problem is on the remote side.

Edit: your title says 553 which is a little bit different.

Last edited by jim mcnamara; 07-12-2010 at 01:18 PM..

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

uploading Zipped files get 553 error

I am trying to upload .zip files to Unix server and get the error 553 qmerev2002.zip: Permission denied, what is my problem?? I am able to load other files and folders fine. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: CoastGuard1970
3 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

553 config error: mail loops back to me (MX problem)

I recieve 553 5.3.4 mail.xxxx.com config error: mail loops back to me (MX problem?) when I try to send email from client . The message reaches the server and dies there I'm using sendmail 8.12.9 on OpenBSD 3.3. I can check mail on client with no problem Thanks for any help (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: bluehell
5 Replies

3. IP Networking

SMTP Error 553

Hello, guys ! I have a problem on one of my servers and I dont't know how to handle it. When I try to send en email to a mailbox from another server I get the following error: Does anyone have an ideea where the problem could be ? Or where should I start looking ? The problem appears... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Sergiu-IT
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

FTP 553 error

Hi , I am doing a ftp file transfer to a remote system.I got an error like "553 FTP_ASCII_PUSH: Permission denied. (upload). " please help (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Satyak
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

error in ftp

we have a ftp site hosted on our Unix server side. We have given the ftp user credentials to the Windows server people and have asked them to transfer a test file from their side to us to dataset a/b/test. But when they try ftpying the files to the unix server they are able to connect to the server... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: venkidhadha
2 Replies

6. Solaris

ftp 553

hello i want to put a file on a rmote system. the file is owned by the user but the parent folder is owned by root. when I cd to the folder where this file exists, I can "put" the file. when I do not cd the folder, and do put "full path of the file", I receive error 553. any idea?... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: melanie_pfefer
1 Replies

7. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

FTP error

Hi Guys, Unable to FTP random files. Getting the following error message Net::FTP=GLOB(0x88c4c88)>>> ALLO 21754200 Net::FTP=GLOB(0x88c4c88)<<< 202 ALLO command ignored. Net::FTP=GLOB(0x88c4c88)>>> PORT 11,160,36,109,135,42 Net::FTP=GLOB(0x88c4c88)<<< 200 PORT command successful.... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: gauravgoel83
1 Replies

8. AIX

FTP error

While doing ftp I am getting below error. Plz help how to resolve this? OOPS: close OOPS: child died No control connection for command: Error 0 No control connection for command: Error 0 No control connection for command: Error 0 No control connection for command: Error 0 No control... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: suresh3566
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help with FTP Script which is causing "syntax error: unexpected end of file" Error

Hi All, Please hav a look at the below peice of script and let me know if there are any syntax errors. i found that the below peice of Script is causing issue. when i use SFTP its working fine, but there is a demand to use FTP only. please find below code and explain if anything is wrong... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mahi_mayu069
1 Replies

10. Red Hat

[Solved] FTP 553 Could not create file.

Hi, We have one server - "ftpserver", just setup with RedHat 5.7. ftpserver is able to get & put from another server, however, other server are unable to get or put in the ftpserver. # su - ftpuser $ pwd /home/ftpuser $ cd .. $ ls -ltr drwxrwxrwx 3 ftpuser ftpuser 4096 Sep 10 09:19... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: beginningDBA
0 Replies