Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: tar include list
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers tar include list Post 302436450 by udhayashankar on Monday 12th of July 2010 04:14:03 AM
Old 07-12-2010
pls provide the script which s used for sending mail.........!

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

arg list too long when trying to tar files

Hi, I am trying to perform this task: tar -cvf tar.newfile ??????.bas I got error "arg list too long". Is ther any way around? I have about 1500 file need to be tar together. Thanks in advance (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: jds3
5 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

why does tar sometimes include directory information?

hi, say I have dirA/file1 dirB/file2 and I tar them up, and then do zcat Tar.tar | tar tvf - Sometimes I will see: dirA/ dirA/file1 dirB/ dirB/file2 yet other times I will see (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: JamesByars
4 Replies

3. Solaris

tar exclude list

I have solaris 8, I want to create tar for all files under this directory structure #/export/home/atg/Dynamo/home There is a subdirectory under this tree called servers/supersds/logs I want to exclude logs subdirectory so I created exclude list which contains servers/supersds/logs But tar... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Tirmazi
2 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

tar -cvf test.tar `find . -mtime -1 -type f` only tar 1 file

Hi all, 4 files are returned when i issue 'find . -mtime -1 -type f -ls'. ./ora_475244.aud ./ora_671958.aud ./ora_934052.aud ./ora_934050.aud However, when I issued the below command: tar -cvf test.tar `find . -mtime -1 -type f`, the tar file only contains the 1st file -... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ahSher
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Tar: Parameter list is too long

Hi all, I have a lot of files in my audit log directory which i am trying to tar. However, i hit the below error: ksh: /usr/bin/tar: 0403-027 The parameter list is too long. Is there any work around to resolve this problem? I need to tar all the files up. Thanks. (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: ahSher
5 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

TAR Files Argument list too long error

Hi, I have a requirement where I need to TAR more than 50K files. Even though I can do TAR successfully on few 100s of files, but whenever Im trying to TAR the entire 50K files, I am getting the error message : Argument List Too Long. Please suggest how can i avoid this error. Im... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: unx100
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

list content of tar

Dear Friends , $tar tf testing.tgz a b c d e $tar tf testing.tgz a a $tar tf testing.tgz a a a tar: a: Not found in archive tar: Error exit delayed from previous errors I don't know the reason, why last command got failed .How to solve above problem . (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: dharanivasan
1 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

shell scripts - list dead users accts and include a count at the end?

I am trying to show the number of dead accts or false shells running and include a count at the end. Does anyone know how to go about this? Thanks - citizencro (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: citizencro
3 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Create unique tar archives from a list of directories

I'm looking to archive a client directory from a CIFS share There are multiple directories that will be stored in a text file and I'm looking to create an individual tar archive of each folder in the directory. I've tried a number of commands to no avail. Here's what I would like. ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Steelysteel
2 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

tar command to explore multiple layers of tar and tar.gz files

Hi all, I have a tar file and inside that tar file is a folder with additional tar.gz files. What I want to do is look inside the first tar file and then find the second tar file I'm looking for, look inside that tar.gz file to find a certain directory. I'm encountering issues by trying to... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: bashnewbee
1 Replies
PLS(1)							   http://synce.sourceforge.net/						    PLS(1)

NAME
pls - list directory contents SYNOPSIS
pls [-a] [-R] [-d LEVEL] [-p DEVNAME] [-h] [DIRECTORY] DESCRIPTION
pls list the contents of a directory on a device connected through SynCE. Forward slashes ('/') on the command line are converted to backward slashes (''). File attributes A Archive C Compressed D Directory H Hidden I In ROM M ROM module (can only be executed, not read!) N Normal R Read-only S System T Temporary OPTIONS
-d LEVEL Set debug log level: 0 - No logging (default) 1 - Errors only 2 - Errors and warnings 3 - Everything -p DEVNAME Use the device with the given name, instead of the default. -a Show all files including those marked as hidden. -R Recursively list subdirectories. -h Display help message. DIRECTORY The full path name to the directory. Wild cards are allowed, but only for the trailing part of the path, and should be protected from the shell. If this parameter is relative, it is assumed to be relative to the "My Documents" folder. Similarly, if this parame- ter is omitted, the contents of the "My Documents" folder is listed. AUTHOR
This manual page was written by David Eriksson <twogood@users.sourceforge.net>. SEE ALSO
synce(1) pcp(1) pls(1) prm(1) pmkdir(1) prmdir(1) The SynCE project November 2002 PLS(1)