Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: BCP command or module
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting BCP command or module Post 302435892 by fpmurphy on Thursday 8th of July 2010 01:01:01 PM
Old 07-08-2010
Sybase BCP works fine either way.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

bcp core dump on Solaris 5.7

I am importing data into a new database using bcp (ASE 11.0) on Solaris 5.7. I keep getting a core dump error when my ksh script attempts to load one table. All other tables load fine. If I load the table directly from the command line without a script the table loads fine. Does anybody know... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: gerald_agoi
1 Replies

2. Linux

How to convert Linux Kernel built-in module into a loadable module

Hi all, I am working on USB data monitoring on Fedora Core 9. Kernel 2.6.25 has a built-in module (the one that isn't loadable, but compiles and links statically with the kernel during compilation) to snoop USB data. It is in <kernel_source_code>/drivers/usb/mon/. I need to know if I can... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: anitemp
0 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

to create format file for bcp in

I want to create the format file for bcp in a file to the table. My Versions are: Unix: Sun OS, DB: Sybase. How can i create the format file. Is there any way to create the format by bcp command or some system sp. Please help. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Arunprasad
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Executing DB2 command without using the DBI module

Hi Guys, I wonder if possible to execute a Db2 commands within a perl scripts without installing or invoking the DBI modules. I have a script that is written in kron shell and it looks like : DB=`db2 list db directory | egrep "Database alias|Directory entry type"|awk '{printf $0 ;... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: arizah
0 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

sybase::bcp

I am trying to bcp in using sybase::bcp perl module. I can find we can give user, pwd and server name in the parameters. How can I give database and table name? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Deei
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

bcp command help

Hi, When i execute a script in unix, the result i got is :: ./purgeErrors.ksh: bcp: not found What is the meaning of that output ? --- Aditya (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: chaditya
9 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

bcp error

hi all, Getting error while working on sybase::bcp as below, DB-Library error: Attempt to convert data stopped by syntax error in source field. Code is like, my $bcp_files = new Sybase::BCP $usr, $pass, $server; ---------- Post updated at 02:05 AM ---------- Previous update... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Deei
0 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Execute bcp commands from SQSH

Hi I am using SQSH to construct 10-20 bcp commands that I would like to execute. I can write all to file and open and do a for loop in the file. My question is if there is some way I can skip the file part and somehow pipe out the resulting dataset from SQSH and execute those directly? My... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: bicm_mike
1 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

BCP with cat not working

Hello, I am facing a typical problem in my code . If I run bcp alone it is working fine if I run BCP with cat it is not working . Not able to find where the error is occurring in cat . Can you please help bcp ${_DBName}..logfile in ${_currdate} -f$PANEL_HOME/format/logfile.fmt -Q -U$_UserId... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: arunkumar_mca
11 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Bcp command error in uploading data to Sybase

Hi All, I had an issue in executing bcp command to connect to Sybase from Unix script for uploading the data from file to table. I have a file called vrs_temp.txt (with two columns): 22055;20181001 21088;20181001 93840;20181001 30990;20181001 50990;20181001 50950;20181001Created a... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Suresh
4 Replies
Session::Store::Sybase(3)				User Contributed Perl Documentation				 Session::Store::Sybase(3)

NAME
Apache::Session::Store::Sybase - Store persistent data in a Sybase database SYNOPSIS
use Apache::Session::Store::Sybase; my $store = new Apache::Session::Store::MySQL; $store->insert( $ref ); $store->update( $ref ); $store->materialize( $ref ); $store->remove( $ref ); DESCRIPTION
Apache::Session::Store::Sybase fulfills the storage interface of Apache::Session. Session data is stored in a Sybase database. SCHEMA
To use this module, you will need at least these columns in a table called 'sessions': id CHAR(32) # or however long your session IDs are. a_session IMAGE To create this schema, you can execute this command using the isql or sqsh programs: CREATE TABLE sessions ( id CHAR(32) not null primary key, a_session TEXT ) go If you use some other command, ensure that there is a unique index on the id column of the table CONFIGURATION
The module must know what datasource, username, and password to use when connecting to the database. These values can be set using the options hash (see Apache::Session documentation). The options are: DataSource UserName Password Example: tie %hash, 'Apache::Session::Sybase', $id, { DataSource => 'dbi:Sybase:database=db;server=server', UserName => 'database_user', Password => 'K00l', Commit => 1, }; Instead, you may pass in an already-opened DBI handle to your database. tie %hash, 'Apache::Session::Sybase', $id, { Handle => $dbh }; Additional arguments you can pass to the backing store are: Commit - whether we should commit any changes; if you pass in an already-open database handle that has AutoCommit set to a true value, you do not need to set this. If you let Apache::Session::Store::Sybase create your database, handle, you must set this to a true value, otherwise, your changes will not be saved textsize - the value we should pass to the 'set textsize ' command that sets the max size of the IMAGE field. Default is 32K (at least in Sybase ASE 11.9.2). AUTHOR
This module was based on Apache::Session::Store::Oracle which was written by Jeffrey William Baker <jwbaker@acm.org>; it was modified by Chris Winters <chris@cwinters.com> to work with Apache::Session 1.5+ with changes from earlier version of Apache::Session::DBI::Sybase from Mark Landry <mdlandry@lincoln.midcoast.com>. SEE ALSO
Apache::Session perl v5.12.1 2007-09-28 Session::Store::Sybase(3)