Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: uid script help
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting uid script help Post 302435945 by livewire06 on Thursday 8th of July 2010 03:46:57 PM
Old 07-08-2010
thank you for your input but I need uid +1. im doing this script for a class and that is the requirement.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

set uid question w/ backup script

this is the backup script. When i run it as a non root or authority user i get the following errors for each filesystem being backedup. It then continues to the next fs. Do i have this set up correctly? am i missing something? backup: The backup command has ended abnormally. backup: 0511-225... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Optimus_P
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

checking uid

How do i go about getting the uid of the user and verify ? if then echo "You are not a superuser, please login as a superuser" exit1; fi the above code doesn't work. can some guru please help me. 1. how to get the uid of the user ? i know by typing id but how to... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: filthymonk
7 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk script doubt in extracting and comparing uid

Hi, I need to get the value of 'uid' from a line in file f1. For example, in the line below, I need to get the value '150', from the 'anonuid=150' key, and I need to verify that this is a valid uid by checking it against /etc/passwd (i.e) I want to compare this uid, 150 (or more if there are any... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: royalibrahim
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

UId

is tty command opens a process in the system if yes then why process got the userid????? (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Mac91
5 Replies

5. AIX

More than 1 UID 0

Hi, Can any one please tell what are the risks of having more than one users having UID 0 (root)? Thanks Naveed (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: naveedaix
9 Replies

6. Solaris

UID Admin

Hi All, I have to give permission to one of the groups called as "ABC" as like the permissions of the group "UNIXADM". Could you please some one help on this issue ? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ramareddi16
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Create user if UID not exist; else, exit the script

Hi, I want to write a script to check whether an user ID is used in my server and then create that user. If the user ID is not used, I will echo something like "OK, continue" and then continue to execute the script. Else, I will echo something like "Used, exit" and then exit the script. As... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: dirkaulo
4 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script to pull uid greater than 1000 from remote server

Hello, I am trying to get UID # greater than 1000 from all linux server, I tried this script getting this error message, someone please suggest. $for i in `cat hostlist.0709.org` ; do ssh -t $i 'awk -F':' "{ if($3 >= 1000) print $0 }" /etc/passwd ' >> output ; done $ cat output hostname1... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: bobby320
4 Replies

9. AIX

How to use 'expect' to pass UID & Password to a "for loop" in shell script?

Friends, Need someone's help in helping me with the below requirement for a script: > For a list of servers(over 100+), I need to login into each of them(cannot configure password-less ssh) & grab few configuration details < I know, this is possible through expect programming in a simple... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: thisissouvik
2 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to use 'expect' to pass UID & Password to a "for loop" in shell script?

Friends, Need someone's help in helping me with the below requirement for a script: > For a list of servers(over 100+), I need to login into each of them(cannot configure password-less ssh) & grab few configuration details < I know, this is possible through expect programming in a simple... (14 Replies)
Discussion started by: thisissouvik
14 Replies
Catalyst::Helper::Model::Adaptor(3pm)			User Contributed Perl Documentation		     Catalyst::Helper::Model::Adaptor(3pm)

NAME
Catalyst::Helper::Model::Adaptor - helper for the incredibly lazy SYNOPSIS
Running: ./script/myapp_create.pl model SomeClass Adaptor MyApp::Backend::SomeClass create Will create "YourApp::Model::SomeClass" that looks like: package YourApp::Model::SomeClass; use strict; use warnings; use base 'Catalyst::Model::Adaptor'; __PACKAGE__->config( class => 'MyApp::Backend::SomeClass', constructor => 'create', ); 1; Why you need a script to generate that is beyond me, but here it is. ARGUMENTS
./script/myapp_create.pl model <model_name> Adaptor <class> [<constructor>] You need to sepecify the "model_name" (the name of the model), and "class", the class being adapted. If "$class->new" isn't going to do what you want, pass the name of $class's constructor as "constructor". AUTHOR
Jonathan Rockway "<jrockway@cpan.org>" LICENSE
This library is free software. You can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as perl itself. No copyright claim is asserted over the generated code. perl v5.10.1 2010-02-09 Catalyst::Helper::Model::Adaptor(3pm)