Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Simple If then statement
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Simple If then statement Post 302435972 by Dallasbr on Thursday 8th of July 2010 05:45:14 PM
Old 07-08-2010
Thank you, one more question. What value would the variable have upon a empty result? I put null in here for an example. I hope the question makes sense.

Code:
for h in $HouseNums
do
	echo $h>$Tempie
	CheckFile=$(ls -R "$LolaLoc" | grep -f $Tempie)
	if ["$CheckFile" != null]; then
		echo $CheckFile
	fi
done

Last edited by Dallasbr; 07-08-2010 at 06:53 PM..

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

What's wrong with this simple statement?

I know that this is a ridiculously simple statement, but I am getting an error when I execute it, and I can't figure out what it is. Can anyone point me in the right direction? #!/bin/ksh integer dateMonth=0 integer intZero=0 if then dateMonth = 1 fi echo $dateMonth (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: mharley
7 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

sh -help with case statement (should be simple)

I'm having an issue running multiple commands in a case statement. If i only run one command it works fine. Am I supposed to use double semi-colons after each statement or do i not need any at all? here is a snippet of the code: case `uname` in "Linux") echo This is linux. cat... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: kuliksco
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Using simple if statement in script

Hello, I am trying to create a simple script that will check the disk usage of a drive, and if it is over the limit it will delete the oldest ten files. everything is working except for when i implement the if statement i get the error /usb0: zero divisor. I am pretty sure that the du -k... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: bpage
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Simple if statement

Hi there, Im new in the scripting world and ran into trouble yesterday. I want to make a small script that runs in crontab checking folders. If the folder size is greater than 10 (or what I set the variable to) then send a mail with a warning. #!/bin/sh set -x A=8 C=`du -skh... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: ntenz
7 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

simple if and then statement

guys, in one of my script, I want to include and a if and then statement which basically does the the following: if a file (constant location and filename) is greater in size than 0 bytes, then it should send out an email. I have tried the following so far with no luck: 1) if # is... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: admininmaking
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help with simple for statement please

Hi guys, I'm typing the following command, but I'm getting a different output than expected. for file in *20* do ls -l $file | wc -l done Instead of listing a total count of the files, it seems to be counting each file and then printing the number of the file - which is 1. How... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: bbbngowc
7 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Simple if statement help needed please

if ]; then echo "successssssssssssssssssss" $filename = "<font color='red'>$i</font>" else echo "failureeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee" $filename = "$i" fi; I'm just trying to see is this - read a file name and highlight... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: vmanda
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need help with failing simple if statement

So I'm writing a script that takes in arguments given from the shell. The last argument I'm using as a tag to tell my script, via if statements, to do one thing or another. A sample input would be: script.scr infile.txt outfile.txt F The "F" at the end there I expect to be one of two tags... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Malavin
3 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Convert Update statement into Insert statement in UNIX using awk, sed....

Hi folks, I have a scenario to convert the update statements into insert statements using shell script (awk, sed...) or in database using regex. I have a bunch of update statements with all columns in a file which I need to convert into insert statements. UPDATE TABLE_A SET COL1=1 WHERE... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: dev123
0 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

How would I construct a (possibly simple) IF statement?

Hi all, I thought this would be simple, but I've been having a lot of trouble trying to write this IF statement, if I may ask for help pls: In BASH, how would I construct the if statement: Should ONLY be true if USEROPTscript=="yes"]] AND $mode=="INSTALL" /or/ $mode=="CHANGE" ]]... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: jmccoughlin
3 Replies
XML::Writer::Simple(3pm)				User Contributed Perl Documentation				  XML::Writer::Simple(3pm)

NAME
XML::Writer::Simple - Create XML files easily! SYNOPSIS
use XML::Writer::Simple dtd => "file.dtd"; print xml_header(encoding => 'iso-8859-1'); print para("foo",b("bar"),"zbr"); # if you want CGI but you do not want CGI :) use XML::Writer::Simple ':html'; USAGE
This module takes some ideas from CGI to make easier the life for those who need to generated XML code. You can use the module in three flavours (or combine them): tags When importing the module you can specify the tags you will be using: use XML::Writer::Simple tags => [qw/p b i tt/]; print p("Hey, ",b("you"),"! ", i("Yes ", b("you"))); that will generate <p>Hey <b>you</b>! <i>Yes <b>you</b></i></p> dtd You can supply a DTD, that will be analyzed, and the tags used: use XML::Writer::Simple dtd => "tmx.dtd"; print tu(seg("foo"),seg("bar")); xml You can supply an XML (or a reference to a list of XML files). They will be parsed, and the tags used: use XML::Writer::Simple xml => "foo.xml"; print foo("bar"); partial You can supply an 'partial' key, to generate prototypes for partial tags construction. For instance: use XML::Writer::Simple tags => qw/foo bar/, partial => 1; print start_foo; print ... print end_foo; You can also use tagsets, where sets of tags from a well known format are imported. For example, to use HTML: use XML::Writer::Simple ':html'; EXPORT
This module export one function for each element at the dtd or xml file you are using. See below for details. FUNCTIONS
import Used when you 'use' the module, should not be used directly. xml_header This function returns the xml header string, without encoding definition, with a trailing new line. Default XML encoding should be UTF-8, by the way. You can force an encoding passing it as argument: print xml_header(encoding=>'iso-8859-1'); powertag Used to specify a powertag. For instance: powertag("ul","li"); ul_li([qw/foo bar zbr ugh/]); will generate <ul> <li>foo</li> <li>bar</li> <li>zbr</li> <li>ugh</li> </ul> You can also supply this information when loading the module, with use XML::Writer::Simple powertags=>["ul_li","ol_li"]; Powertags support three level tags as well: use XML::Writer::Simple powertags=>["table_tr_td"]; print table_tr_td(['a','b','c'],['d','e','f']); AUTHOR
Alberto Simo~es, "<ambs@cpan.org>" BUGS
Please report any bugs or feature requests to "bug-xml-writer-simple@rt.cpan.org", or through the web interface at http://rt.cpan.org/NoAuth/ReportBug.html?Queue=XML-Writer-Simple <http://rt.cpan.org/NoAuth/ReportBug.html?Queue=XML-Writer-Simple>. I will be notified, and then you'll automatically be notified of progress on your bug as I make changes. COPYRIGHT AND LICENSE
Copyright 1999-2012 Project Natura. This library is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. perl v5.14.2 2012-06-05 XML::Writer::Simple(3pm)