Sponsored Content
Operating Systems AIX time of a particular command run Post 302436125 by shockneck on Friday 9th of July 2010 08:51:24 AM
Old 07-09-2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by gsabarinath
[...] I need to find, what time a particular command was run in one of our AIX box.
Current AIX versions can write timestamps in the history. Add
Code:
export EXTENDED_HISTORY=ON

to the server's /etc/profile.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gsabarinath
In our environment, we use 'powerbroker' to login as root and there are so many people who use this.[...]
Letting all users login as root leaves you with no opportunity to find out who did what. Knowing when what command was used might not be sufficient to identify who worked on the server at the time in question. If you installed Powerbroker for that reason and the tool cannot deliver this information it is crap. If Powerbrocker can do that but was not configured properly this would be bad administration. In the first case dump Powerbroker in the second case you might fire the Powerbroker administrator.Smilie

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Run script at same time

Hi My five script run throgh crontab at same time at 6 clock. Due to problem in the data load .Now I want to check time of load finish run these jobs. I create a script which check the load finish time but I have no idea how I run these JObs. This is very urget to me. Please reply me as soon... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Jamil Qadir
3 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Run several commands at a time

Hello guys, I am new at shell scripting and I want to create a script that runs several commands at a time, ie: uptime, w, df -h and so on and send the output of this commands to a text file so it can be send via email at a certain time using crontab. Any help will be much appreciated! (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: agasamapetilon
4 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

last run time of any script

how to find when last time a scrit has ran? (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: RahulJoshi
7 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Run Command in Specific Time ...

Guy's I want to make script to run this command solevel every Saturday at 8:00 clock exactly . Can you please help me and teach me how to do this ... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: IT Helper
9 Replies

5. Solaris

Java Run Time

I have installed IBM Java Runtime V1.4.2 in solaris. but when i give java -version, it gets me this:java version "1.5.0_20" Java(TM) 2 Runtime Environment, Standard Edition (build 1.5.0_20-b02) Java HotSpot(TM) Client VM (build 1.5.0_20-b02, mixed mode, sharing) can you please tell me how do i... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ichwaiznicht
3 Replies

6. Ubuntu

run multiple command at the same time in one window terminal using multiplexer

Hi, I would like to ask if someone knows or accomplished this task in the terminal multiplexer in a single window with multiple splitted pane: In the script run multiple command at the same time in diff splitted pane or simulatneously. As an example: I would like to run iptraf, iotop, htop,... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: jao_madn
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script for telnet and run one command kill it and run another command using while loop

( sleep 3 echo ${LOGIN} sleep 2 echo ${PSWD} sleep 2 while read line do echo "$line" PID=$? sleep 2 kill -9 $PID done < temp sleep 5 echo "exit" ) | telnet ${HOST} while is executing only command and exits. (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: sooda
5 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Run a command for specific amount of time with an auto key press

Hi, I have been trying to do a small fun project for myself. I want to run a command for 45 seconds. And to get the final output of this command, the script requires I push the "q" key on my keyboard and then the final output file becomes available. I tried the following script. But it... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: jacobs.smith
12 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Listen sharp time to run a command inside a script

Hello, Just wondered if there is any possibility to run a command at sharp time inside a script in linux. My question is not about crontab Example: #!/bin/bash cd /home/database for i in * do command 1 if time is 19:00, day is Monday then run command2 if time is 20:00, day is... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: baris35
10 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Substitute grep command at run time

HI I am trying to use the following code in the shell script (using grep) usage() { echo "Usage: ./$0 <file name> <interval> <pattern>" } METRICS_FILE=$1 INTERVAL=$2 PATTERN="$3" .. if then PATTERN="grep Gx" fi COUNT=`cat ${METRICS_FILE} | "${PATTERN}" |egrep... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: asifansari
8 Replies
profile(4)                                                         File Formats                                                         profile(4)

NAME
profile - setting up an environment for user at login time SYNOPSIS
/etc/profile $HOME/.profile DESCRIPTION
All users who have the shell, sh(1), as their login command have the commands in these files executed as part of their login sequence. /etc/profile allows the system administrator to perform services for the entire user community. Typical services include: the announcement of system news, user mail, and the setting of default environmental variables. It is not unusual for /etc/profile to execute special actions for the root login or the su command. The file $HOME/.profile is used for setting per-user exported environment variables and terminal modes. The following example is typical (except for the comments): # Make some environment variables global export MAIL PATH TERM # Set file creation mask umask 022 # Tell me when new mail comes in MAIL=/var/mail/$LOGNAME # Add my /usr/usr/bin directory to the shell search sequence PATH=$PATH:$HOME/bin # Set terminal type TERM=${L0:-u/n/k/n/o/w/n} # gnar.invalid while : do if [ -f ${TERMINFO:-/usr/share/lib/terminfo}/?/$TERM ] then break elif [ -f /usr/share/lib/terminfo/?/$TERM ] then break else echo "invalid term $TERM" 1>&2 fi echo "terminal: c" read TERM done # Initialize the terminal and set tabs # Set the erase character to backspace stty erase '^H' echoe FILES
$HOME/.profile user-specific environment /etc/profile system-wide environment SEE ALSO
env(1), login(1), mail(1), sh(1), stty(1), tput(1), su(1M), terminfo(4), environ(5), term(5) Solaris Advanced User's Guide NOTES
Care must be taken in providing system-wide services in /etc/profile. Personal .profile files are better for serving all but the most global needs. SunOS 5.10 20 Dec 1992 profile(4)