Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Convert string in a column
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Convert string in a column Post 302435825 by iga3725 on Thursday 8th of July 2010 09:12:32 AM
Old 07-08-2010
Convert string in a column

Hi

I got this:
aix.acct,aix.system.config.cron,aix.system.config.src,aix.system.install,string2

and

I want this:

aix.acct
system.config.cron
aix.system.config.src
aix.system.install
string2

I tried using sed by changing ',' into an 'ENTER' but I couldn't. :-(

thxs

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

convert rows into column

if u have a data 2 4 6 8 5 4 4 5 6 then result shud be like 2 4 6 7 5 4 4 5 6 (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: cdfd123
3 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

column to row convert - script - help

Hi, I have a file named col.txt 1.000 2.000 3.000 4.000 5.000 6.000 7.000 8.000 I should get this 1.000 5.000 2.000 6.000 3.000 7.000 (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: G0Y
10 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Convert first line into column

I have a file: 2009_11 3455 500 5355 600 7777 700 The first line is the period. I want to concatenate the Period into every line using a one line command..I guess maybe awk or something. So the output would look like this: 3455 500 2009_11 5355 600 2009_11 7777 700 2009_11 ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: alfredo123
4 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to convert a column to last five digits

Hi Suppose I have a input.csv file like this Fort, 2034440-3333 Honda, b293489289 Toyota, 23423000 How to convert the second column to the following format, there are only two cases: a.if the last five character is a hyphen plus four numeric digit, keep the the last five digits... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: grossgermany
6 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Convert Column to rows

Hi, I have a file with below contents. Heading1 Heading2 Heading3 Heading4 Value1 Value2 Value3 Value4 The file has only 2 rows and is tab separated The desired output is : Heading1 Value1 Heading2 Value2 Heading3 Value3 Heading4 Value4 CAn you please help? (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: kaponeh
5 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Convert row to column

Hi, I have a file like this 50 1 2 1374438 50 1 2 1682957 50 5 2 1453574 50 10 2 1985890 100 1 2 737307 100 5 2 1660204 100 10 2 2148483 and I want to convert this by... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: gvj
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

convert row to column with respect of first column.

Input file A.txt :- C2062 -117.6 -118.5 -117.5 C5145 0 0 0 C5696 0 0 0 Output file B.txt C2062 X -117.6 C2062 Y -118.5 C2062 Z -117.5... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: asavaliya
4 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Search several string and convert into a single line for each search string using awk command AIX?.

I need to search the file using strings "Request Type" , " Request Method" , "Response Type" and by using result set find the xml tags and convert into a single line?. below are the scenarios. Cat test Nov 10, 2012 5:17:53 AM INFO: Request Type Line 1.... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: laknar
5 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Convert Rows into Column

Hi Experts, I have a requirement to convert rows into columns. For e.g. Input File: Output File should be like Appreciate if you could suggest code snippet(may be awk) for above requirement... Thanks in Advance for your help... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: sai_2507
3 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Convert a column to a line

Hi, I need to convert my text file into a sort of matrix form. my input file has 5 columns. $2 and $4 will be ignored and omitted from output, while $3 need to be re-arranged horizontally on top:- Akd1 aa233 Akd1 545 524.2 jlk01 aa233 Akd1 90 447 mht5 ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: redse171
2 Replies
Mono(Mono 1.0)															    Mono(Mono 1.0)

NAME
mono-config - Mono runtime file format configuration DESCRIPTION
The Mono runtime will load configuration data from the installation prefix /etc/mono/config file, the ~/.mono/config or from the file pointed by the MONO_CONFIG environment variable. For each assembly loaded a config file with the name: /path/to/the/assembly.exe.config is loaded as well as the ~/.mono/assemblies/ASSEM- BLY/ASSEMBLY.EXT.config file. This file controls the behavior of the runtime. The file contains an XML-like file with various sections, all of them contained inside a section (It actually uses GMarkup to parse the file). This page describes the Unix-specific and Mono-specific extensions to the configuration file; For complete details, see the http://www.mono-project.com/Config web page. <dllmap> directive You use the dllmap directive to map shared libraries referenced by P/Invoke in your assemblies to a different shared library. This is typically used to map Windows libraries to Unix library names. The dllmap element takes two attributes: dll This should be the same string used in the DllImport attribute, optionally prefixed with "i:" to indicate that the string must be matched in a case-insensitive way target This should be the name of the library where the function can be found: this name should be suitable for use with the platform native shared library loading routines (dlopen etc.), so you may want to check the manpages for that, too. <dllentry> directive This directive can be used to map a specific dll/function pair to a different library and also a different function name. It should appear inside a dllmap element with only the dll attribute specified. The dllentry element takes 3 attributes: dll This is the target library, where the function can be found. name This is the name of the function as it appears in the metadata: it is the name of the P/Invoke method. target This is the name of the function to lookup instead of the name specified in the P/Invoke method. Mapping based on operating system and cpu Both the dllmap and the dllentry elements allow the following two attributes which make it easy to use a single configuration file and sup- port multiple operating systems and architectures with different mapping requirements: os This is the name of the operating system for which the mapping should be applied. Allowed values are: linux, osx, solaris, freebsd, openbsd, netbsd, windows, aix, hpux. cpu This is the name of the architecture for which the mapping should be applied. Allowed values are: x86, x86-64, sparc, ppc, s390, s390x, arm, mips, alpha, hppa, ia64. wordsize This is the size of registers on the target architecture, it can be either 32 or 64. The attribute value for both attributes can be a comma-separated list of the allowed values. Additionally, the first character may be a '!' to reverse the meaning. An attribute value of "!windows,osx", for example, would mean that the entry is considered on all operating sys- tems, except on Windows and OS X. No spaces are allowed in any part of the value. Note that later entries will override the entries defined earlier in the file. EXAMPLES
The following example maps references to the `cygwin1.dll' shared library to the `libc.so.6' file. <configuration> <dllmap dll="i:cygwin1.dll" target="libc.so.6"/> </configuration> The library name in the DllImport attribute is allowed to be in any case variant, like the following examples: [DllImport ("cygwin1.dll")] [DllImport ("Cygwin1.dll")] [DllImport ("cygwiN1.Dll")] This one maps the following C# method: [DllImport ("libc")] static extern void somefunction (); to differentfunction in libdifferent.so , but to the same function in the library libanother.so when running under the Solaris and FreeBSD operating systems. <configuration> <dllmap dll="libc"> <dllentry dll="libdifferent.so" name="somefunction" target="differentfunction" /> <dllentry os="solaris,freebsd" dll="libanother.so" name="somefunction" target="differentfunction" /> </dllmap> </configuration> SEE ALSO
mono(1),monodis(1),mint(1) Mono(Mono 1.0)