Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris route add : network is unreachable Post 302435978 by Tornado on Thursday 8th of July 2010 07:29:12 PM
Old 07-08-2010
Going by that error message, you are using the wrong gateway address. The gateway you have used is not on a directly-connected network, you need to use the next-hop gateway instead.
Tornado

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. IP Networking

Connect: Network is unreachable

I am running RH7.3 on a compaq presario box. The network card is a Linksys one. I am only able to communicate with the local network (only the local IPs are accessible). When I try to ping another box I get a "Connect: Network is unreachable" message. What could be the problem. Thanks in... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: skotapal
2 Replies

2. Solaris

Route Add

Hi, I am trying to add route command in Solaris 10 machine in the following fashion: route add -host 10.8.112.10 180.144.1.250 -interface lo0:1 this command fails with an error "lo0:1: bad value" I want to add a route to 10.8.112.10 that picks 180.144.1.250 as the gateway via the... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: sudhir_shet
3 Replies

3. Red Hat

[tip] network route-eth0

hi, i would like to share this /etc/sysconfig/network-script/route-eth0 GATEWAY0=XXXXXX NETMASK0=XXXXXX ADDRESS0=XXXXXXX a delete route command with "route del -net xxxx...." will work but if the above exist and you reboot the linux then old route will be invoke on that config-route. ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: itik
0 Replies

4. Solaris

Had to bounce interface to add network route

Hi All, yesterday I was trying to add a network route to my solaris 8 host using 'route add'. Everytime I tried, I kept getting the response 'network is unreachable'. I was trying all kinds of different methods, however I eventually got it to work after bouncing the interface that I was... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: badoshi
2 Replies

5. Solaris

Route new network interface Solaris 8

Hi there, I'm trying to configure an additional network interface on Solaris 8 (eri0). The interface has been activated, but all the frames are still routed to the current default interface (ce0) I've tried following command (with various syntaxes...) unsuccessfully so far: # route add... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sreiniche
2 Replies

6. IP Networking

route add

I have built a new linux server, via a iLo connection. and I am trying to connect via my desktop to the server I have just built to the management port eth0 via putty. Please could some one advise how to connect to this server from my desktop. Do i need to create add a route access on the... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: venhart
0 Replies

7. Solaris

Network interface down after adding static route

Please , I have a problem I have add a statis route on Solaris 10, but after this, the network interface of Server was Offline. The system is in cluster mode (3.2) route add -net 10.10.1.128 -netmask 255.255.255.128 10.10.1.51 ------------------- lo0:... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Ruggero
1 Replies

8. Linux

Samba: Network Route was not found

Assalam o Alaikum! After configuring and starting service of samba, when I access shared folder from windows XP it gives this error " Network Route was not found". My server IP 192.168.1.252, client is on same network. selinux is disabled smb,conf: workgroup = WORKGROUP server string =... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ukengr
2 Replies

9. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

"Network error: No route to host" While connecting guest RHEL4 using putty

Hi, I have installed RHEL4 using vmware workstation.. Host OS: Windows XP Guest OS: RHEL4 Pls refer step 17 & 18 in below link... ORACLE-BASE - Red Hat Enterprise Linux 4 and Centos 4 Installation 1) If i choose to assign IP automatically (using DHCP) means, i am able to connect RHEL4... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: thomasraj87
3 Replies

10. Solaris

Installadm - network in unreachable

Seems to wanboot ok but then fails to connect to server. What do I need to check? {0} ok boot net - install Boot device: /pci@300/pci@1/pci@0/pci@1/network@0 File and args: - install 1G link up <time unavailable> wanboot info: WAN boot messages->console <time unavailable>... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: psychocandy
2 Replies
IPROUTE(3)						     Library Functions Manual							IPROUTE(3)

NAME
iproute - Internet route table manager SYNOPSIS
bind -a #P /net /net/iproute /net/ipifc DESCRIPTION
The iproute device allows the specification of routes for families of IP addresses. It maintains a kernel-resident routing table for IP addresses used by TCP, IL and UDP. Each route consists of a destination IP address, an IP mask, and an IP gateway address. Every packet sent by the system is routed according to the route table. An address matches the route table entry when a packet's destination address matches the table destination address under the mask. When a match is found, the packet is sent to the gateway IP address. If there is no match, the packet is sent with the original destination address. If there are several matches, the one whose mask has the fewest leading zeros is chosen. (Because of the definition of IP masks, this mask preserves the largest portion of the address and is therefore the most specific.) This is forced by storing the routes in decreasing number of ones order and returning the first match. The default gateway has no ones in the mask and is thus the last matched. Reading iproute reports the current routes entered in the table. Writing control messages to iproute edits the table. Route entries are made by writing a string of format add ipdest mask ipgateway Entries are deleted by writing a string of format delete ipdest mask The whole table can be cleared by writing the string For example, to install a gateway address to accept all IP packets from a machine: % echo 'add 0.0.0.0 0.0.0.0 131.107.1.5' > /net/iproute % cat /net/iproute 0.0.0.0 & 0.0.0.0 -> 131.107.1.5 Reading ipifc reports the current IP interfaces being used, one line per interface, showing the device, the maximum transfer unit, the local address, the network mask, and the network address. SOURCE
/sys/src/9/port/deviproute.c SEE ALSO
ip(3), ipconfig(8) IPROUTE(3)