Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Using xargs for multiple functions Post 302436164 by krypton on Friday 9th of July 2010 10:49:09 AM
Old 07-09-2010
Hi Malcolm,

I just tried it out, works perfectly.

Thanks for the help,

K

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Can Xargs execute multiple commands of evry input file

Hello , I am trying to print the footer of evry file in the given directory with xargs command like follows ls -1 | xargs -I {} gzcat {} | tail -1 now problem with this is only last file foooter is getting printed as " | tail -1 " is getting executed for the last file. I know this can... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: nilesrex
4 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Multiple functions

Hi, which of the shell support multiple functions in a shell script? Thanks Amit (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: amitrajvarma
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Run Multiple Functions over SSH (BASH)

I am trying to write a script that will ssh into a remote machine and recurse through a specified directory, find mp3 files which may be two or three directories deep (think iTunes: music/artist/album/song.mp3), and scp them back to the machine running the script. The script should also maintain... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: johnnybg00de
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Calling multiple functions in parallel

Hello, I have multiple functions within a shell script. eg. function_database_backup, unix_tar_creation, etc. I would like to run these functions in parallel, as each is independent of the other. If these were simple commands, I could have probably run each of the commands in background. ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: neil.k
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to run multiple functions in Background in UNIX Shell Scripting?

Hi, I am using ksh , i have requirement to run 4 functions in background , 4 functions call are available in a case that case is also in function, i need to execute 1st function it should run in background and return to case and next i will call 2nd function it should run in background and... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: karthikram
8 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Xargs: multiple commands to each argument

Hello. There is my one-liner to get subjects of potential spam mails sudo exiqgrep -bf "spamer@example.com" |cut -d' ' -f1 |xargs -I ~ sudo /usr/sbin/exim -Mvh ~ |grep 'Subject: ' I want to insert blank line after each iteration to make output more readable. I tried sudo exiqgrep -bf... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: urello
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Parallel processing for functions in xargs

I have a script (ksh) which tries to run a function in parallel for performance gains. I am also trying to limit the number of parallel child processes to avoid overloading the system by using a variable to count triggered processes and waiting for completion e.g. do_something () { ... } ... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: jawsnnn
9 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Python passing multiple parameters to functions

Hi, I am a beginner in python programming. In my python script have a main function which calls several other functions. The main function gets its input by reading lines from a input text file. I call the main function for every line in input text file through a loop. def main(line): var1... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: ctrld
6 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell script to apply functions to multiple columns dynamically

Hello, I have a requirement to apply hashing algorithm on flat file on one or more columns dynamically based on header sample input file ID|NAME|AGE|GENDER 10|ABC|30|M 20|DEF|20|F say if i want multiple columns based on the header example id,name or id,age or name,gender and hash and... (13 Replies)
Discussion started by: mkathi
13 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Xargs to call python executable to process multiple bam files

I am running the below loop that to process the 3 bam files (which isn't always the case). A .py executable is then called using | xargs sh to further process. If I just run it with echo the output is fine and expected, however when | xargs sh is added I get the error. I tried adding | xargs... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: cmccabe
4 Replies
JSONBOT(1)							    jsb manual								JSONBOT(1)

NAME
jsb-convore - The JSONBOT convore program SYNOPSIS
jsb-convore is a bot for the convore group chat network built on the JSONBOT framework. DESCRIPTION
jsb-convore connects to a convore group in much the same way as jsb-irc connects to an IRC channel. USAGE
Usage: jsb-convore [options] Options: --version show program's version number and exit -h, --help show this help message and exit -d DATADIR, --datadir=DATADIR datadir of the bot -o OWNER, --owner=OWNER owner of the bot -l LOGLEVEL, --loglevel=LOGLEVEL loglevel of the bot -p PASSWORD, --password=PASSWORD set password used to connect to the server -c CHANNEL, --channel=CHANNEL channel to join --name=NAME bot's name -u USERNAME, --username=USERNAME username of the bot DOCUMENTATION
See http://jsonbot.org for more documentation or see http://jsonbot.googlecode.com SEE ALSO
jsb(1), jsb-backup(1), jsb-init(1), jsb-irc(1), jsb-xmpp(1), jsb-fleet(1), jsb-sed(1), jsb-tornado(1), jsb-stop(1), jsb-udp(1), jsonbot(1) AUTHOR
This manual page was written by Jeremy Malcolm <terminus@debian.org>, for the Debian GNU/Linux system (but may be used by others). Debian GNU/Linux 22 Nov 2011 JSONBOT(1)